PDA

View Full Version : You Do Steroids.

LvJ
06-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Gotta love Boston :bowrofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR0dQCKHjng

fisch11
06-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Like you expected anything else from Boston fans in Fenway?

klw
06-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Very funny. I was watching on YES and couldn't make out what the chant was and while the announcers spoke about it they didn't say what was being said.

traderumor
06-12-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm sure no Boston players juiced while they were Red Sox. :rolleyes:

medford
06-12-2009, 04:19 PM
What is that about people in glass houses? Is it just me, or is Red Sox fan becoming worse than Yankee fan? Just imagine if the Cubs every actually won anything

VR
06-12-2009, 04:38 PM

Funny, can't open it at work....but when I saw "steroids" and "Red Sox" I was assuming it was about David Ortiz.

traderumor
06-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Funny, can't open it at work....but when I saw "steroids" and "Red Sox" I was assuming it was about David Ortiz.If David Ortiz was/is, he would be voted worse body ever produced by steroids ;)

redsfan1966
06-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I was amazed that Dave O'Brien actually said on ESPN what the fans were chanting --- and he and Sutcliffe laughed about it. I enjoyed it..

blumj
06-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I was amazed that Dave O'Brien actually said on ESPN what the fans were chanting --- and he and Sutcliffe laughed about it. I enjoyed it..

O'Brien does Red Sox games on radio when he's not doing ESPN games. I was watching that game on NESN, but I may have missed it because I turn into a jittery wreck trying to watch the 9th inning with a 1 run lead against the Yankees. :redface:

wally post
06-12-2009, 06:31 PM
What is that about people in glass houses? Is it just me, or is Red Sox fan becoming worse than Yankee fan? Just imagine if the Cubs every actually won anything

Yes. Excellent point, Medford. If the Cubs DO ever win, it will be horrifying.

Spitball
06-12-2009, 08:51 PM
The Red Sox fans were just having fun. The announcers, and I'm sure the majority of the nation, recognized it. I remember being in Fenway back in the mid 1970s and Catfish Hunter had given up several consecutive homeruns when a murmer started through the crowd. And soon it grew and grew. Pretty soon everyone was laughing, clapping, looking from one to another, and chanting, "Yankees suck!" At first I was shocked. Then, I realized the crowd had taken on a festive, passionate, unified life of its own. It was a pretty cool experience.

BTW, I read years later that night was the birth of the mass chant at Fenway.

cincinnati chili
06-13-2009, 12:14 PM

I distinctly remember being at a game in the right field bleachers at Fenway when Canseco, WHILE A MEMBER OF THE RED SOX, was getting taunted by people in the bleachers.

The taunt was:

ster-oids [clap clap]
ster-oids [clap clap]

repeat.

Canseco was a good sport about it and flexed for the crowd. That won them over.

11larkin11
06-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Manny?

Cedric
06-13-2009, 11:29 PM
I can't believe that I actually root for the Yankees to beat the Red Sox.

That's how unbearable their fans and players are. David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez won them their tainted titles. That's a sad fact. Baseball championships from the mid 90's to now are pretty worthless. Look at the 02 Angels.

wheels
06-14-2009, 12:53 PM
O'Brien does Red Sox games on radio when he's not doing ESPN games. I was watching that game on NESN, but I may have missed it because I turn into a jittery wreck trying to watch the 9th inning with a 1 run lead against the Yankees. :redface:

What is there to be nervous about?

You have the entire world of Baseball placed in your lap every day on a platter.

Gotta be a little boring, actually.

Spitball
06-14-2009, 04:11 PM
That's a sad fact.

It is a fact that they won titles, but it is an opinion that they were tainted. ;)