PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Todd Frazier, Five-Tool Stud Who'll Help Rebuild the Cincinnati Reds

savafan
07-17-2009, 10:00 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0513/8580/124207_feature.jpg

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/219319-the-next-great-cincinnati-red-todd-frazier

Lately, the Cincinnati Reds have been on a youth movement, building their team from the farm system. Jay Bruce and Joey Votto are both great examples of that.

But there is another prospect in the Reds' farm system who will be a star when he gets the call to the majors.

That future star is Todd Frazier.

Some people might be scratching their heads, wondering who this kid is. Allow me to make the formal introductions for you.

Frazier is only 23 but not shy of being in the spotlight.

In the 1998 Little League World Series, Frazier, who was 12 at the time, was the main star for the Toms River, New Jersey team that won the championship that season by defeating Japan. Frazier went 4-for-4 with a clutch, late-inning home run that helped the Toms River team defeat Japan. After that game, the team was on every talk show from Rosie O'Donnell to Oprah Winfrey.

Frazier's next path was being the star of the Toms River High School South Indians baseball team. In his freshman year of 2001, he started in center field and batted .350. The team got to the New Jersey state finals but lost the final game.

His sophomore year Frazier was moved to shortstop, his most natural position, and moved from the No. 3 hole to leadoff. Frazier was the leading hitter of that team, batting nearly .400, and led the team in home runs.

That year, the Indians went 8-1 down the stretch to finish 20-9 and won the New Jersey State Championship. Frazier, now 16, had already won two major titles before he had even driven a car yet. He was named second team All-State in New Jersey.

His junior year was even better. Frazier batted over .420 as the leadoff hitter, belted over 10 home runs (which is like 40 in MLB comparisons), and helped guide the Indians in 2003 to a second New Jersey State Championship. Frazier was also named First Team All-State in New Jersey. Frazier had won back-to-back titles in high school.

His senior year, the Indians were still a playoff team but regressed, as they finished 18-10 and were eliminated from the New Jersey state playoffs in the semifinals. But Frazier ended up breaking several school records, including the one for home runs. Frazier hit .521 that year and ended his high school career with a .443 average.

In the June 2004 MLB Draft, Frazier was selected in the 37th round by the Colorado Rockies but did not sign with them because of his scholastic obligations to Rutgers University.

Frazier shined at Rutgers. In 2005, he won All-American honors from Baseball America. In 2007, he was a First-Team All-American and was named 2007 Big East Player of the Year. He finished 2007 with 22 home runs, which was fourth best in the nation. He finished his career with Rutgers as a .347 hitter.

In the June 2007 MLB Draft, the Reds drafted Frazier in the first round as a supplemental draft pick.

In 2008, Frazier played 100 games for the lower-level Single-A Sarasota Reds, hitting .281 with 12 home runs and 54 RBI, and then finished playing 30 games with the higher-level Single-A Dayton Dragons, hitting .321 with seven home runs and 20 RBI.

So in 2008, Frazier finished with a .301 average, hitting 19 home runs and 74 RBI. Not too bad as a 22-year-old in his first season in baseball, even if it is the minors.

So far in 2009, while playing for the Double-A Carolina Mudcats, Frazier is hitting .312 with 10 home runs and 46 RBI, plus was named as a starter in left field for the Southern League All-Star Game.

You might be wondering how I know so much about Frazier. I was one of his teammates in high school on the 2001 and 2002 teams, so I too was a part of that state championship squad. I've seen Todd evolve from a 12-year-old prodigy into a 23-year-old slugger with so much potential.

Frazier's family is not unfamiliar to the Major League scene; Frazier's eldest brother Charlie was drafted by the Marlins in 1999, and their middle brother Jeff was drafted by the Tigers in 2004 in the third round. Jeff is currently with the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens as an outfielder and hitting .270 (Jeff is also one of my former teammates from high school and is getting closer to making the major leagues).

At 6'3" and 220 pounds, Frazier has the power to slug home runs like Alex Rodriguez, hit for average like Joe Mauer, and play great defense like Torii Hunter in the outfield and Derek Jeter in the infield. Frazier is currently a left fielder, but if needed, he can play shortstop, third base, and first base, plus has a history of pitching.

