PDA

View Full Version : AGon

Old NDN
06-18-2009, 07:05 PM
I realize he has started to "play" a little better, is a pretty good defender, but his offense is atrocious! Granted, I haven't seen/listened to every game and AB, but it seems when I do watch, he constantly swings at low and away breaking balls. He either misses or grounds weakly to 3B or SS. No adjustment from him so far, because it has continued the entire season. If it's that obvious to a fan, I can only imagine what all the scouting reports are saying. Something has to give/change.

keeganbrick
06-18-2009, 07:11 PM
The lineup has been "Bakered"

JoeyGears76
06-18-2009, 07:13 PM
You have to remember that he didn't play for well over a year with the knee injury, so it's going to take some time to get back to where he was. I agree that his offense has been subpar, but I like the defense he brings to the middle infield. I have a feeling the second half of the season will be much better for him, especially if the rest of the lineup can get on a roll.

Captain Hook
06-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm not a huge Gonzo fan but I can live with him getting most of the starts.Janish should get at least 1 a week.The fact that he almost never play is simply poor management.Especially when you consider that Janish has done pretty good when he does get his monthly start and that Gonzo isn't sitting the world on fire.

davereds24
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
not a fan at all, but at least you can make a case for him being in there unlike willy. gonzo did hit a shot today and was robbed of a 2 run double.

Jack Burton
06-19-2009, 11:58 AM
You have to remember that he didn't play for well over a year with the knee injury, so it's going to take some time to get back to where he was.
And where was that? He's never been much on the offensive end.

GIDP
06-19-2009, 12:04 PM

Considering Joeygears is the same guy that said Alex Gonzales has been fairly decent at the plate this year....

JoeyGears76
06-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Considering Joeygears is the same guy that said Alex Gonzales has been fairly decent at the plate this year....

I said he was fairly decent considering he's coming back from over a year off. If you're going to quote someone, don't pick and choose half the quote.

GIDP
06-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I said he was fairly decent considering he's coming back from over a year off. If you're going to quote someone, don't pick and choose half the quote.

Fairly decent no way describes how bad hes been even if he took 10 years off.

JoeyGears76
06-19-2009, 12:25 PM

He should be around .250 BA, around .300 OBP, and around .400 SLG.