Twins are looking for relief help per MLBTradeRumors.com

Reds trade Carlos Fisher and Sean Henry to the Twins for Delmon Young

Thoughts?

Benihana
07-01-2009, 01:14 PM

Thoughts?

In a second. I'd send them any reliever on the roster for Delmon Young.

Falls City Beer
07-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Burton for Young is about as far as I'd go. Kind of underwhelmed by his supposed athleticism. But he's worth a flyer.

flyer85
07-01-2009, 01:30 PM

Thoughts?The Twins have a lot invested in Young, I doubt they will give up on him yet.

Personally I think the Reds have better prospects than Young. His lack of plate discipline and power is disturbing.

bucksfan2
07-01-2009, 01:33 PM
The Twins have a lot invested in Young, I doubt they will give up on him yet.

Personally I think the Reds have better prospects than Young. His lack of plate discipline and power is disturbing.

I thought the Twins were trying to unload him this off season. I think the Twins think he is more headache than he is worth.

flyer85
07-01-2009, 01:38 PM
I thought the Twins were trying to unload him this off season. I think the Twins think he is more headache than he is worth.doesn't mean there are going to give him away, he is not expensive. They gave up a lot to get him (Garza, Bartlett).

Personally I don't think Young is ever going to be very good(he has a 599 OPS this season). People complain about Willy T(rightfully so) and his similar numbers in CF. Can you imagine a LF with 2 HRs and 5 BBs to this point in the season?

joshnky
07-01-2009, 01:38 PM
I thought the Twins were trying to unload him this off season. I think the Twins think he is more headache than he is worth.

And he won't be for us?

flyer85
07-01-2009, 01:39 PM
And he won't be for us?everyone is magically transformed by Cincinnati and GABP. :D

Might as well bring in Bradley and Dukes for the trifecta.

jojo
07-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Trading Young for a bullpen arm would be the ultimate mea culpa..

jojo
07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
everyone is magically transformed by Cincinnati and GABP. :D

Might as well bring in Bradley and Dukes for the trifecta.

Since Bavasi has joined the Reds FO, team chemistry has been dramatically something or other...

bucksfan2
07-01-2009, 01:46 PM
And he won't be for us?

Ramon Hernandez was thought to be troublesome in the O's locker room.

flyer85
07-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Trading Young for a bullpen arm would be the ultimate mea culpawhich most GMs won't do until way past the point to reason. That goes for even little mistakes(like Willy T), much less big ones like Delmon Young.

REDREAD
07-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Trading Young for a bullpen arm would be the ultimate mea culpa..

The Twins seem to be a very pragmatic organization though. They seem to be willing to make moves unemotionally. If they can get some bullpen depth that they value for Young, I think they'd be willing to do it. I doubt they are that worried about looking bad. They already look bad. Trading "Delmon the troublemaker" for a couple young bullpen arms could actually be spun as a good thing which erases their mistakes.

Young, reliable bullpen arms have a lot of value. There's been a few trades where a decent everyday player is traded for a bullpen arm. Not necessarily the norm, but it happens.

jojo
07-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Young bullpens just aren't that valuable though.

Benihana
07-01-2009, 03:02 PM
There's been a few trades where a decent everyday player is traded for a bullpen arm. Not necessarily the norm, but it happens.

I can think of one in particular. :evil:

flyer85
07-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Young bullpens just aren't that valuable though.unless they are Bray and d'Artagnan :p:

corkedbat
07-01-2009, 03:08 PM
At least Stubbs can take a walk and play stellar D. Offer'em Lincoln and forget it.

Chip R
07-01-2009, 03:13 PM
At least Stubbs can take a walk and play stellar D. Offer'em Lincoln and forget it.

Lincoln's just what a team is looking for. On the DL and a gas can when healthy. Why not ask for Mauer as a throw in?

Mario-Rijo
07-01-2009, 03:24 PM
The guy will never hit HR's as long as he keeps pounding the ball into the ground. Almost twice as many GB's as he has FB's and LD's combined. He's a built in DP machine, who stinks on defense and has one poor attitude. Little upside (without a change in attitude and approach) horrible downside as a singles hitting non-defender.

alexad
07-01-2009, 04:21 PM
I would take Young in a heartbeat. It is hard to believe we have an awesome rotation and not hitters. It was not too long ago we had Griffey, Dunn, Hamilton and Kearns who could all hit. Imagine what we would have right now if we still had them? No Volquez and no Massett, but Volq is hurt right now anyway and so it Hamilton.