PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's starter against the REDS...

Kingspoint
07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Dodgers activated RHP Jason Schmidt from the 60-day disabled list.

Schmidt's return to the rotation comes tonight against the Reds. He hasn't pitched in a major league game since 2007 while dealing with shoulder problems. For fantasy purposes, it's prudent to wait and see if he can still hack it in the major leagues. But Schmidt is definitely an intriguing no-risk pitcher for NL-only leagues if you can pluck him from your free agent pool and stash him on the bench.

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-20-2009, 09:08 PM
I say we get 2 runs on 4 hits and he will go 7 innings with 8 strikeouts.

thorn
07-20-2009, 09:36 PM
2 Runs 4 Hits, maybe. But he definetly won't go 7 innings. After being out for that long of a time, to go 7 in your first outing back is asking a lot.

Kingspoint
07-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Would love to see Owings go 7 innings tonight. He hasn't done it since May 12th at Arizona against Dan Haren.

thorn
07-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Would love to see Owings go 7 innings tonight. He hasn't done it since May 12th at Arizona against Dan Haren.

That may be asking a lot also.:)

I got a bad feeling about this series. The dodgers really are a good team, we could be swept.

Kingspoint
07-20-2009, 10:20 PM
That may be asking a lot also.:)

I got a bad feeling about this series. The dodgers really are a good team, we could be swept.

The Dodgers are a great team. We could be swept. Dusty's reliving old memories and pays less attention than he normally does.

I like our chances tonight though with Hanigan behind the plate and Owings on the mound.

I predict a line for Owings of 6-2/3; 5H, 2ER, 3BB, 4K.