PDA

View Full Version : Magglio

Old NDN
06-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Just read on MLB Traderumors that the Tigers have benched him "indefinitely". Is it time to re-visit that possibility? Could he help?

travisgrimes
06-18-2009, 11:02 PM
hell yeah he could help i think its one of those change of sceneries situations where he just needs to leave Detriot... it shouldn't take alot to acquire him as well maybe just 2 mid level prospects.

DTCromer
06-18-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm not interested. This team too many other pressing needs than to make a trade for an aging LF who won't even get us over the hump.

dunner13
06-18-2009, 11:16 PM
We need the offense badly enough that he would be worth it, problem is we dont need his contract

Old NDN
06-19-2009, 04:40 PM
If ther Reds can get some salary relief from Detroit, I would take a chance. We need something to jolt this offense to life.

Ghosts of 1990
06-19-2009, 04:49 PM
I feel kind of like it would be making a move to make a move. I mean, how much better is he now then a darnell mcdonald? Then again, what do I know. I hope that the Reds have had some scouts watching Magglio. I think he also was involved in steroids the more I watch and the longer I take a wait and see approach with him (Canseco alleges that Ordonez was dirty) so I think Magglio will never return to form, but I'd eat paint chips (or trade for anyone) if I thought it could spark this offense. It's a tough call.

TheBigLebowski
06-19-2009, 05:31 PM
His bat has slowed down measurably. Plus, I don't like his perm. No thanks.

nw_ohio_fan
06-21-2009, 02:14 PM
I go to Tiger games often. We DON'T want Magglio. His bat has slowed down. He has slowed down. His focus is gone. He has a horrible agent. (Boras) His contract is huge. It's over 12 million if he get's so many at-bats. That's one reason the Tigers have benched him is a 3 million buy-out. If we were to have his contract we could have gotten better bats this offseason. Plus he had issues back home in Venzuela.

Old NDN
06-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the Reds should pass, then.