Anywhere he is positioned, he is going to do well. His history says so.

So Reds fans, get ready for the next superstar to get called up to play alongside Bruce, Votto, and Brandon Phillips.

Frazier might be a young adult at 23, but the spotlight has never scared him since he was on national television as a 12-year-old. Once called up, Frazier will be a star in the majors for years to come.

For you Reds fans, you just have to hope Walt Jocketty doesn't deal Frazier away before he gets to put on that Cincinnati uniform, because I promise you, he is worth waiting to see play.

Mario-Rijo
07-17-2009, 10:25 PM
You might be wondering how I know so much about Frazier. I was one of his teammates in high school on the 2001 and 2002 teams, so I too was a part of that state championship squad. I've seen Todd evolve from a 12-year-old prodigy into a 23-year-old slugger with so much potential.

At 6'3" and 220 pounds, Frazier has the power to slug home runs like Alex Rodriguez, hit for average like Joe Mauer, and play great defense like Torii Hunter in the outfield and Derek Jeter in the infield. Frazier is currently a left fielder, but if needed, he can play shortstop, third base, and first base, plus has a history of pitching.

Ok, exaggerate much? I love Frazier but he took that a bit far. Although I do think he is an important player for our future, maybe one of the most important. Fun read all the same.

GIDP
07-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Good to hear we have the greatest player to play the game in our system.

OnBaseMachine
07-18-2009, 01:47 AM

:lol:

I am a huge Todd Frazier fan but this guy went a bit overboard on his scouting report. I'll cut him some slack though since he apparently went to school with Todd. Naturally he's going to be excited about Frazier since he played with him but he went a little too far.

klw
07-18-2009, 09:10 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0513/8580/124207_feature.jpg

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/219319-the-next-great-cincinnati-red-todd-frazier

.... play great defense like .... and Derek Jeter in the infield. .

Jeter? Seriously?

camisadelgolf
07-18-2009, 11:06 AM
hahaha Good catch, klw. Anyone who has seen Jeter play defense lately might actually prefer Frazier at shortstop to Jeter.

Degenerate39
07-18-2009, 11:46 AM
The more I read about this guy the more I get excited about him. And the more I dislike Edwin. I can't wait till he's starting somewhere for the Reds. Hopefully at 3rd base

redsfandan
07-18-2009, 12:06 PM
My only question is how much can we consider him a future option at 3rd? Can he play 3rd and be ok defensively for 1-2 seasons until Soto/Francisco can take over?

dougdirt
07-18-2009, 12:09 PM
My only question is how much can we consider him a future option at 3rd? Can he play 3rd and be ok defensively for 1-2 seasons until Soto/Francisco can take over?

Right now, I think he would be a better defender than either of them at 3B and certainly a better bat moving forward than Francisco.

JaxRed
07-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Whoever wrote this doesn't understand low A ball and high A ball very well

redsfandan
07-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Right now, I think he would be a better defender than either of them at 3B and certainly a better bat moving forward than Francisco.
I guess what I'm asking is how does he compare to EE defensively?

dougdirt
07-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I guess what I'm asking is how does he compare to EE defensively?

How does he compare to the worst defensive 3B in the league 4 years running? I would wager to say better.

redsfandan
07-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Ok, I guess that answers that question.

Kingspoint
07-18-2009, 05:31 PM
If we let EE play out his contract, he'll probably be a "Type A" Free Agent when we lose him. I would like to get a late 1st Round pick for him. If not, the worst scenario is that we trade him mid-way through the 2010 season because we have a replacement that's pushing him out, and we get an offer much better than a "potential" player from a late 1st Round pick. It's likely that EE has yet another season next year of .800+ OPS, and it's even more likely that he has the best year of his career and has an .850+ OPS. As a 3rd Baseman Offensively, that would put him among the Top-4 in the National League next season. And, at his age, we could get a lot for him, irregardless of what kind of Defense he has at the time. A team can live with his defense when they get that much offense.

Chip R
07-19-2009, 11:25 AM
How does he compare to the worst defensive 3B in the league 4 years running? I would wager to say better.

