PDA

View Full Version : 6/11/09 - Reds vs Nationals

Pages : 1 [2]

nate
06-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Yesterday's game brings the total number of losses by 1 run when the Reds score 3 or fewer runs to 7.

You guys don't think 7 wins would make that big a difference in the standings at the end of the season do you?

Naw...

:cool:

_Sir_Charles_
06-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Yesterday's game brings the total number of losses by 1 run when the Reds score 3 or fewer runs to 7.

You guys don't think 7 wins would make that big a difference in the standings at the end of the season do you?

Naw...

:cool:

Now figure out how many of the OTHER teams in the Central have lost 1 run games when scoring fewer than 3. It's not like the Reds are the only team that does this. We've also WON our fair share of those types of games. It cuts both ways.

nate
06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Now figure out how many of the OTHER teams in the Central have lost 1 run games when scoring fewer than 3. ]It's not like the Reds are the only team that does this. We've also WON our fair share of those types of games. It cuts both ways.

In one-run games with 3 or fewer runs scored:

Brewers: 5-5
Cards: 5-5
Reds: 2-7

It does seem to "cut both ways."

For the Brewers and Cards.

GAC
06-12-2009, 03:56 PM
The Reds are tempting fate this season. Lets hope fate is a wussy.

I'm more optimistic and impressed with this year's team then teams I have seen in the recent past. But regardless of the fact we are only 1 1/2 games out of 1st and above .500, we still looking like a drowning man flailing his arms to keep his head above water. And sooner or later those arms are gonna give out on you.

But when I look at the NL Central division, and those 4 teams (Brewers, Cards, Reds, Cubs), it could be like this all year, so that is hopeful, as far as the Reds go.

That is until some of these team's "arms" start to give out. What team(s) will that be? Anyone's guess.

Getting Votto back will be a big boost. But we still have some holes to address, IMO, in order to contend. And I don't think we'll see a trading deadline love being made. Could be wrong there; but just what I believe.

traderumor
06-12-2009, 05:13 PM
In one-run games with 3 or fewer runs scored:

Brewers: 5-5
Cards: 5-5
Reds: 2-7

It does seem to "cut both ways."

For the Brewers and Cards.I'm not sure what this proves one way or the other, other than in games the Cards and Brewers have had trouble scoring, the pitching matched the lack of run production a few more times than the Reds. But even that is arbitrary, as in it isn't like the Brewers and Cards have more skill in games where they score 3 runs or fewer than the Reds.

nate
06-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure what this proves one way or the other, other than in games the Cards and Brewers have had trouble scoring, the pitching matched the lack of run production a few more times than the Reds. But even that is arbitrary, as in it isn't like the Brewers and Cards have more skill in games where they score 3 runs or fewer than the Reds.

I was disputing the notion that it "cuts both ways" and the the Reds have "won their fair share" in one run games where they score three or fewer runs vs. other teams in the central.

_Sir_Charles_
06-12-2009, 07:28 PM
My point was that it's not like those other teams aren't losing 1 run games too. We've lost a total of TWO more low scoring one run games than they have. Hardly a cause for concern IMO.