PDA

View Full Version : Brad Hawpe?

RedLakerFan24
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
What about Brad Hawpe in LF? I also believe his numbers away from Coors Field arent too much of a difference, He is a Lefty and when Votto Returns we will have 2 Lefties in a row but its ok cuz Votto Hits Left handers just as good as Right Handers, Juan Francisco + Homer Bailey?

1. Willie Taveras CF
2. Jerry Harriston 3B
3. Joey Votto 1B
4. Brad Hawpe LF
5. Brandon Phillips 2B
6. Jay Bruce RF
7. Ramon Hernandez C
8. Alex Gonzalez SS
9. Pitcher

Shawn_RedsFan
06-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Won't happen so this is pointless to even discuss it.

ian_madden
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
we wont bat 2 lefties in a row. I don't see this happening either.

RedLakerFan24
06-10-2009, 10:04 PM
It is being said on the mlb tv station..That the reds have inquired about hawpe and atkins, who would we give up? bailey? roenicke? dont really know but, them 2 would be nice additions

BluegrassRedleg
06-10-2009, 10:39 PM
It would be an upgrade. Then again, just about anything would be. Taveras has worn out his welcome with me in the leadoff spot. Let's just go with Dickerson.

cbowen2112
06-10-2009, 10:41 PM
I will take these stats. As of tonight vs. Brewers in MIL. (2-4 2B and HR)

Season stats:

AVG. HR RBI OPS
.339 9 45 1.020

Yes please!

Captain Hook
06-11-2009, 01:43 AM
I have brought Hawpe up many times only to be ignored.He's on my fantasy team and has been a very solid bat all season long.I can't remember the details and can't find it but I know he has a reasonable contract and is locked up for a few more years. Col. should be looking to deal soon so we'll see.

Shawn_RedsFan
06-11-2009, 01:45 AM
It is being said on the mlb tv station..That the reds have inquired about hawpe and atkins, who would we give up? bailey? roenicke? dont really know but, them 2 would be nice additions

Atkins maybe but I really think it is very doubtful we get either but who knows? I've said this on another thread but what about DeRosa?? What are his options after this year?? Keep him at 3rd and if need be whenever EE comes back we can move him to the OF.

bleedsred
06-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Let's say the Reds acquire Hawpe...then who goes from the OF? Does anyone think the Reds drop W.T.? Hawpe-Dickerson-Bruce with Gomes/Nixas bats off the bench along with Jerry H. as supersub.... Never will happen.

Captain Hook
06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Let's say the Reds acquire Hawpe...then who goes from the OF? Does anyone think the Reds drop W.T.? Hawpe-Dickerson-Bruce with Gomes/Nixas bats off the bench along with Jerry H. as supersub.... Never will happen.

Lincoln?I don't think we need to carry 13 pitchers with our starter doing well.

travisgrimes
06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
i say grab hawpe and derosa

CWRed
06-12-2009, 02:10 PM

Dusty will never stop using Taveras. It's Corey Patterson all over again without the awesome 'brows. Here's an idea....

Actually give Dickerson a chance every day to play centerfield and lead off. Way better fielder and he can actually hit too it seems. His OBP is higher than Taveras' even in the offseason. And here's another idea...bat Hanigan higher up than 8th. Oh and yes Dusty by all means continue putting Taveras in the 2 hole. Your worst hitter batting 2nd. Quality. What a great pickup. :rolleyes:

Dickerson
Nix/Gomes/Hairston (sparingly)
Votto
BP
Hernandez/Hanigan
Bruce
Rosales/Hairston
Gonzo (ugh)/Janish

Use Taveras as a pinch runner and designated bunter.

Shawn_RedsFan
06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Honestly I really don't understand why instead of signing Taveras if we just gave Hopper time as an every day player. I would rather see Dickerson than either of them but imho Hopper > Taveras

bleedsred
06-13-2009, 12:35 PM
The Reds signed WT because of Quirk.....maybe I'm wrong. But I think one of the GMs special assistants Jaime Quirk advised for this signing, if so the dude should be unemployed with Taveras. Complete waste of resources when there was in-house replacements(Dickerson/Hopper).