PDA

View Full Version : 7th Inning Stretch should have "Take me out to the ballgame" and that's it IMO

Blitz Dorsey
06-21-2009, 03:09 PM
They used to play just "Take me out to the ballgame" during the 7th inning of MLB games and it was great. Now, they always play "God Bless America," while Take me out to the ballgame has taken a complete backseat.

If people like the tune God Bless America, well bless their hearts. But the 7th inning stretch of Major League Baseball games should feature Take me out to the ballgame and that's it in my humble opinion.

fearofpopvol1
06-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Are you not proud of your country?

PuffyPig
06-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I believe the Reds only play "God Bless America" on Sunday, with "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" every other day.

dougdirt
06-21-2009, 03:20 PM
I believe the Reds only play "God Bless America" on Sunday, with "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" every other day.

That is correct.

vaticanplum
06-21-2009, 03:25 PM
They sing it every game at Yankee Stadium. I am not a fan, mostly because I have just never liked the song from a musical standpoint. And it genuinely bothers me that people stand and put their hands over their heart for it. You're only supposed to do that for the national anthem; it belittles the gesture if people start blindly applying it to other songs.

fearofpopvol1
06-21-2009, 03:38 PM
They sing it every game at Yankee Stadium. I am not a fan, mostly because I have just never liked the song from a musical standpoint. And it genuinely bothers me that people stand and put their hands over their heart for it. You're only supposed to do that for the national anthem; it belittles the gesture if people start blindly applying it to other songs.

Yeah, how dare people show some emotion and choose to be patriotic during a different song about our country.

vaticanplum
06-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, how dare people show some emotion and choose to be patriotic during a different song about our country.

Yep, that's exactly what I meant.

KronoRed
06-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Are you not proud of your country?

What does one have to do with the other?

camisadelgolf
06-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't go to Reds games to be patriotic. I go because I like baseball. I don't want to hear "God Bless America" during games, personally, but that doesn't necessarily mean I have a problem with people being patriotic. If I say that I don't want to hear any biblical psalms during the game, does that mean I'm anti-religion? There's a place for all that stuff, and I'd prefer it if a Reds game weren't one of them.

Tony Cloninger
06-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Do you think they are over doing it? I think it can be overdone but in New York...after 9/11...it seems like something that is not going to stop. Not for a long while.

Not more or less patriotic than anyone else....but you have some with the love it or leave it attitude that make you feel Un-American if you do not like it.

BCubb2003
06-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I demand the fans be made to sing ALL of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" ...

Caveat Emperor
06-21-2009, 04:48 PM
If you want to discuss patriotism (or lack thereof), I suggest you move it over to the Peanut Gallery.