PDA

View Full Version : Erin Andrews videotaped in the nude through hotel peephole

WMR
07-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Has everyone else been following this story? I'm really interested to see if they're able to catch anyone.

As someone who has seen the video, Erin has nothing to be ashamed of. Do most women do their ironing in the nude???

Can you imagine the catcalls she's going to hear for the rest of her career because of this? And she thought the drunken college students were bad before...

SeeinRed
07-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't know how long this topic will last on here, but my thoughts are could you imagine the paranoia she must be experiencing now. To not be able to even get ready inside your hotel room without having to worry about some low life trying to catch you on video in a way I'm sure she didn't even think possible.

GIDP
07-21-2009, 05:15 PM
you almost had to expect something like this to happen. Maybe not as creepy as hiding a camera or what ever but still.

Tom Servo
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
I've certainly lusted toward EA in the past, but I really do feel bad for her. That's just something you don't do, let alone put it on the internet.

Degenerate39
07-21-2009, 07:51 PM
That's terrible. Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Kingspoint
07-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Who's Erin Andrews and who cares?

Yachtzee
07-21-2009, 08:45 PM

Reporter for ESPN. While her beauty has made this story a lot more noteworthy, it's no less newsworthy because it involves someone famous. The fact that someone drilled a peephole in a hotel room wall and used it to invade the privacy of another and post it on the internet is of great concern. If it could happen to her, it could happen to you, your wife, sister, mom, etc. Imagine some pervert sees you and your attractive wife checking in to the next room and decides your evening activities would make for some great content for his website.

Reds4Life
07-21-2009, 08:51 PM
She always got the comments from guys, so I'm not sure this incident will change much. In the video, you can see her checking herself out in the mirror more than once.......she knows she looks good.

Most major hotels have video setup in all hallways, lobbies, etc, so hopefullly there is a good chance they catch the person who did it. It almost has to be an employee, or friend of an employee, to find out her room number and when she was there to actually run the tape.

Reds4Life
07-21-2009, 08:54 PM

This is the beautiful Ms. Andrews.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/erinandrews.jpg

GIDP
07-21-2009, 09:35 PM
this is getting more interesting.

Reds4Life
07-21-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure why my pic got edited to a link only. There isn't anything bad in the pic, she is fully clothed.

:confused:

Chip R
07-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure why my pic got edited to a link only. There isn't anything bad in the pic, she is fully clothed.

:confused:

We're not to post pictures of hot chicks.

George Foster
07-21-2009, 10:41 PM
I read a couple of hours ago that ESPN feels in might be someone she knows, and that knows her schedule.....another ESPN employee that travels with her and the others in the ESPN team.

This would make sense. Knowing what time she has to be at the stadium, and then knowing what time she would be getting ready to go to the stadium.

TeamSelig
07-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Man, I missed out on the video :(

Chip R
07-21-2009, 11:20 PM
I read a couple of hours ago that ESPN feels in might be someone she knows, and that knows her schedule.....another ESPN employee that travels with her and the others in the ESPN team.

This would make sense. Knowing what time she has to be at the stadium, and then knowing what time she would be getting ready to go to the stadium.

It would. I'm guessing that Erin is going to be one wealthy lady after this is settled.

Highlifeman21
07-22-2009, 01:41 PM
It would. I'm guessing that Erin is going to be one wealthy lady after this is settled.

Who's going to pony up the cash though?

I can't imagine the person doing the taping has much loot.

So who does she sue? The hotel?

Chip R
07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Who's going to pony up the cash though?

I can't imagine the person doing the taping has much loot.

So who does she sue? The hotel?

The hotel. ESPN if the guy who did it was an employee. Any internet company who got hold of the tape. The perpitrator himself.

RichRed
07-22-2009, 02:14 PM

Was she on the same assignment as Mike Tirico (http://deadspin.com/191242/here-are-those-tirico-stories-we-hinted-at-last-week), by any chance?

Chip R
07-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Was she on the same assignment as Mike Tirico (http://deadspin.com/191242/here-are-those-tirico-stories-we-hinted-at-last-week), by any chance?

LOL

cumberlandreds
07-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Or was Harold Reynolds anywhere in the vicinity? :)

Highlifeman21
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
The hotel. ESPN if the guy who did it was an employee. Any internet company who got hold of the tape. The perpitrator himself.