Really? If EE is so bad and Frazier is so good, why haven't they been playing him at 3rd every freaking day instead of moving him around the diamond? Frazier may be so bad at 3rd we'll be longing for the days of EE at 3rd. It just seems to me that if they think a guy is going to be a catcher, they catch him as much as possible in the minors to see if he can handle the position. I know Francisco's in AA with him but if Frazier is the heir apparent at 3rd, send him to LOU to play 3rd every day. I worry about a guy like this that he's going to be pigeonholed as a utility player.

dougdirt
07-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Really? If EE is so bad and Frazier is so good, why haven't they been playing him at 3rd every freaking day instead of moving him around the diamond? Frazier may be so bad at 3rd we'll be longing for the days of EE at 3rd. It just seems to me that if they think a guy is going to be a catcher, they catch him as much as possible in the minors to see if he can handle the position. I know Francisco's in AA with him but if Frazier is the heir apparent at 3rd, send him to LOU to play 3rd every day. I worry about a guy like this that he's going to be pigeonholed as a utility player.
Frazier is fine at 3B. I don't think the Reds see him as a 3B though for whatever reason. That said, does anyone honestly think Edwin Encarnacion should be playing 3B every day with his defense? If so, I have to ask why.

Chip R
07-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Frazier is fine at 3B. I don't think the Reds see him as a 3B though for whatever reason. That said, does anyone honestly think Edwin Encarnacion should be playing 3B every day with his defense? If so, I have to ask why.

That's a question the Reds need to address.

NeilHamburger
07-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Which I don't get. Unless Frazier plays third, one of Alonso, Votto or Frazier has to go, and soon now. I'd just assume Votto in left, Alonso at first and Frazier at 3rd. This along with a (hopefully) improved Bruce goes a long way to making the offense good without making a trade.

redsfandan
07-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Ok, then who are the Reds planning at playing at 3rd after 2010 if not Frazier? EE again?? Unless EE can show some improvement I'd rather see what Frazier could do.

dougdirt
07-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Ok, then who are the Reds planning at playing at 3rd after 2010 if not Frazier? EE again?? Unless EE can show some improvement I'd rather see what Frazier could do.

Francisco seems like the guy they want.

redsfandan
07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Francisco seems like the guy they want.
But is it safe to say that he'll be ready to take over on day 1 in 2011?

dougdirt
07-19-2009, 02:59 PM
But is it safe to say that he'll be ready to take over on day 1 in 2011?

In my mind, no way. In the Reds.... probably. They obviously don't care about OBP. If he can hit .260, he will play. Even if that means he posts a .285 OBP.

redsfandan
07-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Well if Francisco is the future at 3rd hopefully the Reds DON'T rush him and use Frazier or pick up a decent FA on a short-term deal as a stop-gap.

dougdirt
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Well if Francisco is the future at 3rd hopefully the Reds DON'T rush him and use Frazier or pick up a decent FA on a short-term deal as a stop-gap.
They have already rushed him. He barely posted a .300 OBP in Sarasota last year and was promoted.

Kc61
07-19-2009, 05:20 PM
They have already rushed him. He barely posted a .300 OBP in Sarasota last year and was promoted.

I think they will make up for it by leaving Francisco at AA next year. It will be a big year for him, he has to improve.

As I've posted before, I'm less concerned about Francisco's OBP problem, I think he can overcome it and still hit. He has always hit for extra bases. But the guy makes so many errors, it's really hard for me to see him as a third baseman in the big leagues.

GIDP
07-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I refuse to believe they think Frazier is a lesser prospect than Fransisco.

Kingspoint
07-19-2009, 05:30 PM
In my mind, no way. In the Reds.... probably. They obviously don't care about OBP. If he can hit .260, he will play. Even if that means he posts a .285 OBP.

It is frustrating to project things for the REDS when the right players won't get the proper at-bats at the big-league level under the current decision-makers.

It can feel like your wasting your time. Someday, Dusty will be gone. Keep doing your great work about the REDS' minor leaguers. It's well appreciated.

