PDA

View Full Version : Encarnacion off DL, Richar on

Rockermann
07-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Per CTrent twitter...

More details:
Richar to DL with torn labrum in his left shoulder. Encarnacion reinstated from DL

WILD THING
07-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Lets hope Edwin can provide some support for Votto.

OesterPoster
07-03-2009, 02:32 PM
That had to happen on his head first dive into the catcher's shin guard the other night. I immediately thought Richar blew out his shoulder on that slide.

Amazing, two reserve guys (Castillo and Richar) with similar skill sets both tear up their shoulders on head first slides within about 2 weeks of one another.

OldRed1966
07-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Who wants to bet that Dusy won't have Encarnacion in the lineup tonight? I can see his quote now.

I don't want to rush him back. We'll let him get his feet wet by pinch hitting for a couple of days if we need him." :rolleyes:

WILD THING
07-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't want to rush him back. We'll let him get his feet wet by pinch hitting for a couple of days if we need him." :rolleyes:

There will probably be a few "dudes" thrown in there along the way too.

GIDP
07-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Who wants to bet that Dusy won't have Encarnacion in the lineup tonight? I can see his quote now.

ha, if only it wasnt true.

davereds24
07-03-2009, 03:02 PM
i think you guys forgot how much dusty loves EE. He will be in there every day.

BluegrassRedleg
07-03-2009, 03:07 PM
EE seems to get better as the year goes on and the weather gets hot, so hopefully this timing will be good for him.

TheBigLebowski
07-03-2009, 03:46 PM
That is AWESOME news, dude.

NeilHamburger
07-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Hopefully this is the EE from last year, not the one from april 09

Rockermann
07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Looks like Eddie is not in the lineup tonight. Probably available to pinch hit. Hopefully starting tomorrow.

bgwilly31
07-03-2009, 04:12 PM
So what happens to the all Hail EE guys if EE performs poorly for the rest of the year and ends up with a .223 batting avg.

Jones1
07-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Lineups been posted and you were right on the money, looks like Dusty would rather have the better defense out there. This just kills me, we need his bat in the worst way right now and Dudepick keeps him out of the lineup. WTF!

Pineiro is a groundball pitcher coming off some very good outings, Id much rather have EE in the lineup than Janish, defense be damned. This is a moronic move on Dusty's part. What an idiot!

Tonight's lineup
Posted by TomGroeschen at 7/3/2009 4:16 PM EDT
Dickerson lf
Taveras cf
Votto 1b
Phillips 2b
Bruce rf
Hernandez c
Hairston 3b
Janish ss
Bailey p

Encarnacion, activated today from the DL, might play Saturday.
"I've got to see him a day or so first," manager Dusty Baker said. "I might play him tomorrow. We'll see."

Encarnacion: "I'm happy to be back. I feel 100 percent ready to help the team win games. I feel I can a lot for my team to help win the division."

GIDP
07-03-2009, 04:38 PM
ROFL OldRed nailed it.

So terrible.

jfar23
07-03-2009, 04:39 PM
So what happens to the all Hail EE guys if EE performs poorly for the rest of the year and ends up with a .223 batting avg.
They'll probably say EE sure sucked last year with his .223 batting average.

OldRed1966
07-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Dusty is so predictable, and pathetic.. Just exactly what does he have to see him do for a day or so? He saw him all of last year, and I'm sure he read the reports from Louisville. Just put him in, and see what he can do. Gosh he drives me crazy.

GIDP
07-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Since when does Dusty watch guys anyways. Its hard to suggest he can judge someone when he ignores terrible players day in and day out.

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 05:14 PM

Don't forget, "I haven't seen him, yet".

Old NDN
07-03-2009, 05:19 PM

.........and "big times" too.

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Odds of that happening are equal to the odds of Baker getting fired or the odds of bgwilly31 getting a date with a centerfold.

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Lineups been posted and you were right on the money, looks like Dusty would rather have the better defense out there. This just kills me, we need his bat in the worst way right now and Dudepick keeps him out of the lineup. WTF!

Pineiro is a groundball pitcher coming off some very good outings, Id much rather have EE in the lineup than Janish, defense be damned. This is a moronic move on Dusty's part. What an idiot!

Tonight's lineup
Posted by TomGroeschen at 7/3/2009 4:16 PM EDT
Dickerson lf
Taveras cf
Votto 1b
Phillips 2b
Bruce rf
Hernandez c
Hairston 3b
Janish ss
Bailey p

"I've got to see him a day or so first," manager Dusty Baker said. "I might play him tomorrow. We'll see."

Encarnacion: "I'm happy to be back. I feel 100 percent ready to help the team win games. I feel I can a lot for my team to help win the division."

Better Defense? He has the worst Defense with Hairston at 3rd Base.

Where's that, "Fire Dusty" thread? It needs to get bumped.

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 05:24 PM
i think you guys forgot how much dusty loves EE. He will be in there every day.

If you mean by "EE", Early Exits, then, yes. Dusty loves EE, because the less offense out there means he gets off the field quicker.

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Hopefully this is the EE from last year, not the one from april 09

EE from any of the last 3 years is much, much better than Hairston.

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Don't forget, "I haven't seen him, yet".

I just read that this is exactly what Dusty said.

This is so sad.

So, Dusty, the entire scouting department of the REDS and all of the other coaches and player personnel of the REDS are just a bunch of idiots? The only person who has any idea about anything is you? What a clown!

