PDA

View Full Version : Why not try to land Reynolds/Davis?

bleedsred
06-02-2009, 04:17 PM
What do you guys think it would take to land Reynolds and Davis from Arizona? With Davis(LHP), he could be the #5 and put Micah in the pen. Lincoln could be part of the package to offset some of the salary. Maybe Lincoln, Bailey, EE, and Stubbs? Would it take much more than that? Reynolds would be a solid RH bat and a nice glove to have at 3b...

Would you throw Alonso in the deal to land Reynolds?

Plus Plus
06-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Reynolds has stone hands that would drive Reds fans crazy. I would rather have EE than him. Davis would potentially be a good catch, but I wouldn't mind seeing if Maloney can produce at his level before making that move.

aubashbrother
06-02-2009, 04:32 PM
WOW you are giving up wayyy to much even before you mentioned alonso

Redsnake
06-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Reynolds and EE career numbers are pretty close. That leaves Bailey, Stubbs and Lincoln for a 2-6 pitcher that isn't doing much for the D-Backs.
No thanks!

pitcher7
06-03-2009, 11:42 AM
An aging pitcher like Davis who is losing velocity like it is his job and a slugger like Reynolds who is like Dunn playing infield without walks and even worse strikeout rates...I wouldnt offer much at all for that package unless you really want to shred payroll, which still wouldn't be much with Davis making 8.75 mil this year

Newman4
06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
WOW you are giving up wayyy to much even before you mentioned alonso

I agree. Target someone better than Davis too. A Bailey, Stubbs, Alonzo and EE package is better than any package I have seen advertised for Jake Peavy. Davis is no Jake Peavy. ;)

RedLakerFan24
06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
What about Reynolds + Haren for Bailey, Stubbs, EE, and Heinsy(dont know his name)