PDA

View Full Version : Who misses the National TV appearances?

Ghosts of 1990
06-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm sitting here watching Mets/Yankees on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball (I remember our last sunday night baseball appearance in 2003 with Dave Miley at the helm against the Giants).......

...I was also thinking about back when the Indians (with us playing in Cleveland this weekend) were mighty and when we'd get the FOX National game of the week on Saturday afternoon. I really miss being in the spotlight every now and then being the feature game on saturdays.....

Does anyone else really miss this or am I in the minoricinnati and like it or not we are aas we are Cincinnati and like it or not we are a baseball mecca. We deserve better then this as far as National TV appearances go.

Maldez
06-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Face it. Until the Reds 20-year rebuilding project is complete, we're just not going to make it as any national game of the week. We're going to get the same steady diet of Yankees / Red Sox or Cubs / Phillies we've had rammed down our throats since the beginning of time.

Doesn't bother me that much because with MLB Extra Innings you can get pretty much every Reds game you want.

corwinator3407
06-28-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm also watching this New York game, as I do every Sunday Night Baseball game. I would love to see the Reds on here. I know it wouldn't get much viewing, but I'd watch any Sunday Night game with Steve Phillips and Joe Morgan broadcasting. I'd like them to do a game from every ballpark throughout the year.

BluegrassRedleg
06-28-2009, 11:16 PM
You gotta have some star appeal to be on those broadcasts, too. It's been a long time since the Reds had an exciting, young star with national attention. Joey Votto and Johnny Cueto are good, but let's face it, the nation at large couldn't pick them out of a police lineup.

bounty37h
06-29-2009, 12:14 PM
I think they should be required to skip around and make sure to spread coverage of teams out, at least once a season for everyone, like the idea of doign a game from every stadium each year, can show and highlight the town each time during the broadcast as well...

Chip R
06-29-2009, 12:18 PM
They have been on MLB Network a couple of times.

Moosie52
06-29-2009, 03:59 PM
A Fox Saturday game would be nice, but I'd just as soon see the FSN broadcasts.

BurgervilleBuck
06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Actually, I miss the old channel 5 broadcasts more than national coverage.

With ESPN, you're assured of getting someone who doesn't know squat about the team and would probably more on the opposing team.