PDA

View Full Version : Reds under .500 for the first time since April 12

LouisvilleCARDS
06-24-2009, 01:07 AM
When is a move going to made? We need something. NOW. Before the wheels completely fall off. At this pace if STL keeps playing hot baseball, by this time next week, we could be 7, 8 games out of first and then that will be all she wrote.

And if you're keeping count at home, Taveras is 4 of 54 for the month, a cool .074 BA.

corwinator3407
06-24-2009, 01:14 AM
My moves? Here they are.

1. I really like Rosales. He is a nice guy and hustles non stop. But he is not ready to be here. Hairston needs to start at 3B every game until EE is back, with Janish at SS.
2. Dickerson should start in CF until further notice.
3. When Homer comes up Saturday, if he pitches well, move Owings to long reliever and possibly move him back, or go from there if they trade Arroyo.

Sorry if you don't agree, but these are my opinions.

Slyder
06-24-2009, 03:12 AM
Who would you have catching for Homer on Saturday? I bring this up because his last start Ramon was behind the plate and they couldnt seem to get on the same page with the pitch selection, Homer has worked more with Hanigan at AAA so there might be a bit more trust there I would think.

Thats why I ask, I personally would put Hanigan behind the plate regardless for Homer, if he is going to be up here a while (IE 10-15 starts) then have him work with both catchers (if possible) between starts so that you can put Ramon behind the plate (if you feel he gives you the best option to win) and have Homer be comfortable. If its going to be just another 1-5 start time then back to Louisville then he should work with Hanigan only just for the comfort level.

mroby85
06-24-2009, 04:59 AM
Under .500... Welcome back old friend :rolleyes:

will5979
06-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Its sad. I'm at the point of the year right now where I don't even care what the Reds did the night before, so obviously I have quit watching and now waiting for college football to begin. :rolleyes:

When are these owners going to realize that in order to compete in MLB you HAVE TO SPEND MONEY.

xavr1
06-24-2009, 08:35 AM
If Walt really thinks this lineup as it stands now is going to win games consistently, he is nowhere near as savvy as I thought.

Kingspoint
06-24-2009, 08:34 PM
1st Move, Tuesday, June 23rd.....Votto returns to lineup.

2nd Move, Saturday, June 27th.....Bailey returns to lineup, new and improved.

3rd Move, Tuesday, June 30th......EE returns to lineup.

Captain Hook
06-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Who would you have catching for Homer on Saturday? I bring this up because his last start Ramon was behind the plate and they couldnt seem to get on the same page with the pitch selection, Homer has worked more with Hanigan at AAA so there might be a bit more trust there I would think.

Thats why I ask, I personally would put Hanigan behind the plate regardless for Homer, if he is going to be up here a while (IE 10-15 starts) then have him work with both catchers (if possible) between starts so that you can put Ramon behind the plate (if you feel he gives you the best option to win) and have Homer be comfortable. If its going to be just another 1-5 start time then back to Louisville then he should work with Hanigan only just for the comfort level.

I like any excuse to play Hanigan.:beerme:

Lockdwn11
06-26-2009, 01:34 PM
1st Move, Tuesday, June 23rd.....Votto returns to lineup.

2nd Move, Saturday, June 27th.....Bailey returns to lineup, new and improved.

3rd Move, Tuesday, June 30th......EE returns to lineup.

That is pretty much what I have been saying in all these "The sky is falling threads" Lets wait untill we get Votto and EE back two pretty big pieces on offense before we throw in the towel. Jay Bruce is a better hitter than he has shown to this point in the season so let give these guys a month after they are back together and see where we are at before we mark it down as a lost season I mean we are only what 3 1/2 games out?

Fon Duc Tow
06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
When are these owners going to realize that in order to compete in MLB you HAVE TO SPEND MONEY.

Only when they stop making a tidy profit off of a half-season of fan optimism.