PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bondsí wife files for legal separation

Eric_the_Red
06-09-2009, 03:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-bonds-separation&prov=ap&type=lgns

Watson cited irreconcilable differences in papers filed by her lawyer on Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court. She is seeking spousal support and joint legal and physical custody.

Bonds, major league baseballís home run leader, is awaiting trial after pleading not guilty to lying to a federal grand jury in December 2003 when he denied knowingly taking performance-enhancing drugs. The trial has been delayed because of a dispute over admissible evidence.

Chip R
06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't understand. He seems like such a swell guy.

Sea Ray
06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Think she'll want some money from Barry?

Chip R
06-09-2009, 03:56 PM
If those two kids can't make it what hope do the rest of us have?

RichRed
06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't understand. He seems like such a swell guy.

Did you mean swollen?

Eric_the_Red
06-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Did you mean swollen?

:thumbup: Nicely done.

George Anderson
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I wonder if this jilted ex just might spill the beans on so many questions we have had about her hubby??

jojo
06-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I wonder if this jilted ex just might spill the beans on so many questions we have had about her hubby??

People have lingering questions about Bonds?

George Anderson
06-09-2009, 04:39 PM

No, on second thought how could they?

Chip R
06-09-2009, 04:39 PM

Yeah. They want to know whether he used the Cream or the Clear.

jojo
06-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah. They want to know whether he used the Cream or the Clear.

That's easy-he used the clear cream while listening to Derek and the Dominoes.

It's Clapton's lesser side projects that stimulated Bonds' power surge but PEDs have overshadowed this fact and as a result, it's likely to never come to light.

MrCinatit
06-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Sounds to me like he didn't take the right performance-enhancing drugs.

RFS62
06-09-2009, 06:29 PM

Ouch!

:beerme:

cumberlandreds
06-10-2009, 09:52 AM

Very good! :thumbup:

I'm sure part of the divorce settlement will that she won't publicly comment on anything about him. I'm sure she will get a nice bonus for that clause too.

jojo
06-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Very good! :thumbup:

I'm sure part of the divorce settlement will that she won't publicly comment on anything about him. I'm sure she will get a nice bonus for that clause too.

I'd chip in just so we wouldn't have to hear the details.

RedlegJake
06-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Hold the Boat!! Wasn't his immense affection for his family and spouse the reason he never wanted anything to do with the world outside? He is such a family guy! I can't believe she could be such a jerk to such a sweet man...

Jpup
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Hold the Boat!! Wasn't his immense affection for his family and spouse the reason he never wanted anything to do with the world outside? He is such a family guy! I can't believe she could be such a jerk to such a sweet man...

It's very obvious the guys loves his kids. There are always 2 sides to the story. Maybe it's her fault. ;)

BCubb2003
06-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Mostly off topic, but I've sometimes wondered what daily life is like for the mega-famous, such as Bonds, Tiger Woods or even Griffey. Do you spend most of the hours of the day playing video games, then golf with your CEO golfing buddies, then back to the house? Do you have to stop at the post office, Krogers or the dry cleaners? Whereupon somebody's whole life becomes the story of how they saw Griffey in the Krogers. There are a lot of hours in the day. How do you spend them all without making each moment of your life an event?

RFS62
06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Mostly off topic, but I've sometimes wondered what daily life is like for the mega-famous

Let me tell ya, it's not easy.

:pimp:

MrCinatit
06-11-2009, 03:57 PM
5:00 a.m.: Awoke at the break of dawn.
5:02 a.m.: Cussed out garbage men for waking me at the break of down.
5:04 a.m.: Went back to sleep. Six hours is not enough.
11:45 a.m.: Woke up. Applied "wake up strong" cream.
11:51 a.m.: Began walking down the stairs.
12:03 a.m.: Got to the bottom of the stairs. Contemplating mansion elevator. Knees hurt. Apply special "get well knees" cream.
12:06: Breakfast. A dozen eggs, 12 pieces of bacon, 15 pancakes, 21 sausages, 11 grapefruits (hey! That equals 72!) - all liquified and injected into my left buttock, along with some "breakfast energy" cream.
12:42: Vegetate in front of the TV watching The OC reruns.
12:56: Wife is nagging me about mowing the lawn. Remind myself to see if there is a "make wife less annoying" cream. Call yard service to see if they are available. Bonilla says he would be glad to come over in an hour.
1:07: Exhausted from wife nagging and phone call. He wanted to talk about the old days and some guy named "Jay Bell", who apparently drives my car. Had to hang up on him after lying about no reception because car is going through wind tunnel. Took a nap.
2:45: Woke up to wife nagging about us not having oregano. I have doubts there is such a thing, but told her I would go to Ames to get some.
2:50: Called entourage. But, found Minx Face, Keffer, Flip Top, Mount Good, Tooth Ferry, Chairface Chippendale, Dusty Baker, Long John High Fiver, RFS, No CD Mix and More Hubcaps had some disease called "twitter", so will have to go to Ames myself.
4:45: After driving through half the town, found that Ames had gone out of business 10 years ago. Now I can't even remember what I'm after. Special "memory cream" isn't helping, so I applied some "forget about it" cream. Now I can't even remember why I'm in this...driving thing. Or how to use it.
5:32: Wife picks me up at police station. Nags at me about having to pick me up at jail and forgetting to pick up oregano. Ah, but I have a surprise for her: some dude in the next cell had some in a clear plastic bag.
5:55: While wife is fixing supper, I play the only working game I still have, Asteroids on my Atari.
5:58: Remember why I only have one working game as I sling the Atari and Asteroids game through the window in a fit of rage that seems to possess me every time I use my special creams.
6:30: While eating super (some spaghetti shaped like an "o" with that oregano I bought in jail sprinkled on top), I mention the food tastes funny. Wife says something about putting somewhere near where I inject my breakfast. In a fit of rage, I fling the plate at the wall. Dog likes it. Rooms seems to be melting.
6:45: Go into den, watch some more TV. TV set seems to be floating through the air, eating the lamps. "Make the floating TV go away" cream not helping. Dog is laying at feet, freaking out while it eats Cheetos. Wife still nagging.
6:55: Getting tired. Time to go to bed. Put on special "sleepy time" cream and inject some steroids. Remind self to burn diary or tear it up in fit of rage.
7:05: Realize this isn't my house. And nagging wife is actually hysterical neighbor. Wife's gonna be peeved.

BCubb2003
06-11-2009, 05:26 PM
5:00 a.m.: Awoke at the break of dawn.
5:02 a.m.: Cussed out garbage men for waking me at the break of down.
5:04 a.m.: Went back to sleep. Six hours is not enough.
11:45 a.m.: Woke up. Applied "wake up strong" cream.

I think I saw this show on MTV.

RichRed
06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
I think I saw this show on MTV.

Real World: Balco

Great stuff, MrCinatit.

RFS62
06-11-2009, 07:17 PM
It appears that MrCinatit put on his Totally Awesome cream today.

:beerme:

Rojo
06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
There are a lot of hours in the day. How do you spend them all without making each moment of your life an event?

I come here. You guys help me keep it real.

BCubb2003
06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Apparently I'm the only non-mega-famous person here.