PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Effort for "Welcome Back Votto Night"

Reds Freak
06-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Haven't seen this posted. Someone emailed Lance the info and he posted it on his blog...

Joey Votto is back.
He re-joined the Reds last week in Toronto but the June 30 game against the Diamondbacks at Great American Ball Park marks the first time Votto will have played in Cincinnati since his much-chronicled bout with stress and anxiety. Local fans who have enjoyed watching Votto's play these past few years are encouraged to attend, as a community-wide show of support for the team's first baseman.
Interested Reds fans are asked to do four simple things:
1) Get their tickets for the game.
2) Spread the word to ensure a good crowd. Tweet, share, comment and in all other social media ways get the word out.
3) Arrive early enough to cheer on #19 during player introductions.
And (4) pick up plenty of All Star ballots and vote for Votto, Brandon Phillips and the other deserving Reds players.
For more information on the game and about the ballpark, visit the official Cincinnati Reds web site at www.reds.com. Note that this initiative is in no way affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds organization. It is strictly a grassroots effort by a few Reds fans to spread the word to other Reds fans.

I(heart)Freel
06-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Wondered if my work would make its way on to here.

Nice.

Although I did screw up item #4. I'm told the paper ballots for the AS game are no longer at ballparks. All on line now.

Thanks for posting Freak.

HeatherC1212
06-30-2009, 10:13 AM
We're going to the game on Saturday but I'm not able to go to the game tonight. I wish I could go though because you know I'd be cheering my heart out for Joey! :)

dsmith421
06-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I park at GABP and there were several hundred people waiting outside this morning just before 9AM at the ticket windows.

HotCorner
06-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I park at GABP and there were several hundred people waiting outside this morning just before 9AM at the ticket windows.

WLW was offering $1 tickets through a special promotion this morning. I'm looking for the exact details.

I(heart)Freel
06-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Yea... $1 tickets for the first 700 people who say, Mike McConnell for Earth Czar.

Was guessing there might be a turn out for that.

We'll see if we can get some walk ups for tonight. Methinks I should walk over at lunch and get them to be safe.

camisadelgolf
06-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Although I did screw up item #4. I'm told the paper ballots for the AS game are no longer at ballparks. All on line now.
There have been paper ballots at all the games I've been to this year.

smith288
06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
There have been paper ballots at all the games I've been to this year.
Maybe the deadline for paper ballots are over but only online from here on out until the tally?

camisadelgolf
06-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Maybe the deadline for paper ballots are over but only online from here on out until the tally?
That's possible. I haven't been to a game the past couple weeks.