PDA

View Full Version : Riverfront Club at GABP

redsmetz
07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
We bought some Reds tickets at our parish's silent auction that are for the upcoming Padres series. With the tickets were four passes to The Riverfront Club. Has anyone been to that? What's the food like? Is it very expensive (compared to the rest of the park)?

Now I'm seeing the link on the Reds site, so I will look that over, but I'd be interested in hearing folks expriences there.

Chip R
07-09-2009, 09:07 AM
We bought some Reds tickets at our parish's silent auction that are for the upcoming Padres series. With the tickets were four passes to The Riverfront Club. Has anyone been to that? What's the food like? Is it very expensive (compared to the rest of the park)?

Now I'm seeing the link on the Reds site, so I will look that over, but I'd be interested in hearing folks expriences there.

Our vintage base ball teams have had our banquet there a couple of times. They give you a buffet: roast beef, chicken, potatoes and the like. It's about what you'd expect from a buffet at a nice restaurant. The atmosphere's great.

medford
07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
I've never been in it before, but my company has passes there, I've just always passed up the riverfront part when going to the game. IIRC, a few years ago, it was like $27 per person for the buffet including drink and dessert (don't know the price now); I've been told that the food is pretty good as is the dessert and the view is great. I think if you get an early reservation you can eat during the opposing team's batting practice.

redsmetz
07-09-2009, 09:39 AM
I've never been in it before, but my company has passes there, I've just always passed up the riverfront part when going to the game. IIRC, a few years ago, it was like $27 per person for the buffet including drink and dessert (don't know the price now); I've been told that the food is pretty good as is the dessert and the view is great. I think if you get an early reservation you can eat during the opposing team's batting practice.

I think it's $34 now. The downside is that both my wife and daughter are vegetarians, so there will be food, but they're paying alot for just that. And then there's the understandable looks for me eating at a buffet ("do you really need more?" - well the answer is "no" but you want to get your money's worth). I once got tickets for the Diamond Seats. My wife couldn't go, so my brother went with me. I love my wife, but I knew if she came, I couldn't enjoy the full experience.

Maybe we'll see about selling these and getting some regular seats and forgo the "experience." Can you buy from vendors there? I'm thinking not? Or order ala carte?

Chip R
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
I think it's $34 now. The downside is that both my wife and daughter are vegetarians, so there will be food, but they're paying alot for just that. And then there's the understandable looks for me eating at a buffet ("do you really need more?" - well the answer is "no" but you want to get your money's worth). I once got tickets for the Diamond Seats. My wife couldn't go, so my brother went with me. I love my wife, but I knew if she came, I couldn't enjoy the full experience.

Maybe we'll see about selling these and getting some regular seats and forgo the "experience." Can you buy from vendors there? I'm thinking not? Or order ala carte?

The food and atmosphere are good, no doubt. But it's clearly nothing to write home about. You might be better off downgrading.

Big Klu
07-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I had tickets for the Riverfront Club once. (I went with a group.) We were told that there was a dress code--shirts with a collar, khakis (no jeans). Khaki shorts were OK. Basically country club attire. Most people were dressed that way, though there were a few who weren't. I would suppose they might have felt conspicuous by their style of dress--I know I would have.

redsmetz
07-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Another question on these seats. I'm looking at the tickets and they say Section 130. Looking at the stadium layout, these seem to be a section that is out the first base line down at ground level. Does that sound right? And then the Riverfront Club passes just give us access to the club if we choose to go up there.

If I'm correct, we'll probably just use the tickets and get rid of the club passes. I think I'm seeing this right. Any thoughts?

I(heart)Freel
07-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I watched a game there just to knock it off the GABP bucket list. Part of my quest to watch the game from every available area. (Sidenote: I only have the riverboat party deck and the new 4192 area on that list now. Getting to the owner's suite was the hard one.)

Personally, I'm kind of philosophically opposed to watching baseball behind glass. (I have a similar thing about closed-roof baseball.) You feel miles away from the action/atmosphere. But the food and service were great. Happy I did it. Not rushing to go back.

redsmetz
07-14-2009, 11:30 AM
I watched a game there just to knock it off the GABP bucket list. Part of my quest to watch the game from every available area. (Sidenote: I only have the riverboat party deck and the new 4192 area on that list now. Getting to the owner's suite was the hard one.)

Personally, I'm kind of philosophically opposed to watching baseball behind glass. (I have a similar thing about closed-roof baseball.) You feel miles away from the action/atmosphere. But the food and service were great. Happy I did it. Not rushing to go back.

But am I right about where our seats actually are? Or is there another Section 130 inside the club?

Chip R
07-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Personally, I'm kind of philosophically opposed to watching baseball behind glass. (I have a similar thing about closed-roof baseball.) You feel miles away from the action/atmosphere.

That's very true.

I(heart)Freel
07-14-2009, 11:49 AM
But am I right about where our seats actually are? Or is there another Section 130 inside the club?

Good seats all around the stadium come with Riverfront Club passes. So the seats are exactly where you think they are in the stadium seating chart (just up from the Reds on-deck circle). You can sit there and watch the game OR go up to the Club and watch for awhile up there, get dinner etc.

If you want to do both, go early, eat dinner at the Club and then after a few innings, go hang out with the real fans in the seats.