PDA

View Full Version : Kip Wells signed, assigned to Lousiville.

batsfan
07-07-2009, 04:40 PM
According to the Bats game notes, Kip Wells was signed today, and will play for the bats, taking the spot of Robert Manual.

Edit: Oops, I meant Manual not Burton.

Rockermann
07-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Where is Burton going?

BEETTLEBUG
07-07-2009, 04:48 PM
That was my same question,where is Burton going?

thorn
07-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Lets see, Manual up (instead of Burton), Wells to LOU (Adding Depth), possible trade comming involving Burton?

Yea, I know, wishful thinking.

BEETTLEBUG
07-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I hope not I think Burton is good unless he brings us a shortstop that can hit and field

texasdave
07-07-2009, 05:21 PM
This is fate. Early this spring my mother-in-law bought a van from the father of Kip Wells. Sometime during that transaction my mother-in-law mentioned that I was a huge baseball fan. Kip's father gave my mother-in-law a baseball card signed by the Kipster to give to me.
This signing by the Reds was inevitable.

TheBigLebowski
07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
This is fate. Early this spring my mother-in-law bought a van from the father of Kip Wells. Sometime during that transaction my mother-in-law mentioned that I was a huge baseball fan. Kip's father gave my mother-in-law a baseball card signed by the Kipster to give to me.
This signing by the Reds was inevitable.

Sounds like a Seinfeld episode. I'll have that bass guitar track in my head each and every time the Kipster twirls a gem for us.

JayBruceFan
07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
What the heck is this crap?

Pedro Martinez is out there collecting dust and we go out and sign this guy?

GO REDS!!! :thumbdown

CySeymour
07-07-2009, 08:14 PM

Do you honestly believe Pedro would want to pitch for the Reds? And this isn't even taking into account his supposed asking price.

Plus Plus
07-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Pedro wants $5mm to pitch for this year. Kip was willing to come on as a minor league free agent. There is a difference of like $4.95mm or something there.

HalMorrisRules
07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Lets see, Manual up (instead of Burton), Wells to LOU (Adding Depth), possible trade comming involving Burton?

Yea, I know, wishful thinking.

Burton has to stay down a minimum of 10 days unless he would be needed to replace an injured player which was not the case.

GIDP
07-07-2009, 09:57 PM

8 million dollars certainly isnt a factor lol

texasdave
07-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Pedro wants $5mm to pitch for this year. Kip was willing to come on as a minor league free agent. There is a difference of like $4.95mm or something there.

Yeah, I read 5 million plus incentives. Here is an incentive. If you don't sign you make nothing, Pedro. Vote for Pedro!!!

Plus Plus
07-07-2009, 10:25 PM
I am sure that Pedro's logic is the exact opposite. He might be the most dominating pitcher of his generation.