PDA

View Full Version : 79-77

Will M
06-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Tony Larussa's managing style is much loved here on the ORG. Knows his Xs & Os very well. Mixes and matches. Watches pitch counts. etc. Basically the kind of manager the knowlegeble fan wishes he could be.

Dusty is a players manager. Handles the personalities in the clubhouse well. Tries to create an environment where once the players get on the field they give 100% effort. Weak in Xs & Os. Unloved by most on the ORG although he seems to be getting some begrudging respect recently.

What is 79-77? Dusty's career W-L record vs Larussa.

Falls City Beer
06-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Tony Larussa's managing style is much loved here on the ORG. Knows his Xs & Os very well. Mixes and matches. Watches pitch counts. etc. Basically the kind of manager the knowlegeble fan wishes he could be.

Dusty is a players manager. Handles the personalities in the clubhouse well. Tries to create an environment where once the players get on the field they give 100% effort. Weak in Xs & Os. Unloved by most on the ORG although he seems to be getting some begrudging respect recently.

I think LaRussa is a mediocre X's and O's manager. But that kind of stuff is way overblown in its importance.

princeton
06-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Knows his Xs & Os very well.

Larussa's cover 2 defense will revolutionize the game. He can use smaller, quicker OFers

and the Cards run the pick and roll better than any team in baseball.

westofyou
06-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Larussa's cover 2 defense will revolutionize the game. He can use smaller, quicker OFers

and the Cards run the pick and roll better than any team in baseball.

He also line changes well and mix's and matches face offs splendid as well.

jojo
06-02-2009, 01:11 PM

When did the ORG fall in love with LaRussa?

smith288
06-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I think LaRussa is overrated personally. Dusty too.

*BaseClogger*
06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
If anything, LaRussa is overrated because he very rarely is challenged for some of the stupid things he does (besides driving drunk)...

PuffyPig
06-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Tony Larussa's managing style is much loved here on the ORG.

I don't agree with that statement at all.

vaticanplum
06-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm not crazy about either of them, but I'm not sure what their record against each other says about their management effectiveness (or lack thereof). Especially when the record is almost dead even.

westofyou
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't agree with that statement at all.

We also liked the Dodgers a bunch in the 70's.... well no that's not true either.

nate
06-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I once saw "Redszone" litter!

:cool:

Chip R
06-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Is there a Bizarro ORG?

blumj
06-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I once saw "Redszone" litter!

I don't even get that, but I laughed anyway.

westofyou
06-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I don't even get that, but I laughed anyway.

I believe that RZ is a myth, he drives too fast, eats too much and smells like eggs.

fearofpopvol1
06-02-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't know that LaRussa is loved here...but if given the choice, I believe that 90%+ would take LaRussa over Dusty. I believe 99.99999999% of the org would take LaRussa with Dusty if Dave Duncan came with him.

Big Klu
06-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I don't know that LaRussa is loved here...but if given the choice, I believe that 90%+ would take LaRussa over Dusty. I believe 99.99999999% of the org would take LaRussa with Dusty if Dave Duncan came with him.

Put me in that 0.00000001%.

OUReds
06-02-2009, 08:33 PM

I second that, between the two I'll take Dusty every time.

Falls City Beer
06-02-2009, 09:10 PM

Absolutely. Larussa is an insufferable twerp who looked the other direction while his cleanup hitters juiced. He's a self-righteous schmuck and a drunk driver. The only thing that recommends him is his friendship with Duncan.

Big Klu
06-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I second that, between the two I'll take Dusty every time.

Absolutely. Larussa is an insufferable twerp who looked the other direction while his cleanup hitters juiced. He's a self-righteous schmuck and a drunk driver. The only thing that recommends him is his friendship with Duncan.

Do you realize that if these percentages are correct, then in order to counterbalance the three of us, there are 300,000,000 (that's 300 million, folks!) ORG members who prefer LaRussa

nate
06-03-2009, 10:08 AM

What do you really think of TLR?

hebroncougar
06-03-2009, 10:17 AM

Wasn't Baker the manager of Bonds for a long time while he juiced?

westofyou
06-03-2009, 10:22 AM

Shhhhhh..... Art Howe managed in Oakland too.. can we white wash him too?

LaRussa is a good manager, it's obvious by his record and legacy.

He is also the guy that brought in the constant throw over to first move in the 80's and the mind numbing BP shuffling we all endure today.

And for that I will always want find a rock to throw at him.

Falls City Beer
06-03-2009, 10:33 AM

Yep. I definitely don't approve. But Larussa is a jerk on top of shielding several steroid abusers in two different franchises (and is almost certainly shielding at least one current player--C. Duncan).

blumj
06-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Shhhhhh..... Art Howe managed in Oakland too.. can we white wash him too?

LaRussa is a good manager, it's obvious by his record and legacy.

He is also the guy that brought in the constant throw over to first move in the 80's and the mind numbing BP shuffling we all endure today.

And for that I will always want find a rock to throw at him.
Ugh, I really do hate him for that.