Fair enough

Outstanding video, btw

WVRed
07-22-2009, 03:19 PM
We're not to post pictures of hot chicks.

http://www.marketharboroughcofe.co.uk/Content/5_photos/chicks1.jpg

Seriously though, it's gotta be a pretty sucky week for Ms. Andrews. First getting hit by a foul ball and now this.

Chip R
07-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Outstanding video, btw

Haven't seen it. Although I imagine it's very flattering of her.

WVRed
07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Fair enough

Outstanding video, btw

Might want to scan your system.:)

I'd say anybody who is trying to find the video right now is having to deal with Whack-a-mole by ESPN or removing viruses from their computers.

WMR
07-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Might want to scan your system.:)

I'd say anybody who is trying to find the video right now is having to deal with Whack-a-mole by ESPN or removing viruses from their computers.

Unless of course you have a link to directly download a WMV from megaupload. :D

VR
07-22-2009, 05:43 PM
was it really through a peephole?

savafan
07-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Great career move for Miss Andrews.

Highlifeman21
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
was it really through a peephole?

Definitely voyeur POV.

Looked like it was filmed from a tiny hole, IMO.

RBA
07-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Sorry to say, anyone looking at the video is just as guilty as the person who taped it. It is at least an invasion of her privacy.

RosieRed
07-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Sorry to say, anyone looking at the video is just as guilty as the person who taped it. It is at least an invasion of her privacy.

Exactly.

Highlifeman21
07-23-2009, 09:39 AM
ESPN bans NY Post reporters over Andrews video (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/ap_on_sp_ot/us_espn_andrews_video)

ESPN banned staffers from the New York Post from appearing on any of its programming on Wednesday after the newspaper published photos this week taken from a video showing sideline reporter Erin Andrews nude in a hotel room.

The Post published three images from the blurry video Tuesday.

I'm kind of surprised the Post would publish pictures.

Then again, with journalism standards falling by the wayside lately, maybe I'm not surprised.

Redlegs23
07-23-2009, 09:41 AM

Agreed.

Chip R
07-23-2009, 09:48 AM
ESPN bans NY Post reporters over Andrews video (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/ap_on_sp_ot/us_espn_andrews_video)

I'm kind of surprised the Post would publish pictures.

Then again, with journalism standards falling by the wayside lately, maybe I'm not surprised.

It's the Post. They have no standards.

durl
07-23-2009, 10:19 AM

+1

KoryMac5
07-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Bill O'Reilly showed the video last night on his show. I have to wonder if ESPN will take the same stance with Fox as they did with the Post.

http://gawker.com/5320820/pervy-flesh+peddler-bill-oreilly-plays-erin-andrews-peephole-video-on+air

WMR
07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I can't believe anyone would be ... ... silly enough to honestly suggest that looking at the video means that you're on the same level as the person(s) who surreptitiously filmed Ms. Andrews naked in her hotel room.

One of the more asinine things I've read in a while.

Of course, fake outrage is always fun on the internets. :rolleyes:

sonny
07-23-2009, 11:34 AM

Thank you. I like the female form as much as the next guy. But this is no different if you were to climb a ladder and look into a window.

WMR
07-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Bill O'Reilly showed the video last night on his show. I have to wonder if ESPN will take the same stance with Fox as they did with the Post.

http://gawker.com/5320820/pervy-flesh+peddler-bill-oreilly-plays-erin-andrews-peephole-video-on+air

Hopefully they lock O'Reilly and those NY Post reporters in the same dungeon they throw the perpetrators of the filming. They're on the same level after all. :rolleyes:

GIDP
07-23-2009, 11:49 AM
I suspect ESPN will make themselves out to be idiots once again by the time this one is over. They are getting a little too self important all of a sudden.

Chip R
07-23-2009, 11:53 AM
I suspect ESPN will make themselves out to be idiots once again by the time this one is over. They are getting a little too self important all of a sudden.

All of a sudden?

flyer85
07-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I do have an amusing Erin story

A friend of mine takes his son to the NCAA opening game at UD Arena every year. Usually Erin is usually there as a sideline reporter. He and his son(age 6) were behind the basket and there were a lot of young men seated there. They would hoot and holler and yell stuff at Erin every time she went by. However, she wouldn't acknowledge them or look at them. Near the end of the game the crowd had dwindled and his son, who had said nothing to Erin the entire game, stood up on his seat and yelled "I love you Erin" as she walked by. My friend said that Erin stopped and looked and gave his son a big smile.

Hoosier Red
07-23-2009, 12:00 PM
How is it any better WMR? What is worse about videotaping someone than looking at it.

