PDA

View Full Version : Votto HR His 1st AB At Dayton!

Jones1
06-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Votto HR His 1st AB At Dayton!

Just happpend!

Game is on channel 708 for Dayton Time Warner customers.

Jones1
06-20-2009, 07:21 PM
If he keeps doing well we may see him Tuesday in Toronto!

defender
06-20-2009, 08:12 PM
very nice

zacharync
06-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Excellent. How has he done in his other ab's?

mroby85
06-20-2009, 10:12 PM
2/4 Just struck out looking in the 9th inning on a breaking ball.

bounty37h
06-22-2009, 10:58 AM
I have been away a couple days, so missed whats going on, did he go to FL at all, or straight to Dayton-thought initial plan was to go to Sarasota? Glad to see him bakc playing, and hope he is good and back in Cincy soon.

mroby85
06-22-2009, 11:30 AM
I have been away a couple days, so missed whats going on, did he go to FL at all, or straight to Dayton-thought initial plan was to go to Sarasota? Glad to see him bakc playing, and hope he is good and back in Cincy soon.

I know he played in Sarasota, not sure if it was one game or two. Then I think they moved him to Dayton because Sarasota had an all star break coming up.

bounty37h
06-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks MRoby

Jones1
06-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Looks like we may see Votto in his hometown after all.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog07&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ae57bcc87-152a-4f72-96fb-cc08b1f396efPost%3aeebe10a3-e92a-4082-b121-a97360841108&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

DAYTON, Ohio – The Reds’ offensive woes could ease this week, if Joey Votto has his way. Votto has been on the disabled list since May 29, with what the club termed “stress-related’’ issues. But after a two-game, weekend stint with the Class A Dayton Dragons, the first baseman said Sunday he was ready to return to the big-league club, perhaps as early as Tuesday in Toronto.

“I felt great out there,’’ said Votto. In two games with the Dragons, Votto had three hits, a home run and three RBI. More importantly, Votto said, was being able to play consecutive, nine-inning games without having to leave the game.

“It had been such a struggle, getting through games,’’ he said. “Getting through nine was a top priority.’’

Votto said he would speak with Reds trainer Mark Mann Sunday night, and also with manager Dusty Baker and GM Walt Jocketty. “We’ll have a little conversation and come to a conclusion what I need to do next,’’ said Votto.

“They know what I’ve been going through. They would be able to say, ‘Are you ready to go?’ My answer would be yes.’’

The Reds were 26-20 when Votto went on the disabled list on May 29. They’ve gone 8-14 since. Despite missing the last 22 games, Votto still ranks third on the club in homers and RBI.

LouisvilleCARDS
06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
"Despite missing the last 22 games, Votto still ranks third on the club in homers and RBI. "

That's just as bad an indictment on how horrible our offense, as how good of a player he is.

Jones1
06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
http://www.wlwt.com/sports/19826592/detail.html

INCINNATI -- First baseman Joey Votto flew on the Reds' team charter flight Monday afternoon to Toronto.
The Reds have not announced Votto's return to the roster, but the Toronto-area native declared himself fit to play major league baseball Sunday after a minor league rehabilitation game.
The Reds open a three-game interleague series Tuesday night against the Blue Jays.
After playing two games over the weekend with the Class-A Dayton Dragons, Votto said he would talk about his situation with Reds management.
At that time he said the Reds would decide if he would rejoin the club or continue a rehab assignment in the minor leagues.

WDTN-TV
Votto drove in a run with a single on Sunday, and scored from second base on a double. Saturday night he had a single, a two-run homer, and stole a base.
But more importantly to Votto, he made it through the full nine innings in both games.
He went on the disabled list May 30 with what the Reds called stress-related issues.

Captain Hook
06-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Saw someone post that EE was 1-3 1BB 1HR 3RBI in his first game.When the last time our 3B gad a game like that?

Lets get healthy and make a run.:beerme: