PDA

View Full Version : This team deserves our support after the break...

mrherd05
07-12-2009, 04:55 PM
This team deserves our support after the break. Today was the epitome of the season...they fought, and fought, and fought. They did not quit. With a hodge podge of crap in the lineup by the end of the game, they still got the tying run to the plate a few times.

I dont know what moves need to be made, I was content with no moves until Bruce went down. I would rather have a shortstop rather than a big LF or Pitcher. But I dont know who we could get.

When Edinson gets back we are going to have a solid, solid starting rotation again.

I know one thing, I hate that we have to wait four days to see them play again.

LETS GO REDS!!!

GIDP
07-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Ill support them but if they think hundred of my dollars are worth what they are offering up they are nuts. The team does stupid things, and its stupid from management down the the players.

I can handle players screwing up but I simply will not support a management that seems to not care.

mrherd05
07-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Why would management not care? What do they gain from "not caring"?

I think comments such as your reply are laughable. I compare it to many replies from my fellow Marshall Thundering Herd fans, where they think that just because they pay money for things, then they have the right to demand what to expect from management.

Thanks for your reply, wasnt really what I was wanting, but after reading thoughts and opinions of many Reds fans, I dont know why I am suprised by the reply.

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!

GIDP
07-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Ask me do you think Willy Taveras playing every day is a sign of them caring? Do you think Dusty Baker puts this team in the best position to win on a daily basis? I can handle simple things and some times its luck of the draw but how can you watch players under perform every day and continue to play them and claim you care?

The constant playing undermanned earlier in the year was a disgrace. Like I said I can handle that certain players stink or are doing bad but I cant handle that out of a front office.

The management seems to put forward little effort, so why should I put forward a ton of effort?

mrherd05
07-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Yes, I think Willy T needs to be playing everyday. His speed is something that needs to be in the lineup, sans a bad four week period, he is hitting around .280 or so....if not a shade better. He has hit over .300 the last 2.5 to 3 weeks.

FlyerFanatic
07-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, I think Willy T needs to be playing everyday. His speed is something that needs to be in the lineup, sans a bad four week period, he is hitting around .280 or so....if not a shade better. He has hit over .300 the last 2.5 to 3 weeks.

now this is a comment that is laughable.

when willy gets on base, once in a blue moon, he doesnt even steal. hes an average defender, and as of late is below average with boneheaded plays. he shouldnt see the field, maybe once a week.

LouisvilleCARDS
07-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Wow, I suggest seeing a doctor immediately.

GIDP
07-12-2009, 05:17 PM

His speed does what for the line up? He is never on base, and when he is he never steals a base. Not to mention the guy is quickly turning into the adam dunn of center fielders.

Willy Taveras has hit .149 since the start of june, .250 since july started and over the last 2 and a half months he has a line of .231/.259/.278 and that included that big hitting streak he had.

He's been that terrible.

mrherd05
07-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Average defender? Now that is laughable.

I love how you guys knock on the supposed bonehead play in Philly...yet an inning before Victorino made the EXACT same play on a ball hit by Edwin, the ball didnt karom as hard and no one says a thing.

The guy you all want to replace him is Dickerson, defensively, he makes some great ones, just like Willy does, yet his bad ones get overlooked, example being Utleys Inside the park HR...where was Dickerson...NOWHERE to be found at all.

FlyerFanatic
07-12-2009, 05:21 PM

I love how you guys knock on the supposed bonehead play in Philly...yet an inning before Victorino made the EXACT same play on a ball hit by Edwin, the ball didnt karom as hard and no one says a thing.

The guy you all want to replace him is Dickerson, defensively, he makes some great ones, just like Willy does, yet his bad ones get overlooked, example being Utleys Inside the park HR...where was Dickerson...NOWHERE to be found at all.

you're the one that said you want willy in the lineup everyday for his speed. thats just moronic. i'd just stop posting if i were you

GIDP
07-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Im guessing since you think Taveras is a .280 outside of "a couple bad weeks" you havent been watching him play that much anyways.

mrherd05
07-12-2009, 05:23 PM
you're the one that said you want willy in the lineup everyday for his speed. thats just moronic. i'd just stop posting if i were you

Not sure I understand your post.

GIDP
07-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Quick name for me something Taveras does better than dickerson, and no I will not accept popping out in the infield as an answer.

mrherd05
07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Im guessing since you think Taveras is a .280 outside of "a couple bad weeks" you havent been watching him play that much anyways.

I rarely miss a game, and the guy needs to be in the lineup everyday.

This is coming from some of the same people who last week were yapping about trading Phillips.

