PDA

View Full Version : Elijah Dukes

nemesis
06-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Was just suffering through another sleepless night, looking up all the stats on all the teams and came across something that made me think...

Elijah Dukes and Jay Bruce have roughly the same number of AB's and games played. Only about 2 weeks difference between them. Jay is 22 and Dukes is 24.

Last night was Dukes 180th game played and 162nd in the field. In those 162 games he has 20 OF assists. Very Nice. Bruce has the same amount of games in the field and has had 16. Throw Stubbs in the mix and you've got one very scarry good defensive OF...

Dukes also has a very decent and developing .794 OPS in those AB's and even though he is a bit down this year I feel it may be due to pressing because the Nationals tend to find themselves behind quite a bit. Bruce has a .765 OPS... Both of them has the "potiential" to be a true dominate force. If he could get away from Washington and play half his games a GABP I could see an immediate .020 to .050 raise in Dukes OPS and over time with development a player who could have 1.000 OPS seasons... Bruce the same.... One Left Handed one Right Handed. Add Stubbs OB% to CF you'd have your OF for 5+ years... Throw Votto into the mix and you got a great 3 4 5... what would it take to pry him away?

Would a deal involving 2 or 3 of - Maloney, Tatum, Soto, Frazier, Francisico, Viola, Roenicke, Valakia, Dorn, Richar, Ramierez, Smith, Watson, Manuel, Heisley, Cozart be enough?

What would you give up for him?

gilpdawg
06-17-2009, 04:50 AM
Nothing. Guy's a headcase.

xavr1
06-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Doesnt produce in the OF half as well as Jay. Just last night, he misplayed two Yankee fly balls that ended up producing runs.

GIDP
06-17-2009, 11:50 AM
I cant see him ever being healthy enough to really give up stuff for. The blew his knee out last year just trying to catch a ball up against the wall.

TheBigLebowski
06-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Dukes is nuts. No thanks.

cbowen2112
06-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Dukes beats his wife or "baby's mama"

TheBigLebowski
06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Dukes beats his wife or "baby's mama"

And he has several from which to choose.

WILD THING
06-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Dukes = Future Milton Bradley

At least personality and reputation-wise.

WILD THING
06-17-2009, 02:30 PM
When Dukes was traded to the Nationals, the team also hired an ex-police officer in the role of "Special Assistant: Player Concerns". This person accompanies Dukes everywhere to ensure that he keeps himself free of trouble.

That's from his Wikipedia page... I know it's not the Bengals, but could you imagine what would be written/said about Cincinnati sports in general if they were to bring him to the Reds?

bounty37h
06-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I wouldnt trade 5 of dustys used toothpicks for him