PDA

View Full Version : Wii questions

dougdirt
06-08-2009, 06:38 PM
I love the Wii and decided that I need my own. I really enjoy the sports games. I am going to get TW Golf and Punch Out. My question is, what other games would I enjoy? I am really only looking for sports games. I like the idea of a tennis game, but hate the one that is part of wii sports because the doubles factor makes it lame and more difficult than it should be. There are some promising looking options, has anyone played any of the tennis games? How were they? Is there a decent baseball game out there where you can pitch and hit? Have any suggestions for games to check out? Let me know and I will see how they look. Thanks.

paintmered
06-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Check this out: http://tennis.easports.com/home.action

MilotheMayor
06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
The debut of the Wii Motion Plus attachment will definitely improve how immersible many sports games are. I believe Grand Slam Tennis and Virtua Tennis are both coming practically now, and the hype for the new Tiger Woods is especially great for its realism thanks to WM+.

dougdirt
06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Check this out: http://tennis.easports.com/home.action

Yeah, I saw that. I will be owning that.

namichael
06-09-2009, 09:20 PM
The debut of the Wii Motion Plus attachment will definitely improve how immersible many sports games are. I believe Grand Slam Tennis and Virtua Tennis are both coming practically now, and the hype for the new Tiger Woods is especially great for its realism thanks to WM+.

I picked up the new Tiger today as a bundle with the Wii Motion Plus for $59.99. A $15 savings if they are purchased separately. The game is phenomenal. It's the best tiger since 2004. The motion plus attachment adds a whole new dimension for the swing mechanics for the game. I've only had it since this afternoon so I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the 27 available courses.

If anymore RedsZoners pick up TW 2010, I saw we start a thread to discuss.
:beerme:

paintmered
06-10-2009, 12:29 AM
I understand how Wii Motion Plus incorporates fade and draw into the swing. But how is it with pushes and pulls?

Basically, how closely does it replicate a real golf swing and its many flaws?

wolfboy
06-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Can someone provide a link to the Wii Motion? Our Wii has been collecting dust for quite a while, but I'm intrigued by this.

namichael
06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Can someone provide a link to the Wii Motion? Our Wii has been collecting dust for quite a while, but I'm intrigued by this.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/eMMuRj_N6vntHPDycCJAKWhEO9zBvyPH

Not a very thorough explanation, but it's the official description from Nintendo.

wolfboy
06-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks! :thumbup:

So it just makes the controller more responsive/sensitive?

LoganBuck
06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks! :thumbup:

So it just makes the controller more responsive/sensitive?

Yes, but only for games that are programmed for use with the MotionPlus. It does not have backward compatibility.

dougdirt
06-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes, but only for games that are programmed for use with the MotionPlus. It does not have backward compatibility.

Speaking of the backwards compatibility... does the sensor make it not work for the golf clubs you can buy to play the games with?

TheBigLebowski
06-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Speaking of the backwards compatibility... does the sensor make it not work for the golf clubs you can buy to play the games with?

No, unless you're referring to some new golf clubs I've never seen.

Punch Out is incredibly fun. I just beat Mr Sandman last night.

I know you mostly want sports games, but I highly recommend both Boom Blox and the Raving Rabbid games.

Unassisted
06-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Speaking of the backwards compatibility... does the sensor make it not work for the golf clubs you can buy to play the games with?Since Wii Motion uses the nunchuk port, any attachment that covers that port or the area around it is likely to be incompatible.

dougdirt
06-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Since Wii Motion uses the nunchuk port, any attachment that covers that port or the area around it is likely to be incompatible.

Thats what I thought. Sounds like I am just going to have to modify some plastic then because I just can't play a golf game without using the golf club. Its weird to me. Thanks unassisted and TBL! :thumbup:

MilotheMayor
06-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Since Wii Motion uses the nunchuk port, any attachment that covers that port or the area around it is likely to be incompatible.
The WM+ attachment has a port built at its end too. So a nunchuck can still be plugged in.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/features/hardware/wii-motionplus/0003.jpg

improbus
06-17-2009, 07:46 PM
I picked up the new Tiger today as a bundle with the Wii Motion Plus for $59.99. A $15 savings if they are purchased separately. The game is phenomenal. It's the best tiger since 2004. The motion plus attachment adds a whole new dimension for the swing mechanics for the game. I've only had it since this afternoon so I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the 27 available courses.

If anymore RedsZoners pick up TW 2010, I saw we start a thread to discuss.
:beerme:

I picked it up yesterday and my left arm is currently aching...:) My first round started out at 18 over, then 10 over, then 5 over, and now I'm shooting par golf. You really have to watch what your wrist is doing. Putting is still taking some getting used to.