PDA

View Full Version : Rafael Palmeiro continues to deny knowingly using PEDs

fearofpopvol1
07-04-2009, 01:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4305276

REDREAD
07-06-2009, 01:36 PM
LOL. Thanks for the comedy. This guy really needs to just shut up.
The more he denies, the more foolish he looks.

NJReds
07-06-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm still confused as to why most of the steriod guys are pariahs, and Manny is beloved.

Fox, ESPN and I'm sure other networks chronicled his return to the Dodgers like a returning war hero.

Jpup
07-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm still confused as to why most of the steriod guys are pariahs, and Manny is beloved.

Fox, ESPN and I'm sure other networks chronicled his return to the Dodgers like a returning war hero.

because Manny is likely the most popular baseball player on the planet. It's all about ratings.

RichRed
07-06-2009, 02:10 PM

To their credit, guys on MLB Network were pretty critical of that perspective. Mitch Williams and Joe Magrane were, at least. They also commented that the least Manny could do was take his shades off and not have his agent by his side during his "mea culpa" press conference.

cumberlandreds
07-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Manny has always been media friendly. For whatever reason that seems to set him apart. I wonder if Barry Bonds had Manny's personality if he would be viewed differently? I think he would be.

oneupper
07-06-2009, 04:17 PM
...and I will continue to not believe a word he says.

RFS62
07-06-2009, 04:46 PM
...and I will continue to not believe a word he says.

yep

Hoosier Red
07-06-2009, 05:11 PM

I think one reason is Manny was caught and paid his price. I suppose the same can be said for Palmeiro too but he was pretty much just suspended at the end of his career.

Hopefully, the Manny treatment is the responsible treatment that athletes in all other sports get.
"Oh look Shawn Merriman is back from his 4 game suspension, that will help the Chargers. In other news, the world mourned as A-Rod was proven to be a dispicable lousy lying S.O.B. who ripped my child's heart out."