PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals just got Derosa..

mroby85
06-27-2009, 11:54 PM
On FSN Postgame, Derosa for Perez and someone else.

Jefferson24
06-27-2009, 11:56 PM
DeRosa to St. Louis. Just heard on WLW.

MESSMVP
06-28-2009, 12:06 AM
The best thing about this trade is that Matt Holliday hopefully won't be going to St. Louis because one of the players Oakland was looking at was the relief pitcher Perez who was included in the trade for DeRosa.

Jefferson24
06-28-2009, 12:33 AM
DeRosa is one thing, DeRosa and Holliday is another. Just DeRosa I think they are a bit better, but add Holliday and I think they easily win the division.

xavr1
06-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Cards pull the trigger. We sit and wait for EE to get healthy. Anyone know what they gave up?

Jefferson24
06-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Word is Perez

Plus Plus
06-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Perez + PTBNL. See: ORG.

travisgrimes
06-28-2009, 01:32 AM
i think now that we know the asking price for Holliday we need to make our offer look better and go get him... maybe something like: Drew Stubbs, Josh Roenicke, and Todd Frazier for Holliday and with the season he is having so far he wont get the 20 mil he wanted and I think the Reds would be willing to pay 15-17 mil a season for 4-5 years for him...

Plus Plus
06-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Scott Boras thinks otherwise. So do major market teams that will see that the Reds will pay 15mil and they will add a year and up the price to 18-20mil/year. This isn't even worth discussing. Beane will demand a king's ransom for Holliday this season, and Boras will demand more in the offseason.

Also, I am not sure that Holliday is the missing piece to competing for the Reds this year. There are far more problems than only obtaining a LF MOO bat. Sadly, unless the Reds can trade WT or Dusty, there is no chance of those being fixed.

urdun
06-28-2009, 05:06 AM
Ah, fiddlesticks. Hate to see rivals improve whatsoever.

TheBigLebowski
06-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Please, folks...give up any and all hope of acquiring Holliday. It ain't gonna happen.

steig
06-28-2009, 10:59 AM
While I don't like opponents in the division getting better, I would have been more disappointed if the Reds traded for Derosa. The same goes for Holiday for me. I don't think this is a playoff team, even if we do add a bat. I would rather not trade the future away at this point.

texasdave
06-28-2009, 12:51 PM
It ain't easy being Red. Or a Red's fan for that matter. What, exactly, is Jocketty waiting for?

WILD THING
06-28-2009, 12:57 PM
It ain't easy being Red. Or a Red's fan for that matter. What, exactly, is Jocketty waiting for?

My guess is he's waiting on the result of the next series or two. I just hope it's not too late and anyone we're interested in is already dealt.

Griffey012
06-28-2009, 01:10 PM
i think now that we know the asking price for Holliday we need to make our offer look better and go get him... maybe something like: Drew Stubbs, Josh Roenicke, and Todd Frazier for Holliday and with the season he is having so far he wont get the 20 mil he wanted and I think the Reds would be willing to pay 15-17 mil a season for 4-5 years for him...

NO! That kind of contract is what we do not need to throw out to people.
let Frazier play LF for cheap and we can spend that kinda money on SS and maybe 3B. We at least have some prospects to play left unlike SS

Jack Burton
06-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Excellent pick up for the Cards. Cubbie fans can't be too happy, and that's always a good thing.

Fon Duc Tow
06-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Same as it ever was.

bleedsred
06-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Getting Votto back along with Edwin is almost like making a tade esp. with Gonzo out. Now if Baker would just put CDickerson in for Taveras and play Janish at short while giving Hanigan time behind the plate this offense could take off.

Ghosts of 1990
06-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh well. DeRosa is a nice hitter who will help them but he's hardly going to push them into the playoffs. The Cardinals are better then us but they've got their problems as well. If only we could get one big RH bat (DeRosa isn't 'big' in my opinion) we could catapault past St. Louis.

Captain Hook
06-28-2009, 06:47 PM
I wasn't crazy about the Reds getting DeRosa but if I would've know we could have him for a reliever and ptnl I would have jumped at that.DeRosa is at least average where ever he plays and would have been a nice piece of the puzzle.Most of us agree the Reds need more help then just one guy and it would have been a nice start.

While this move doesn't put the Cards over the top it is for them like it would have been for the Reds a nice start.Now if the Cards end up getting Holliday they will probably win the Central.If we do nothing we're probably looking at 3rd or 4th place.So is there anything new going on in the NL Central this year?

LouisvilleCARDS
06-28-2009, 07:00 PM
We're not getting Holliday. Repeat it with me: We're not getting him. I wish these fantasy land trade scenarios would die. He's not coming to Cincinnati, the Reds haven't made a major trade for an All Star since Ken Griffey Jr in 2000. We're not a player for these types of deals.

BEETTLEBUG
06-28-2009, 09:05 PM
I read over on ORD that Marty said Indians GM said that Derosa deal was between Cards deal and Reds deal he took Cards deal wonder what Reds deal was?

GIDP
06-28-2009, 10:27 PM
DeRosa isnt going to improve this team that much if Edwin comes back and even performs at his career norms.

bounty37h
06-29-2009, 12:17 PM
While I don't like opponents in the division getting better, I would have been more disappointed if the Reds traded for Derosa. The same goes for Holiday for me. I don't think this is a playoff team, even if we do add a bat. I would rather not trade the future away at this point.

I think this is a playoff team, in this division, which is why we need to make sure we do anything we can within reason for thsi season. There simply is no great team in our division, we might get skunked in the playoffs themselves, but we can most certainly make them!!!

Hondo
06-29-2009, 06:46 PM

I hope the Reds NEVER invest 15-17 Million in Holliday.

Would rather them trade for Peavy and take on his contract.