PDA

View Full Version : Go get em Joey!

LouisvilleCARDS
07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
He's been squeezed by the umps for the past week, about time he got in one of their faces.

GIDP
07-12-2009, 03:29 PM
that ump is out of control. Votto is walking back to the dugout, then the ump starts walking after Votto.

No reason for the ump to start following a player back to the dugout just to continue the argument.

I'm surprised it took Dusty so long to get out there. Maybe he was just letting Votto get tossed just to vent. Votto and the ump seemed to be yelling for a while.

Gizmo
07-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I, too, was wondering where the coaches where. That went on a long time before Dusty finally got there.

Krawhitham
07-12-2009, 03:37 PM
dusty is old and does not move too fast anymore

BluegrassRedleg
07-12-2009, 03:39 PM
I, too, was wondering where the coaches where. That went on a long time before Dusty finally got there.

He had to find where he left his toothpick holder.

Fon Duc Tow
07-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Funny that we are just discussing arguing balls and strikes as a player.

...it was a strike by the way. But even if it was a ball, the result would be the same.

GIDP
07-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Funny that we are just discussing arguing balls and strikes as a player.

...it was a strike by the way. But even if it was a ball, the result would be the same.

Im pretty sure it was a ball from every angle they showed on the TV.

Fon Duc Tow
07-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Im pretty sure it was a ball from every angle they showed on the TV.

Wha?

The pitch started inside and then broke toward the outside, hitting the inside part of the strike zone at the last second.

I thought the pitch was a thing of beauty, and when executed well, probably makes most left handed batters angry.

LouisvilleCARDS
07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
The one Encarnacion got burned on was a bigger joke. No way no how was that even CLOSE to a strike. It was both inside and up around the letters.

BluegrassRedleg
07-12-2009, 06:11 PM
The pitch to Votto was inside, but too close to take. The hard thing to swallow about that is, if he's a little more established, he gets the "respect" benefit of the doubt call on that. Star players don't get wrung up on that pitch. I guess he's not at that level yet.

That being said, I didn't see Votto do enough to get run. Maybe the guy told him enough, and anything else he said would get him ejected. But it certainly looked tame.

The one to EE was just ridiculous; a guy ready to go home.

Frustrating week or so for the Reds vs. the umps. There's been a month's worth of bad calls in a week's span. They say those even out. If so, we have a lot coming to us.

JoeyGears76
07-12-2009, 07:27 PM
If you look at Joey's first at-bat, the ump called the same pitch in the same place strike 3. Then, the second at-bat, the second or third pitch was again the same and in the same location. The ump called it a ball. I can understand why Joey was pissed.

Griffey012
07-12-2009, 08:46 PM
The pitch to joey was nasty and a good spot, but was definitely a ball. The ball ran back in so much that when it actually caught the inside part of the plate was by the time is was already by Joey and into the glove. The ump lost all his credibility anyway after the pitch to EdE which was about as laughable at Willy T trying to hit a home run every time at the plate and only making it to the CF'er in the air.

Moosie52
07-13-2009, 08:47 AM
It was a strike. That's probably why Dusty didn't rush to Joey's defense.

Fon Duc Tow
07-13-2009, 02:36 PM
It was a strike. That's probably why Dusty didn't rush to Joey's defense.

yeah, that makes sense... :rolleyes:

Darn umps have been picking on the Reds all year. Must be because of their swagger at the plate. Can you blame the umps for trying to even out the playing field and give the other team a chance?

/end sarcasm