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Since when does Dusty watch guys anyways. Its hard to suggest he can judge someone when he ignores terrible players day in and day out.

This is beyond ridiculous, and Walt should give the owner an utimatum: "Either you let me fire Dusty Baker and hire the guy I think can get the job done, or let go of me. I didn't come here to set up a team only to see the Manager screw everything up, and then have zero power to jettison his butt out of town."

So, what is it Castellini? Do you want to win or don't you? Or, do you just like being some big fish in a little pond. Your team sucks right now from your decision to hire Baker. How proud are you of that?

CesarGeronimo
07-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Why do you guys have to be so down on Dusty every day? Sure Hairston is bad defensively at third, but check out these offensive stats over the past 28 days: .289 OBP/.250 SLG/.539 OPS. During that span of 80 at bats, he has two doubles, zero triples and zero home runs. It leaves him at .302/.385/.687 for the season. If the Reds take that kind of production out of the lineup and replace it with an Edwin Encarnacion, there's no way they continue their current level of offensive performance.

Shawn_RedsFan
07-03-2009, 05:41 PM
It seems like every single thread we have here turns into bashing on dusty.

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Why do you guys have to be so down on Dusty every day?

It's the only thing that matters right now, and the #1 reason the REDS are being prevented from doing better.

Anything else, and you may as well be talking about the weather.

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 05:58 PM
It seems like every single thread we have here turns into bashing on dusty.

It seems that way recently because recently Baker's decisions have turned into the obvious topic of the day.

You want to talk about the weather? Go ahead.

I'd rather talk about what's the #1 thing effecting the REDS ability to win games.

EE sits.

Hanigan sits.

Taveras plays.

Hairston plays.

Nix is sitting instead of Taveras sitting.

Dickerson lf
Taveras cf
Votto 1b
Phillips 2b
Bruce rf
Hernandez c
Hairston 3b
Janish ss
Bailey p

Or, I guess you can just talk about the weather.

I'm on the REDS forum because I want to talk about what makes the REDS win or lose.

texasdave
07-03-2009, 05:58 PM
From Tom Groeschen:

Dusty's main drawback is that he always has to give the impression that he is smarter than everyone else. He has to see Edwin play a couple of days for what reason? If Edwin's bat isn't ready is it going to get ready sitting on the bench? I don't think so. If Edwin's glove is not ready so what? His glove hasn't been ready since the day he got here. If they brought him up they should play him. Shouldn't Dusty be able to pick up the phone and ask Bats' manager Rick Sweet if Edwin is ready? Oh yeah, this is Dusty we are talking about. No one will be able to divine the exact moment Encarnacion is ready to play as accurately as the toothpicked one. What a joke. He has watched Taveras play for the past month and a half and hasn't been able to come to the simple determination that Taveras should not be leading off. I do see where Dusty dropped him all the way down to the two hole. Baby steps, people, baby steps.

CesarGeronimo
07-03-2009, 06:03 PM
I was only kidding, Kingspoint. When a team is hitting as badly as the Reds and gets a guy back from injury who's historically been one of its best hitters, then the manager decides not to start him, there's surely going to be criticism. There's a group of people on here (a shrinking group, I think) who question why there are so many threads criticizing Dusty, but it seems like almost every day he makes a lineup decision, an in-game move or a public comment that leaves many fans wondering why in the world he does these things.

Shawn_RedsFan
07-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I was only kidding, Kingspoint. When a team is hitting as badly as the Reds and gets a guy back from injury who's historically been one of its best hitters, then the manager decides not to start him, there's surely going to be criticism. There's a group of people on here (a shrinking group, I think) who question why there are so many threads criticizing Dusty, but it seems like almost every day he makes a lineup decision, an in-game move or a public comment that leaves many fans shaking their heads.

I agree with this entirely BUT what i was trying to get across with my comment is i don't want to read about the same thing in every thread was all i was trying to say.

I click on the thread talking about the reds being sold out tonight and somehow miraculously we get back to Dusty...

Kingspoint
07-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I was only kidding, Kingspoint. When a team is hitting as badly as the Reds and gets a guy back from injury who's historically been one of its best hitters, then the manager decides not to start him, there's surely going to be criticism. There's a group of people on here (a shrinking group, I think) who question why there are so many threads criticizing Dusty, but it seems like almost every day he makes a lineup decision, an in-game move or a public comment that leaves many fans shaking their heads.

I've posted a million times that I think the 1st two months of the season should not be questioned by what a Manager does. He needs to get all the players playing time regardless of slumps or anything. But, once June hits, he needs to start playing the best players.

It's now July, and we see who Dusty thinks the best players are, and that's why I'm very upset.

CesarGeronimo
07-03-2009, 06:10 PM
I agree with this entirely BUT what i was trying to get across with my comment is i don't want to read about the same thing in every thread was all i was trying to say.

I click on the thread talking about the reds being sold out tonight and somehow miraculously we get back to Dusty...

That's a fair point. I'll try to avoid contributing to making every thread about Dusty. But the thing is if there's a thread about Encarnacion returning and Dusty starts him, then the thread hopefully doesn't turn into a discussion about Dusty. But when Encarnacion returns and Dusty doesn't start him, it's pretty inevitable, and reasonable I think, that people are going talk about that.

Plus Plus
07-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Especially when Dusty tries to rationalize not starting the obvious much better option at 3b...