PDA

View Full Version : Dickerson now possibly headed to DL

Reds Fanatic
07-16-2009, 08:12 PM
They just said on the telecast Dickerson had to be scratched due to back spasms and now he may be headed to the DL.

WVRedsFan
07-16-2009, 08:16 PM
And still no moves?

Raisor
07-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Dickerson will be Wally Pipped by Willy Taveras!

wait.

what?

Big Klu
07-16-2009, 08:58 PM
And still no moves?

Even if Dickerson were to be placed on the DL tonight, his replacement wouldn't be able to get here until tomorrow. (Dickerson was scratched from the starting lineup this afternoon, so it would have been a last-minute decision.)

redsfan4445
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Heard they called the Nationals about the availability of C. Patterson !! wouldn't surprise me!!

CarolinaRedleg
07-16-2009, 09:31 PM
An outfield of Corey Patterson and Willy Tavares? Just call it two of the four horsemen of the suckalypse.

westofyou
07-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Even if Dickerson were to be placed on the DL tonight, his replacement wouldn't be able to get here until tomorrow. (Dickerson was scratched from the starting lineup this afternoon, so it would have been a last-minute decision.)

Facts are boring.. I want ACTION

membengal
07-16-2009, 09:36 PM
13 pitchers. They are carrying 13 pitchers, and have been doing so all week. Coming out of the all-star break. That should be 12. Someone could be up that has a stick, and then they are not caught with their pants at ankles when a back spasms.

But that's not as fun as snark. So, snark away.

westofyou
07-16-2009, 09:43 PM
13 pitchers. They are carrying 13 pitchers, and have been doing so all week. Coming out of the all-star break. That should be 12. Someone could be up that has a stick, and then they are not caught with their pants at ankles when a back spasms.

13 pitchers is an issue, but this was more about Dickerson, IF he goes to the DL then it's a new event and expecting a call up on that in the current known time frame is snark worthy.

TheNext44
07-16-2009, 10:24 PM

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog07&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ae57bcc87-152a-4f72-96fb-cc08b1f396efPost%3ad951c9f8-726e-41d0-a056-b86131ef868e&plckCommentSortOrder=TimeStampAscending&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

The Reds will go with 13 pitchers tonight. It sounds like they make a move tomorrow.

"There are some technical things," Dusty Baker said.

Sounds like someone has been scheduled to come up tomorrow. For some reason a snag was hit in getting him up for today's game.

I am hoping that it's either Stubbs or Heisey and the snag was that they were in All-Star games during the break. fingers crossed.

If Dickerson is down for a while, I could see a trade, maybe a Luke Scott or Aubrey Huff. Someone that won't cost any real prospects, but will be a nice fill in.

Danny Serafini
07-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I saw it written somewhere (can't remember off the top of my head) that Drew Sutton went down 9 days ago. Tomorrow he'll be eligible to come back up, so that could be the deal.

Big Klu
07-16-2009, 10:42 PM
I saw it written somewhere (can't remember off the top of my head) that Drew Sutton went down 9 days ago. Tomorrow he'll be eligible to come back up, so that could be the deal.

I mentioned it in another thread.

TheNext44
07-16-2009, 10:44 PM

Unfortunately, and no offense to Sutton, but that makes more sense, and is probably what will happen.

That makes a trade if DIckerson is down for awhile all the more likely. Can't be putting Gomes in RF too often and not get burned.

Big Klu
07-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately, and no offense to Sutton, but that makes more sense, and is probably what will happen.

That makes a trade if DIckerson is down for awhile all the more likely. Can't be putting Gomes in RF too often and not get burned.

I don't understand why Gomes is in RF tonight. I would have put him in LF, with Nix in RF. (Nix is a better defensive OF.)

OnBaseMachine
07-16-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't understand why Gomes is in RF tonight. I would have put him in LF, with Nix in RF. (Nix is a better defensive OF.)

I agree. Gomes is a statue. He should never play anything other than LF.

lollipopcurve
07-16-2009, 11:01 PM
It will be Sutton. But if Dickersin is DLed, they'll still be at 13 pitchers, 12 position players. Then who comes up? I think the only active position players left on the 40-man are Tatum and Francisco. Would they actually create space for someone else by releasing or going 60-day with someone? I doubt it. More likely they keep Dickerson active, or activate Gonzo (before he's ready).

Big Klu
07-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I agree. Gomes is a statue. He should never play anything other than LF.

It's not his fault--he's never pretended to be anything other than what he is. But like you said, he should play LF only.

Big Klu
07-16-2009, 11:07 PM
It will be Sutton. But if Dickersin is DLed, they'll still be at 13 pitchers, 12 position players. Then who comes up? I think the only active position players left on the 40-man are Tatum and Francisco. Would they actually create space for someone else by releasing or going 60-day with someone? I doubt it. More likely they keep Dickerson active, or activate Gonzo (before he's ready).

I think the plan was to bring up Sutton and send down a pitcher (probably Manuel). Dickerson's injury complicates matters, and may force a move on the 40-man roster if he has to go on the 15-day DL.

TheNext44
07-16-2009, 11:16 PM
I think the plan was to bring up Sutton and send down a pitcher (probably Manuel). Dickerson's injury complicates matters, and may force a move on the 40-man roster if he has to go on the 15-day DL.

That's actually pretty easy right now. Castillo to the 60 day or maybe even Bruce. His injury probably will keep him out 60 days, although optimistically, he could be back in 45 if rushed. It might be smart to be forced to keep him on it for two months, so he doesn't try to come back too soon.

Big Klu
07-16-2009, 11:23 PM
That's actually pretty easy right now. Castillo to the 60 day or maybe even Bruce. His injury probably will keep him out 60 days, although optimistically, he could be back in 45 if rushed. It might be smart to be forced to keep him on it for two months, so he doesn't try to come back too soon.

Castillo is already on the 60-day DL. Richar, or as you say Bruce, could possibly be transferred to the 60-day DL, or the Reds could designate somebody for assignment.

corkedbat
07-17-2009, 12:23 AM
If they announce that their starting OF for Saturday will pe Patterson/Taveras/McDonald - I'm going and buying the expensive seats! :thumbup:

mbgrayson
07-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Dickerson is in Friday night's lineup vs. the Brewers, batting 7th.