PDA

View Full Version : Russ Adams?

schroomytunes
07-06-2009, 09:05 PM
He was just released from the Blue Jays, so he is free to sign with any team of his choice. He is a former 1st round pick that had early success but not so much lately.He's 29 this August and does play SS, is he worth taking a flyer on as a backup middle infielder. IMO he provides competition at AAA to push guys like Rosales, Janish, Hairston, EE. Thoughts?

Joseph
07-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Don't know his stats, but I know he was pretty effective a couple seasons ago. I'd take a minor league flyer on him.

IslandRed
07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
As Triple-A filler since Richar's out and Sutton's up with the big club, sure. I wouldn't expect more from him, though, especially as a shortstop, a position he hasn't seen in three years or so.

Joseph
07-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Besides we'll need someone to cover Janish's innings after tonight.

Tom Servo
07-06-2009, 11:34 PM
I used to get him confused with Aaron Hill years ago, until I figured out Hill is the talented one and Adams can't hit.

Redhook
07-07-2009, 06:51 AM
I don't think Russ is worth a shot. He's very similar to what we have.

However, the dude can hit a golf ball farther than anyone I've ever seen. He bats left-handed, but hits from the right side in golf. I played with his brother at q-school a few years back and Russ was caddying for him. After the round, Russ hit the range and was putting on a display that made all the aspiring pga pros stop and watch. It was incredible. He was easily clearing the 300-yard net. 330-340 in the air. Wow!

Too bad he can translate all that power into his baseball game.

*BaseClogger*
07-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I used to get him confused with Aaron Hill years ago, until I figured out Hill is the talented one and Adams can't hit.

Haha me too...