Kingspoint
07-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Until a significantly better defensive replacement at 3rd Base comes along, who can post at the very least a .750 OPS, I'd rather have EE there through the end of 2010, as I can't see EE posting less than an .840 OPS in 2010. I'll take the 90 points from the Right-handed bat over the better defense. But, I'll take the significantly better defense if the OPS difference is less than 90 points in 2010.

One of the issues with this is Shortstop. Right now we don't have offense or defense at shortstop. With no defense at shortstop, I'd go with more defense at 3rd base and less offense. But, with more defense at shortstop, I'd go with more offense at 3rd base and less defense. With both no defense and no offense at shortstop, I'll take the Offense at 3rd Base, because I already have no Offense at Centerfield. That's just too many spots with no Offense.

Before the season began I wanted the same thing as many others wanted. Very good Defense in Centerfield (Dickerson), and great defense at Shortstop, whatever it takes to make that happen, whether it was Gonzalez or someone else. The Gonzalez solution was a mistake. I would have made the same mistake, as it looked like he was healthy. But, I wouldn't have had Hairston as my backup. I would have obtained a better utility player defensively than Hairston because it was highly likely that Gonzalez would hit the DL at some time during the season. To support EE, you need a great Shortstop. Otherwise, it puts too much pressure on your pitchers.

Dusty's great at putting too much pressure on his pitchers with his lineup construction.

Kingspoint
07-19-2009, 05:43 PM

Perhaps the acquisition of Sutton will slow that down, and allow them to handle him better this season and next season.

If EE hits at an .850 OPS clip from this point forward through the end of 2010, then Frazier can stay in the minor leagues and work on raising his OBP.

Damage done is damage done, I know.

GIDP
07-19-2009, 05:51 PM
You must mean Fransisco

Kingspoint
07-19-2009, 06:05 PM
You must mean Fransisco

Yes. I didn't state that very clearly, for sure.

Also, there's very little I don't agree with Doug Dirt about, that his different opinion about this has me questioning what I'm missing. But, I'm pretty sure it has to do with my not seeing EE on any kind of a regular basis, so I don't have a viable opinion about his defense.

I've never ever considered him to be remotely "the worst defensive starting 3rd baseman in baseball", but I have to defer to someone who sees him regularly.

Is he really that bad?

RedlegJake
07-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, imo EE is that bad defensively. He's never learned the proper footwork, is easily the worst throwing regular 3rd baseman, and when he makes an eye popper he turns around and goofs a routine play. Plus his emotions seem to affect his fielding. In the old days he'd be the guy the other team was riding constantly because if you can upset him you throw his whole game off.

The Reds development decisions just kill me. This organization seems to value utility - the ability to play multiple positions okay more highly than the ability to play one position really well.

Leave Yonder at first and forget experiments elsewhere, put Frazier at third AND Francisco - they shouldn't be on the same level anyway, and leave them the heck alone. Just play em everyday at that one position. Later, if you have a jam at one spot coming up - that's what trading is for.

Crikes I just don't understand their thinking sometimes, especially with their minor leaguers.

Kingspoint
07-20-2009, 05:37 PM
He's never learned the proper footwork.

You mean like Hairston? One step and then fall to the ground. Or A-Rod, matadoring everything because he's too lazy to use his feet.

I saw A-rod about 200 times in person and he was always the most over-rated player defensively in the Majors. He was always a lousy shortstop. Nobody had worse footwork than he did. And, then his idiotic side-arm throw to first that put a windmill effect on the ball was as dumb a thing as I ever saw. But, Superstars and prima-donnas don't have anything to learn and seem to get every free pass from the media that can be handed out.

Anyway, DD didn't answer my question. Is he really the worst defensive fielding 3rd baseman that's out there? Go with what you've seen in person, please. There aren't any defensive statistics that measure defense enough to come remotely close to measuring a player's ability on defense. They don't exist, and if you want proof I'll tell you why.

