PDA

View Full Version : Reasons that I love this team

improbus
06-04-2009, 09:11 PM
We may not be the '76 Reds, but I still love this team.

1) These guys bring it every night. I can count the number of times I felt someone wasn't going all out on one finger.
2) They have pitchers that throw hard. No more "pitching to contact". We have at least 4 guys who can hit 96 routinely.
3) Every time I think they are going to fold, they spring back and win some big games. Lose three to Milwaukee, take two of three (and counting) from St. Louis.
4) They have guys who have stepped up when called upon. Nix, Rosales, Owings (at the plate), Phillips is having a career year, Hanigan is great, Janish has been solid.

mroby85
06-04-2009, 09:16 PM
My favorite thing about this team is how they never seem to quit. I think the teams of the past had a lot of quit in them, and that's not the case anymore.

mlh1981
06-06-2009, 03:18 PM
We have a top notch bullpen and rarely blow leads anymore. The days of Todd Coffey and Gary Majewski are long gone.

Ghosts of 1990
06-06-2009, 03:54 PM
The bullpen is the #1 reason that I think we'll stay in this all year. In the past when we had a dominating pen like this we simply were just there all year. I'm reffering to when we had Williamson, Pineda, Scott Sullivan, Graves and all of them were firing on all cylinders.... the bullpen is something I love about this team

Mutaman
06-06-2009, 04:41 PM
They usually play hard, they don't give up, and there appears to be good chemistry in the dugout. Lots of solid pros on this team: Hernandez, JHJr, Agon, Rhodes, Bronson, Weathers, Co-Co. Good coaching staff. Im satistified , lets get healthy.

WILD THING
06-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I agree, I love the intensity and full-effort this team brings. I don't know what got into BP but he's been playing like a kid again lately. I was growing very tired of watching him walk down the first baseline on a ground ball and not running out fly balls that could be lost in the lights or simply dropped. I don't know if Dusty gave him some tough love or he's realizing that the game is a lot more fun when you give it your all, but I like it :thumbup:

goreds2
06-10-2009, 03:08 AM
They hit the ball the other way with two strikes and/or at least make contact more than in previous years.

They are finally playing good outfield defense that was expected initially.

We can freakin' pitch the ball now.

Fullboat
06-10-2009, 01:35 PM
No more of that dreaded shift strategy.:thumbup:

RedLakerFan24
06-10-2009, 01:38 PM
We are still in the Race with everyone Injured

xavr1
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Hands down, my favorite thing about this team is that, when we take the lead, I expect to win. I honestly cannot remember the last time I regularly had that feeling. I used to just assume the other team would make a run. I think the players have the same feeling, and when you play like you expect to win, more often than not, you do.

ian_madden
06-10-2009, 03:07 PM
When we score early I feel very confident that we are going to win. Excellent bullpen. We have come a long way baby, we are not done yet. WE ARE A WORK IN PROGRESS.WE WILL BE BETTER. Just you wait.

Jefferson24
06-10-2009, 03:41 PM
I too am excited about this team because they aren't that bad. When they get healthy they may actually be decent, dare I say good. That my friends is a breath of fresh air to a Reds fan. Its been a while since this team gave me a valid reason for hope, it's a nice feeling.