Think of it this way, if someone were to videotape someone in her hotel room, but then never looked at the tape and burned everything associated with the recording would you be outraged?

As a consumer for the tape,(whether you pay for it or not) you are indirectly encouraging the perv to tape it.

Chip R
07-23-2009, 12:09 PM
How is it any better WMR? What is worse about videotaping someone than looking at it.

Think of it this way, if someone were to videotape someone in her hotel room, but then never looked at the tape and burned everything associated with the recording would you be outraged?

As a consumer for the tape,(whether you pay for it or not) you are indirectly encouraging the perv to tape it.

It would be different if she posed for Playboy. That's her decision to show her nude body to all these people.

But this wasn't her decision. I haven't seen the video nor do I plan to but I'm guessing she was in a room with the door locked and the curtains drawn. She had an expectation of privacy just like any of us would have in our homes. If she were sunbathing on a nude beach, that'd be one thing but she didn't want anyone but her to see her body.

Hoosier Red
07-23-2009, 12:19 PM
It would be different if she posed for Playboy. That's her decision to show her nude body to all these people.

But this wasn't her decision. I haven't seen the video nor do I plan to but I'm guessing she was in a room with the door locked and the curtains drawn. She had an expectation of privacy just like any of us would have in our homes. If she were sunbathing on a nude beach, that'd be one thing but she didn't want anyone but her to see her body.

No I agree with you Chip. I was questioning WMR as to why its somehow not worse to look at the tape than it is to tape it in the first place.

Chip R
07-23-2009, 12:26 PM
No I agree with you Chip. I was questioning WMR as to why its somehow not worse to look at the tape than it is to tape it in the first place.

I know you were. I was just supporting your points. :thumbup:

WMR
07-23-2009, 12:31 PM

You're honestly asking me the difference between looking at a video on the internet and drilling a hole in someone's wall and videotaping them in the nude? Seriously?? I bet you can come up with some key differences between those two situations on your own.

GIDP
07-23-2009, 12:31 PM
All of a sudden?

All of a sudden even for them.

GIDP
07-23-2009, 12:33 PM
I was researching, thats why I watched it.

Chip R
07-23-2009, 12:43 PM
You're honestly asking me the difference between looking at a video on the internet and drilling a hole in someone's wall and videotaping them in the nude? Seriously?? I bet you can come up with some key differences between those two situations on your own.

A video on the internet that was taken without that person's permission.

Let's say someone had a camera in your bathroom that showed you unclothed (scary thought,. no doubnt) and they put it out there on the internet for everyone to see. Your friends, your family, your co-workers. Wouldn't you feel violated?

WMR
07-23-2009, 12:47 PM
A video on the internet that was taken without that person's permission.

Let's say someone had a camera in your bathroom that showed you unclothed (scary thought,. no doubnt) and they put it out there on the internet for everyone to see. Your friends, your family, your co-workers. Wouldn't you feel violated?

Of course. And I hope that Erin is able to make herself a few million dollars from this episode she has had to endure.

Do I think that in any way places someone who watches the video on the same level as the sinister person(s) who perpetrated this offense? Hell no.

Chip R
07-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Do I think that in any way places someone who watches the video on the same level as the sinister person(s) who perpetrated this offense? Hell no.

Sure it is. One is just a little less creepier than the other because it's basically the same thing. Only this guy had a camera at the peephole. Watching the video is basically looking in that peephole. Thare are thousands of women who are as beautiful or more beautiful than Erin Andrews that take their clothes off online for free and they are doing it on their own volition. Watch them instead of someone who didn't want to be videoed.

WMR
07-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Sure it is. One is just a little less creepier than the other because it's basically the same thing. Only this guy had a camera at the peephole. Watching the video is basically looking in that peephole. Thare are thousands of women who are as beautiful or more beautiful than Erin Andrews that take their clothes off online for free and they are doing it on their own volition. Watch them instead of someone who didn't want to be videoed.

Nah, disagree completely.

Millions of people have seen the images by this point ... 1 or 2 people were likely responsible for its creation.

Telling or expecting people to not watch videos on the internet is ludicrous, IMO, and likening anyone who has seen the video to the people who made the video is quite irresponsible.

texasdave
07-23-2009, 01:03 PM
It may not be as bad. It is still wrong.

cumberlandreds
07-23-2009, 01:53 PM
It may not be as bad. It is still wrong.