Kingspoint
07-20-2009, 05:42 PM
RedlegJake....you live in Kansas City, Missouri. How many times in person have you see EE play defense in the last three years, 2007, 2008, and 2009? I'm really looking for someone to answer this question who has seen him in person a minimum of 8 games over that period. 8 games is plenty to tell how someone plays defense at 3rd Base, if you're watching them closely. So, it's probably better if you've seen him play about 20 games over that time as it's likely you didn't pay that much attention to him for 2/3rd's of the time, unless you sat down at the 3rd Base line. Also, if you're sitting out in Right Field or down the 1st Base line, that doesn't count, either. You won't find a scout sitting in any of those sections.

dougdirt
07-20-2009, 05:55 PM
There aren't any defensive statistics that measure defense enough to come remotely close to measuring a player's ability on defense. They don't exist, and if you want proof I'll tell you why.

Do we have defensive stats that measure defense to the same point we have that measure offense? No. Do we have stats that tell us whether a player is very good, good, average, bad and very bad defensively? Yeah, we do. Especially when they all agree that he is downright terrible.

Kingspoint
07-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Do we have defensive stats that measure defense to the same point we have that measure offense? No. Do we have stats that tell us whether a player is very good, good, average, bad and very bad defensively? Yeah, we do. Especially when they all agree that he is downright terrible.

The only defensive measurable I'm interested in is your personal opinion about EE's defense (or anyone else's based upon what you have personally seen), because you are a source that I can trust and rely on when it comes to someone's defensive skills.

So, seriously, where do you personally rank EE defensively among starting 3rd Baseman in the National League? I'll stick to National League guys as I expect you have a much greater chance to have seen them over the last 3 seasons than the American Leaguers.

Can you rate him on a Bell curve for me, please? Is he among the 10% A's or F's, the 20% B's or D's, or the 40% C's? Give him a "plus" or "minus" next to the grade if you prefer.

dougdirt
07-20-2009, 07:12 PM
The only defensive measurable I'm interested in is your personal opinion about EE's defense (or anyone else's based upon what you have personally seen), because you are a source that I can trust and rely on when it comes to someone's defensive skills.

So, seriously, where do you personally rank EE defensively among starting 3rd Baseman in the National League? I'll stick to National League guys as I expect you have a much greater chance to have seen them over the last 3 seasons than the American Leaguers.

Can you rate him on a Bell curve for me, please? Is he among the 10% A's or F's, the 20% B's or D's, or the 40% C's? Give him a "plus" or "minus" next to the grade if you prefer.
He is bad. His range is average at best. He struggles coming in on balls. He obviously has throwing issues. Combined, it makes him pretty bad overall. Short of Ryan Braun, he has been the worst every day 3B the NL has seen in a while.

Kingspoint
07-20-2009, 07:16 PM
He is bad. His range is average at best. He struggles coming in on balls. He obviously has throwing issues. Combined, it makes him pretty bad overall. Short of Ryan Braun, he has been the worst every day 3B the NL has seen in a while.

Thank you. I had no idea. I just don't get to see him.

This completely changes how I view his importance to the team.

In this case, then I'm all for trading him, as I want at the very least a C- player defensively at 3rd Base, and then he better be in the top-third in OPS among starting 3rd baseman. I can't live with an "F" player defensively at any position, unless he's a .950+ OPS player, or the #1 Offensive Player for his position, and even then, I don't think I'd want him.

I can't stand bad defense. It doesn't win Championships. Eventually, it costs you and it puts too much pressure on the pitching staff.

Since this is a Todd Frazier thread, who do you think will be our best "defensive" third baseman in the future, Frazier, Francisco, or Soto.

dougdirt
07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Thank you. I had no idea. I just don't get to see him.

Since this is a Todd Frazier thread, who do you think will be our best "defensive" third baseman in the future, Frazier, Francisco, or Soto.

I would wager Frazier. He is average across the board on just about all of the defensive tools at 3B, but he doesn't have a weakness or two like the other two guys do.

Kingspoint
07-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I would wager Frazier. He is average across the board on just about all of the defensive tools at 3B, but he doesn't have a weakness or two like the other two guys do.

Who has the worst foot-work? Who matadors too much and is lazy with their feet?

I can personally teach good foot-work to anybody. I can't teach arm-strength or accuracy. I can't teach instincts for when to come in for the ball and where to play against a particular player. I can teach ball-release, but that comes back to foot-work and putting yourself in position for a good release. Also, I can teach quickness to your left or to your right. It helps if it's natural, but it can be taught.

