PDA

View Full Version : Reds need a big bat now if they want to win

fewfirstchoice
06-24-2009, 12:03 AM
If the Reds brass want to win this year they need a big bat now not later. If they dont go ahead and get that bat soon they will be 10 games out by the trade deadline. So Id either go ahead and make a deal for that bat or trade all my big money guys. Id deal Harang, Arroyo, and Cordero. I like all 3 of these guys but I believe they all would bring back good young talent to the Reds. I would also soo what I could get for Hernandez, Hairston Jr., Weathers, and Rhodes. These guys should bring back somthing decent in return. Id also say try and trade Taveras, Gonzo, and Lincoln but that is a lost cause. At least Gonzos money comes off the books next year. But guess what these Reds owe Lincoln and Taveras 6 million dollars next year. Now could you come up with something better to spend 6 mil. on than that? I could. I knew both these 2 contracts were going to come back and bite Walt int he rear as soon as they were signed. These 2 signings have to be 2 of the worst signings of last winter.

LouisvilleCARDS
06-24-2009, 01:11 AM
I would trade one of Harang and Arroyo, and Cordero. I don't disagree with that, I've been rallying to deal Cordero for a while now, although someone responded that he has a "No trade" clause.

Shawn_RedsFan
06-24-2009, 01:17 AM
I would trade one of Harang and Arroyo, and Cordero. I don't disagree with that, I've been rallying to deal Cordero for a while now, although someone responded that he has a "No trade" clause.

yea i read he has a full "no trade" clause this year but it is limited for next year.

I agree with trading Harang/Arroyo but I'm still going to disagree with trading Cordero because we shouldn't be messing with something that isn't broken.