PDA

View Full Version : Five Minor League Players Suspended For Using Banned Substances

savafan
07-16-2009, 11:11 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090716&content_id=5896418&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that five Minor League players have received 50-game suspensions after each tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Pitcher Alexis Juma of the Oakland Athletics organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.

Pitcher Renedin Mesa of the Los Angeles Angels organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.

Pitcher Alex Nolasco of the Athletics organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.

Pitcher Joan Pascual of the Philadelphia Phillies organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.

Outfielder Jose Trinidad of the Phillies organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.

savafan
07-17-2009, 09:56 PM
http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCATRE56G7T520090717

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Six minor league players were suspended 50 games each on Friday for doping, one day after five others were punished for using performance-enhancing substances, the commissioner of baseball's office announced.

The five suspended Thursday were all from the Dominican Summer League, and five of Friday's offenders also came from that league including pitchers Billis Andujar and Jose Encarnacion of the Tigers organization.

Other Dominican league players suspended were pitchers Carlos Rosario of the White Sox, Aristedes Santos of the Royals and Jorge Serra of the Blue Jays. Milwaukee Brewers hurler Cody Adams of the Single-A Midwest League was also punished.

(Reporting by Larry Fine, Editing by Nigel Hunt)

smith288
07-18-2009, 03:57 AM
I have an old coworker who said he knows of a reds reliever who bought a bag of weed of someone at a party. A young guy who has been up and down.

He wouldn't give me a name because he said he didn't remember. Just remembers his friend bringing it up.

The guy has no reason to lie because he doesnt follow baseball. Just take it for what it's worth.

All I know is that if any minor leaguers read this and know who it is, tell them to get their head on straight and dont eff up your oppotunity me or anyone of us at redszone would kill to have.

savafan
07-18-2009, 04:12 AM
I have an old coworker who said he knows of a reds reliever who bought a bag of weed of someone at a party. A young guy who has been up and down.

He wouldn't give me a name because he said he didn't remember. Just remembers his friend bringing it up.

The guy has no reason to lie because he doesnt follow baseball. Just take it for what it's worth.

All I know is that if any minor leaguers read this and know who it is, tell them to get their head on straight and dont eff up your oppotunity me or anyone of us at redszone would kill to have.

Pot is on the list of banned substances:

List of banned substances

[edit] Drugs of abuse

1. Cocaine
2. LSD
3. Marijuana
4. Opiates (e.g., heroin, codeine, morphine)
5. MDMA (“Ecstasy”)
6. GHB
7. Phencyclidine (“PCP”)

[edit] Steroids

1. Androstanediol
2. Androstanedione
3. Androstenediol
4. Androstenedione
5. Bolasterone
6. Boldenone
7. Calusterone
8. Clenbuterol
9. Clostebol
10. Dehydrochloromethyltestosterone
11. Desoxy-methyltestosterone
12. ∆1-dihydrotestosterone
13. 4-dihydrotestosterone
14. Drostanolone
15. Ethylestrenol
16. Fluoxymesterone
17. Formebolone
18. Furazabol
19. 13a-ethyl-17a-hydroxygon-4-en-3-one
20. 4-hydroxytestosterone
21. 4-hydroxy-19-nortestosterone
22. Mestanolone
23. Mesterolone
24. Methandienone
25. Methandriol
26. Methenolone
27. Methyltestosterone
28. Mibolerone
29. 17a-methyl-∆1-dihydrotestosterone
30. Nandrolone
31. Norandrostenediol
32. Norandrostenedione
33. Norbolethone
34. Norclostebol
35. Norethandrolone
36. Oxandrolone
37. Oxymesterone
38. Oxymetholone
39. Stanozolol
40. Stenbolone
41. Testolactone
42. Testosterone
43. Tetrahydrogestrinone
44. Trenbolone
45. Any salt, ester or ether of a drug or substance listed above; and
46. Human Growth Hormone (aka HGH)

[edit] Stimulants

1. Amfepramone (Diethylproprion)
2. Amphetamine
3. Amphetaminil
4. Benzphetamine
5. Chloroamphetamine
6. Chlorphentermine
7. Clobenzorex
8. Clortermine
9. Dimethylamphetamine
10. Ephedrine (Ephedra)
11. Ethylamphetamine
12. Famprofazone
13. Fencamfamine
14. Fenethylline
15. Fenfluramine
16. Fenproporex
17. Furfenorex
18. Mefenorex
19. Mesocarb
20. Mephentermine
21. Methylphenidate
22. Modafinil
23. Pemoline
24. Phenpentermine
25. Phentermine
26. Prolintane
27. Phendimetrazine (Phenmetrazine)
28. Propylhexedrine
29. Pyrovalerone
30. Selegiline

I didn't expect it to be, since Geovany Soto tested positive at the WBC and wasn't given a suspension. I guess only MLB tests count? Would think a positive test is a positive test when it comes to banned substances, but I guess not.