The reason I ask is that I feel that person with the worst foot-work can improve quite a bit still, if he hasn't gotten to the AAA level, yet. I don't see that being taught there very much, though it does get taught there to those that need it.

Kingspoint
07-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Who has the worst foot-work? Who matadors too much and is lazy with their feet?

I can personally teach good foot-work to anybody. I can't teach arm-strength or accuracy. I can't teach instincts for when to come in for the ball and where to play against a particular player. I can teach ball-release, but that comes back to foot-work and putting yourself in position for a good release. Also, I can teach quickness to your left or to your right. It helps if it's natural, but it can be taught.

The reason I ask is that I feel that person with the worst foot-work can improve quite a bit still, if he hasn't gotten to the AAA level, yet. I don't see that being taught there very much, though it does get taught there to those that need it.

oops...I tried to edit and instead I quoted.

Homer Bailey
07-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Isn't it about time Frazier gets promoted?

Team League AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS
CAR SOU 0.313 92 352 47 110 33 1 11 51 178 31 45 7 5 0.367 0.506 0.873

GIDP
07-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Isn't it about time Frazier gets promoted?

Team League AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS
CAR SOU 0.313 92 352 47 110 33 1 11 51 178 31 45 7 5 0.367 0.506 0.873

Yes. Its not like we have any big time prospects blocking him at AAA. Especially at 3rd.

Mario-Rijo
07-24-2009, 11:16 AM

I think that is an unfair knock right there. I think he used to a bit but I don't think that is an issue at all now unless by that you mean that he doesn't at times know when to stay put and when to charge which can sometimes hurt us. His range I don't have a problem with he's not Brooks Robinson but his range is acceptable IMO. That said his throwing issues are well chronicled and that plus his lack of focus at times make him close to if not the worst defender out there. One defensive stat that is easy to follow is errors and IMO that tells the tale on Edwin. His errors are usually right with or higher than every other 3rd baseman but with far fewer chances normally.

aubashbrother
07-25-2009, 01:54 AM
whats the story on Fraziers arm ? Hows that rate .. average ?

Newman4
07-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Is Frazier completely out at SS?

GIDP
07-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Is Frazier completely out at SS?

Yes, I think he could probably play it but hes too big for him to be a MLB short stop.

GIDP
07-27-2009, 12:01 PM
The lack of Frazier at AAA makes me so angry just sitting here thinking about it. There is no reason for him to not be in position to have a good chance of being 2010s starting 3rd baseman. Maybe im just really high on Frazier.

Homer Bailey
07-27-2009, 12:36 PM
The lack of Frazier at AAA makes me so angry just sitting here thinking about it. There is no reason for him to not be in position to have a good chance of being 2010s starting 3rd baseman. Maybe im just really high on Frazier.

You kids and your slang. :p:

Benihana
07-27-2009, 12:42 PM

Agree. Why he's not playing 3B in Louisville right now is beyond me.

medford
07-27-2009, 01:32 PM
There's rumblings about the reds picking up Scott Rolen from the Jays for EE (plus more perhaps) according to some article or talk mentioned on Lance McCalister's blog. I think I saw something on here or somewhere else a few weeks back that there was interest in acquiring Rolen, who's contract expires after 2010. If there's thruth to those rumors, and the Reds are working on them, perhaps they're waiting until something is finalized either way before making the call w/ Frazier. W/ Rolen on the Reds in 2010, perhaps Frazier spends the season in AAA at 3b, or perhaps they give him a shot in LF, or perhaps it somewhat depends on how Alonso recovers and what they do w/ Votto at 1b/LF.

I guess there are lots of ways they could go w/ Frazier at this point, I don't see the need to rush him at this point. Let things sort themselves out, then move him up to AAA where he could the rest of this season and half to all of next concentrating on what position the Reds think he can help them out in 2011. If Rolen's here for 2010, perhaps they want to keep him playing LF, but don't want to rock the Stubbs/Heisey/OF situation right now so they're keeping him in AA for the time being. W/ Dickerson possibley done for the season, one of Stubbs/Heisey could be up w/ the Reds this week, making a space for Frazier to move up to AAA and showcase his talents for a 2010 spot.