PDA

View Full Version : Is Votto coming back tomorrow?

mroby85
06-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Everyone talked about Votto possibly coming back on Tuesday, but everything has been silent the last couple days, so I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it?
I figured they would activate him today if he was playing tomorrow.

cbowen2112
06-15-2009, 10:56 PM
It is doubtful he will play Tuesday. He will probably not play this series. He may start doing rehab assignments. Time will tell. We would have heard about him playing tomorrow already if he was imo.

TheBigLebowski
06-15-2009, 11:46 PM
This is one of the weirdest, most frustrating situations I can remember since the Bob Boone tenure.

Reds09
06-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I dont know what is going on with Votto. I wish him the best and a quick recovery from his situation. We need him back and performing like he has been all season. I agree we would have heard something if he was planning on returning tomorrow night.

BUTLER REDSFAN
06-16-2009, 12:11 AM
If he was ready to come back now then why wasn't he already rehabbing the last few days in the minors? They are stalling for time. I hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling there is some kind of major announcement(in a negative way)coming soon.

mroby85
06-16-2009, 01:42 AM
If he was ready to come back now then why wasn't he already rehabbing the last few days in the minors? They are stalling for time. I hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling there is some kind of major announcement(in a negative way)coming soon.

I really hope not. It's almost like you can see everything caving in right on top of this season, and the only ones who can control it are standing by and watching it collapse.

JoeyGears76
06-16-2009, 09:22 AM
I really hope not. It's almost like you can see everything caving in right on top of this season, and the only ones who can control it are standing by and watching it collapse.

Sometimes there are things that cannot be controlled by anyone.

Mr.MojoRisin
06-16-2009, 12:54 PM
If he's not gonna play we need to trade for someone who will.

just my opinion of course.

Carin4Narron
06-16-2009, 02:36 PM
According to the sticky thread of read this annoucement, shouldn't this thread be removed?

xavr1
06-16-2009, 03:22 PM
No one is speculating on the reason for his absence, so I dont know why it would be removed. Just fans lamenting the fact that his great bat isnt in the lineup. Its a very pertinent issue with the team right now, so I hope we can at least discuss his return date without getting into rumors about his reasons for not playing.

Ghosts of 1990
06-16-2009, 03:45 PM
He's going to go to AAA before coming back with the big club. So don't plan on him being back with us anytime soon.

bgwilly31
06-16-2009, 04:11 PM
He's going to go to AAA before coming back with the big club. So don't plan on him being back with us anytime soon.

Why we would he go to AAA. Where did you get that info>?

You think if albert pujols got hurt they would send him to AAA. before he got back on the team.

I seriously doubt they send him to AAA.

GIDP
06-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Why we would he go to AAA. Where did you get that info>?

You think if albert pujols got hurt they would send him to AAA. before he got back on the team.

I seriously doubt they send him to AAA.

They said he was going to have to rehab in AAA.

Rockermann
06-16-2009, 04:38 PM
They said he was going to have to rehab in AAA.

Yup... I think Dusty's quote was something like, "He's a natural, but he ain't THAT natural."

bgwilly31
06-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Your kidding me.

This team is a joke. Wait let me rephrase that.

Dusty is a joke.

Ghosts of 1990
06-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Not Dusty's decision on the AAA rehab assignment. At least I'm sure it's not 100% his decision.

Rockermann
06-17-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm sure the team might be a little leery... They could take him off the DL, plug him into the line up and then two days later the problem resurfaces and down he goes again. I bet they wanna see him play for a week or so without any issues. Even in the less stressful environment of AAA.

Pony Boy
06-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Anyone else notice Votto in the dugout last night joking around? Looks like a good sign.