PDA

View Full Version : Louisville in Columbus

11larkin11
06-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Anyone heading to any games next weekend in Columbus to watch the Bats? Im coaching a HS summer team that has a tourney in Worthington so I'm thinking about going to a game or two while I'm already down there. I'd like to see Homer pitch, although with today's rainout and an offday next week, I'm not sure when he will toe the rubber.

redsfan1966
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I will be there on Friday and Sunday definitely. If you havent been to Huntington Park; make sure to take a trip around the park before the game. It is a phenomenal facility...just have to figure out how not to tick off the locals while wearing my Bats t-shirt....:)

BuckeyeRedleg
06-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I'll be there Friday night. 2nd row behind the Bats dugout.

BuckeyeRedleg
06-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Is there a way to find out who starts for Louisville on Friday?

I'm hoping it's Bailey. He'd be pitching on 4 days rest. He pitched Sunday, followed by Lehr on Monday, Lecure on Tuesday, off-day today, and Ramirez tomorrow.

With Maloney in Cincy, the only other possible starters I can think of are Pettyjohn and Jukich, who have both pitched this week in relief (although limited).

camisadelgolf
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Federico Baez is very well-rested, so you might see him. He has had only one appearance since May 30th.

reds1869
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I would love to check out the Huntington Park. After all, my tax dollars helped build the thing. When I lived in Columbus we just had grand ole Cooper Stadium. It certainly had character, just not the right kind. :)

redsfan1966
06-13-2009, 12:41 AM
reds1869 --- definitely try to make it up here to see the new park...it is a great place to watch a game. Only 4 bad seats in the whole place, with bleachers on top of a building in left to a "mini green monster" in right. If you are cheap, you can watch the game for free through screens at street level in right field (at nod to the "knothole" tradition). Plus, the best kept secret about Huntington Park --- the food is awesome.