PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals trying to make moves

GIDP
06-27-2009, 02:37 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/1E3B3C89EA6C7E42862575E2000C428E?OpenDocument

Increasingly impatient with their halting outfield production, the Cardinals are redoubling efforts to acquire Oakland A's left fielder Matt Holliday, according to club and other sources. Reluctant to commit a multi-player package to the Colorado Rockies for Holliday last November, the Cardinals are now open to sending a similar package to Oakland for the 2007 National League batting champion.

Such a package would probably include right fielder Ryan Ludwick and either reliever Jason Motte, Chris Perez or Kyle McClellan, plus a prospect.

I certainly would have traded Ludwick if I was the Cards last offseason simply because the guy was at an all time high, but I dont think they will have enough to bring in Holliday with Ludwick and those names mentioned now. Especially with Ludwicks injury history.

Thoughts?

Fon Duc Tow
06-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Now is getting to be the time of year when the Cardinals do this sort of thing. You know... beefing up the roster, preparing to make a run.

We know this, because this is also the time of year when the Reds don't.

WILD THING
06-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I have a feeling what we do in the next couple of series will decide what we go out and get. If we get back within a game or two and are over .500 we may approach teams more aggressively.

BluegrassRedleg
06-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Scott Rolen all over again.

The Reds will get some journeyman after it's too late.