PDA

View Full Version : Ok here it goes....

travisgrimes
07-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Until now I have given Dusty Baker a pass on all his ridiculously stupid decisions but now it's cost us a HUGE win. You bring in David Weathers to face Albert Pujols, yeah real smart considering Albert was 9-18 against Weathers!!!! Then you tie the game in the bottom of the eighth and after Herrera gives up three hits you leave him in to face a right handed batter? Why not bring in Cordero or Roenicke or Masset to shut down the rally? One last thing... you activate Edwin Encarnacion for what reason? To sit him on the bench and let the big time slugger Paul Janish stay in the lineup? Unless Walt makes a huge trade or hell freezes over Dusty needs to be let go after this season is over.

big boy
07-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Baker seems reluctant to go to Cordero unless there is save to be had. I agree that he would have been a good choice.

travisgrimes
07-04-2009, 01:02 AM
certainly anyone would have been a better choice at that point in the game

BluegrassRedleg
07-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Masset pitched before DRH. He was forced out due to a line drive off his arm.

And in DRH and (to some extent) Dusty's defense, DRH did his job. Not really his fault that Janish can't come up with that ball. It was not routine, but it was not a play that should be difficult for a major league SS, either.

sivman17
07-04-2009, 01:59 AM
yeah, as bad as Janish is at the plate, he MUST make that play in that situation. gonzo would have made it no problem

Shawn_RedsFan
07-04-2009, 02:03 AM
yeah, as bad as Janish is at the plate, he MUST make that play in that situation. gonzo would have made it no problem

exactly and if EDE was playing 3rd...JHJ would have made that play ;)

redram
07-04-2009, 02:55 AM
I thought he should have pinch hit for Homer in the bottom of the 7th and started the 8th with either Rhodes or Weathers. When I saw how Dusty handled this there is no doubt we lost due to his poor management. When I saw Weathers come in to face Pujols I knew it was gonna be Bad, I was just praying for anything other than the Grand Slam. Even so, we had many chances to score many more runs tonight, but as normal we just can't seem to get the big hit, unless your name is Votto.

lidspinner
07-04-2009, 02:33 PM
does Dusty even look up stats......My father called before David was done warming up and told me his stats....we both just texted each other with a big WOW after the grand slam. I guess this is why Dusty is coaching the Reds and not the Yankees....as much as I love the Reds, we are not gonna attract a big name coach. We are gonna have to learn to live with the Dusty Bakers and Dave mileys and Jerry Narrons of the world. Its a fact.

Captain Hook
07-04-2009, 02:57 PM
It seems like more and more people everyday post something along the lines of "I have been patient to this point with Dusty but"or "I have been a supporter of Dusty but" then to add that they are sick of this or that.You name it.There is a daily dose of new excuses for Dusty supporters to jump ship.I wonder when the right people will start seeing things this way or if they ever will.
It was me who jumped ship a few weeks ago and I complained about all kinds of thing(I'll continue to do so).Just a fair warning to the new arrivals.You can complain all day long but it will only frustrate you more and as all the complaining in the world will make no difference.

Maldez
07-04-2009, 04:42 PM
The only thing Dusty Baker has going for him is that players seem like playing for him.