PDA

View Full Version : Only took 1/2 a season, but we actually got a GOOD Lineup out there

BLEEDS
07-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Dickerson (Hey, how about batting the OF-er with the highest OBP first!)
Taveras
(yes, I can actually live with this, maybe Wily can bunt Dickerson to 3rd, and hey, maybe he'll actually hit from the 2 hole somewhat, maybe 260-ish)
Votto
BP
JB
EE
JHJ (SS bats 7th dude?!?!? YES, that's where he belongs on this roster)
Hernandez

Got to give the DUHsty some credit, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again...

Let's just hope he sticks with it.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

GIDP
07-05-2009, 11:39 AM
How is putting a guy 2nd because he can only bunt a good thing?

BLEEDS
07-05-2009, 12:47 PM
How is putting a guy 2nd because he can only bunt a good thing?

Better than batting him 1st.

Someone has to bat 2nd; Willy or JHJ will get the nod with Dusty in charge, I'll take the lesser of two evils, especially when the other one IS going to bat 7th.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

GIDP
07-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Better than batting him 1st.

Someone has to bat 2nd; Willy or JHJ will get the nod with Dusty in charge, I'll take the lesser of two evils, especially when the other one IS going to bat 7th.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I think we have located the problem.

Its amazing that a guy will bat 1st and 2nd one day then bat 7th or 8th the next. I just cant understand it.

CySeymour
07-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I think I get what BLEEDS is saying. True, it isn't the lineup I would prefer, but if we all know Dusty is going to only put JHJ or WT in the 2nd spot, then WT is probably an ok choice because he can bunt successfully.

sivman17
07-05-2009, 04:26 PM
many of dusty's lineups have not been THAT bad. i have started looking all the stats and averages and making up my own lineups before each game. usually they are pretty similar to the ones that dusty makes. the only constant is that i always have hanigan playing, although dusty seems to enjoy sitting a .336 batter on the bench. i'm glad he finally moved taveras out of the lead off spot, though. next we just need him out of the lineup altogether

Kingspoint
07-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Dickerson (Hey, how about batting the OF-er with the highest OBP first!)
Taveras
(yes, I can actually live with this, maybe Wily can bunt Dickerson to 3rd, and hey, maybe he'll actually hit from the 2 hole somewhat, maybe 260-ish)
Votto
BP
JB
EE
JHJ (SS bats 7th dude?!?!? YES, that's where he belongs on this roster)
Hernandez

Got to give the DUHsty some credit, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again...

Let's just hope he sticks with it.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I can live with that, too.

That's plenty of Offense. Sutton, Gomes, Nix, Hanigan, and Janish on the bench is an excellent bench. Plus, the occasional Owings PH, too.

That will win games (except when Arroyo pitches).