Funny stuff...oh and slamming on Ramon who at the C position is looking at 10HR's and 70 RBIs for the season.

Funny...love it.

Thank you guys though for stearing the point of the topic at hand.

BluegrassRedleg
07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Ask me do you think Willy Taveras playing every day is a sign of them caring?

Great question.

FlyerFanatic
07-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Not sure I understand your post.

do you not read? i said in my other post, that his speed is worthless, because when he does get on, which is very little, he doesnt steal. you said you wanted him in the lineup for the very fact for his speed. how does his speed help, if he doesnt steal, with the little time he gets on base?

mrherd05
07-12-2009, 05:28 PM
He is one of the league leaders in SB's with 17.

GIDP
07-12-2009, 05:32 PM

Sounds like someone who should only be on pinch running duty to me.

texasdave
07-12-2009, 05:38 PM
It seems as if every game this team makes a boneheaded play. Things that should have been learned in little league baseball are a mystery to this squad. The excuse that this is a young team does not fly. Because even if a player comes up at the age of 23, that means they have probably been playing organized ball for about 15 years or so. Baserunning errors, lack of hustle, throwing to the wrong spot, not holding runners close etc., etc. Ok, this post is pointless. Just wanted to get that off my chest. This team takes the mental out of fundamental. Maybe this is every team and I just notice with the Reds. Oh, well. I hate the All-Star break. It is purposeless, IMO. Does anyone really enjoy watching people hit batting-practice fastballs over the fence? Let's get this nonsense over with so we can get back to baseball.

Kingspoint
07-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Not on the internet do they deserve our support. The players do, but the team, which is headed by Baker and those who hired Baker do not. In person at a game, they deserve our support all the time.

redsfanmia
07-12-2009, 06:31 PM
It seems as if every game this team makes a boneheaded play. Things that should have been learned in little league baseball are a mystery to this squad. The excuse that this is a young team does not fly. Because even if a player comes up at the age of 23, that means they have probably been playing organized ball for about 15 years or so. Baserunning errors, lack of hustle, throwing to the wrong spot, not holding runners close etc., etc. Ok, this post is pointless. Just wanted to get that off my chest. This team takes the mental out of fundamental. Maybe this is every team and I just notice with the Reds. Oh, well. I hate the All-Star break. It is purposeless, IMO. Does anyone really enjoy watching people hit batting-practice fastballs over the fence? Let's get this nonsense over with so we can get back to baseball.

I blame the coaching in the minor leagues and the over all philosophy of the organization. The Reds need to get back to the days of playing Reds baseball, the way the system was ran in the 60's,70's, and ending with the mid 80's. The Reds had a good system and produced players who knew how to play the game. I think Big Bob is trying to restore it but its going to take time, Uncle Carl and Marge destroyed the farm system in more ways than one.

Griffey012
07-12-2009, 07:43 PM

I typically try to be supportive and defensive of all the reds players, coaching, and management. And from people who have read a majority of my posts it is usually in the positive or optimistic direction. I have even tried to find the positives in Taveras and convince myself he helps this team.

His outfield play is down right pathetic. With his speed he should be an elite OF'er but his reads are about as good as an average HIGH SCHOOL player. He constantly starts back on shallow pop ups, he comes in on hard liners, and lets not even get into balls on the wall where he acts like he is afraid of getting hurt by hitting a padded wall. I do not recall a time where Willy sold his body in the OF.

Jay Bruce doesn't have near the speed and agility but makes a way better defender than Taveras because he can actually read, listen, and react to a ball off the bat. Usually when a ball does not sound solidly hit it is going to be shallow, not to the warning track.

Offensively, he brings about as much value as Janish and Rosales, which is slim to none. We might as well bring back the one and only Reggie Taylor and put him in CF everyday and get about as good of production.

corwinator3407
07-16-2009, 01:51 PM
I am interested to see what tonights attendance will be. I will be there, but I'm not expecting more than 23,000.

texasdave
07-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Any All-Star Break moves made to shore up the team as it slowly sinks in the NL Central? No, thank you! We will just dance with what brung us to fifth place if you don't mind.

bounty37h
07-16-2009, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=corwinator3407;1921597]I am interested to see what tonights attendance will be. I will be there, but I'm not expecting more than 23,000.[/QUOTE
I doubt there are that many.

Fon Duc Tow
07-16-2009, 04:29 PM
There won't be any new players.

"How long do you think we can hold the fan's interest before they give up?"

That is the only question being pondered by Castellini and Jocketty, I'll tell you that right now.

BluegrassRedleg
07-16-2009, 06:00 PM

Congrats. 17% toward his stated goal entering the season.