PDA

View Full Version : If you has $12.25 million to spend how would you spend it?

GIDP
06-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I know it wouldnt be on Jerry Hairston, Willy Taveras, and Mike Lincoln.

4 million less than what Dye is making this year
7.5 million more than Bobby Abreu is making
12.1 million more than the Mets are paying Gary Sheffield
the same amount of money the angels resigned Juan Rivera for over 3 years this offseason.
10 million more than Joe Crede is making
9 million less than what the Yankees are paying Nick Swisher over the next 3 years.

Personally I would havent spent it at all considering those options other than offering Abreu some more cash than the angels did.

what say you? How would you rather spend that cash?

mroby85
06-14-2009, 05:51 PM
I wanted Trevor Hoffman but instead of Weathers so that basically wouldve been a wash. This offense is putrid, and I really wanted Jermaine Dye or some form of a right hand bat in the offseason. However I was okay with the signing of Hairston and Lincoln at the time, so I can't really throw stones now, I just think they needed to do more. Lincoln obviously was a bad choice now, but I didn't think so at the time.

GIDP
06-14-2009, 06:00 PM
I think hairston isnt a bad signing honestly.

BluegrassRedleg
06-14-2009, 06:12 PM
I think hairston isnt a bad signing honestly.

You need Jerry Hairston types on your team, just not in a capacity where they have to be relied upon to play everyday and produce a lot. That's the main problem with the Reds' lineup right now: too many part-time players being counted on to play everyday.

GIDP
06-14-2009, 06:20 PM
You need Jerry Hairston types on your team, just not in a capacity where they have to be relied upon to play everyday and produce a lot. That's the main problem with the Reds' lineup right now: too many part-time players being counted on to play everyday.

I just think the problem is they viewed him as a guy you can rely upon based off 1 season instead of his career.

redsfanmia
06-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I would hire a few more announcers and then would get a new scoreboard.

berryluther
06-14-2009, 10:06 PM
A big house and a couple Italian Sports cars to begin with

Captain Hook
06-14-2009, 10:44 PM
I would hire a few more announcers and then would get a new scoreboard.

Actually the Reds did that on top of spending 12.25 Mil. on three guys that the team really didn't need.Nothing against Weathers but I think we could do without him.When you look at it that way the team could have added 2 all star caliber players and instead got a scoreboard,announcers(not sure who your talking about)and a few guys that we could do without.:explode:

By the way.I really like the new score board but I would like the old one better if it had the home team winning more often.

DTCromer
06-14-2009, 10:45 PM
lulz at the people who say that buying that scoreboard is keeping is from contending.

shocker fan
06-14-2009, 10:46 PM
I would spend it on scouting and in signing bonuses for Overseas players.

Captain Hook
06-14-2009, 11:15 PM
lulz at the people who say that buying that scoreboard is keeping is from contending.

Why?If it was impossible for that money to have been spent on players then I would agree.It would also make it easier to agree if the old one had actually been old.

GOYA
06-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I'd invest it all in General Motors at $1.10 a share.

bounty37h
06-15-2009, 10:29 AM
I would do as Reds owners have done for decadesnow, kepe the money in my pocket and tell fans we dont have money to buy players, we are small market, and laugh my tail off all the way to tha bank.

Brandon4MVP
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
We need weathers on this team. We need him as a leader. He is the best leader we have

GOYA
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I'd invest it all in General Motors at $1.10 a share.

And GM closed at $1.26 today. Selling then, I could have made a cool $1.78 mil.

fewfirstchoice
06-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Worst part of it all. The Reds still owe Taveras 4 million next year aswell.