PDA

View Full Version : Dodger reliever Ronald Belisario has been booked on suspicion of DUI

robmadden1
06-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Ronald Belisario arrested on suspicion of DUI

Dodger reliever Ronald Belisario has been booked on suspicion of driving under the influence, the California Highway Patrol has independently confirmed to Ben Bolch and Kevin Baxter of The Times.
... (Belisario) was taken to the Pasadena Police Department and later released on unspecified bail. He reported to Dodger Stadium as usual Saturday afternoon.

Officers stopped Belisario at 2:27 a.m. on Fair Oaks Avenue south of Colorado Boulevard after observing him talking on his cellphone, according to CHP officer Francisco Villalobos. Officers then observed symptoms of possible alcohol intoxication and placed Belisario under arrest.

Belisario said he was coming home from dinner when he was pulled over and dismissed the incident as "nothing."

"I was driving to my apartment, talking on the telephone and they stopped me," Belisario said in Spanish. "Then they gave me the alcohol test and it was normal. They gave me a paper, said everything was normal. . . . Everything's fine."

Belisario did not specify what kind of sobriety test was administered and Villalobos said he did not have that information. General Manager Ned Colletti said he was unaware of the arrest.

I'm not sure if "normal" means the same to Belisario as it does to me, but we'll see. More to come ...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgerthoughts/2009/06/ronald-belisario-arrested-on-suspected-dui.html

NastyBoy
06-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Sounds like a bull**** traffic stop. Always ask if you are under arrest. Always ask to go to hospital for a blood test, that is if they ask you exit vehicle for a "sobriety test".

Boston Red
06-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Sounds like a bull**** traffic stop.

If LA or California has a law/ordinance against talking on the cell while driving then it's a perfectly fine traffic stop. I have no idea if either does.

DTCromer
06-28-2009, 05:47 PM
This kid had some nasty stuff seeing him pitch on a Saturday afternoon against the Cubs a while back. Good looking young kid if you ask me.