PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Interested In Miguel Tejada

redsfan4445
06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
per mlb trade roumurs:

Cardinals Interested In Miguel Tejada
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [June 11 at 10:58am CST]
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals "expanded their search for an additional hitter to include" Miguel Tejada. Since Troy Glaus is out for a while and Khalil Greene is still rehabbing, Tejada could fit on the left side of their infield and provide some offense.

So far he's leading the league with a .355 batting average to go along with an OPS of .899. Though some see Tejada as a third baseman, he has never actually player third in the major leagues. He makes $13MM this year before becoming a free agent after the season.

ESPN.com's Buster Olney weighs in, saying he doesn't think the Astros, or any team owned by Drayton McLane would deal a key player to a division rival.

I HOPE NOT.. hate seeing the Cards improve and the Reds do nothing!!

hippie07
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Tejada at 3rd for the Reds would be nice...

Brutus
06-11-2009, 01:04 PM

Based on 3-year away averages, Tejada is actually a slight offensive downgrade over a healthy Encarnacion (though I realize the Reds would make up significantly on defense), but I tend to agree I'd rather have Tejada.

I believe Adrian Beltre is the best option at third base for the Reds to upgrade to (both offensively and defensively).

RedsMan3203
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM

and batting 2nd before a healthy Joey Votto. :cool:

hippie07
06-12-2009, 02:21 PM
dang ... offense ... please...

Tejada, Holliday, anyone... please...