I agree with you. It's not as bad as the "filmakers" but it's not right either. At the least her privacy was invaded and the worst it was criminal. If the day ever comes that she lets everyone see her nude, via a magazine,Internet or video, then I may look. But until that time comes I will respect her privacy.

GIDP
07-23-2009, 01:54 PM
You probably have watched it or have at least tried to.

:p

cumberlandreds
07-23-2009, 02:15 PM
You probably have watched it or have at least tried to.

:p

Nope,I've not tried to find it or anything. It's up to each person's conscience on whether to seek it out and watch it and I'll leave it at that.

Highlifeman21
07-23-2009, 02:45 PM
According to ABC News, ESPN thinks it was an inside job and is investigating accordingly.

Kinda makes sense that it could be an ESPN employee.

reds44
07-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I've seen the video, judge me if you want.

It sure looked like to me that EA knew she was on camera. Who the hell irons in the nude? The way she acts and the way she moves looks like she knew something was up.

I could be off there, but it's JMO of course.

KoryMac5
07-23-2009, 04:09 PM

It sure looked like to me that EA knew she was on camera. Who the hell irons in the nude? The way she acts and the way she moves looks like she knew something was up.

Your opinion couldn't be any more off base, and demonstrates that one might want to think things through before hitting reply. To actually suggest that Erin Andrews knew something was up is blaming the victim, and down right insulting to her and others who have had their privacy violated.

P.S. Some folks do iron in the nude and I have no alternative motives for doing so. :thumbup:

Redlegs23
07-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Nah, disagree completely.

Millions of people have seen the images by this point ... 1 or 2 people were likely responsible for its creation.

Telling or expecting people to not watch videos on the internet is ludicrous, IMO, and likening anyone who has seen the video to the people who made the video is quite irresponsible.

So if someone taped your sister through a peephole in a hotel room without her knowledge and put it online you would have no problem with me watching the video? It wouldn't bother you that I'm getting thrills while watching your innocent sister walk around naked in a hotel room?

You can justify all you want, but watching that video is wrong.

Highlifeman21
07-23-2009, 05:17 PM

My take was that while she was straightening her hair (looked like a flat iron in her hand), she was checking herself out in the mirror. Turned a couple times to do so.

I can see how you could draw the conclusion though that she knew she was on camera based on her movements. Although, I like previously said, I think her movements were more of vanity than "look at me, look at me".

Reds4Life
07-23-2009, 06:50 PM
My take was that while she was straightening her hair (looked like a flat iron in her hand), she was checking herself out in the mirror. Turned a couple times to do so.

I can see how you could draw the conclusion though that she knew she was on camera based on her movements. Although, I like previously said, I think her movements were more of vanity than "look at me, look at me".

She was checking herself out for sure. She knows she looks good.

savafan
07-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Your opinion couldn't be any more off base, and demonstrates that one might want to think things through before hitting reply. To actually suggest that Erin Andrews knew something was up is blaming the victim, and down right insulting to her and others who have had their privacy violated.

P.S. Some folks do iron in the nude and I have no alternative motives for doing so. :thumbup:

Don't be so sure. Look what internet sex videos did for the careers of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. Before this whole thing is over, everyone will know who Erin Andrews is, not just those who watch ESPN/ABC sports (or spelling bees). In the entertainment business, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

savafan
07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Also, from what I understand, the video said the person in it looked an awful lot like a sports broadcaster or something like that. I haven't seen the video, but I hear that it's not the best quality, so if you can't really tell that it's Erin Andrews, then why would she not just say it wasn't her, and we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Instead, her attorney (or ESPN's attorney, don't remember which) came out right away and said it was her.

Smells fishy to me.

reds44
07-23-2009, 08:37 PM

That's fine, you are entitled to your opinon just as I am mine. If she was taped without knowing, then whoever did it is pretty sick and perverted, no doubt. What I say on here really has no effect on anything. I don't think EA is some awful person, I don't know her.

Oh, and she could have easily came out and said it wasn't me and it would have been impossible to prove otherwise. You can't tell anything other than it is a good looking blonde in a hotel room. But she didn't.

reds44
07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Also, from what I understand, the video said the person in it looked an awful lot like a sports broadcaster or something like that. I haven't seen the video, but I hear that it's not the best quality, so if you can't really tell that it's Erin Andrews, then why would she not just say it wasn't her, and we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Instead, her attorney (or ESPN's attorney, don't remember which) came out right away and said it was her.

Smells fishy to me.
Yep, exactly what I was saying.

It's impossible to indentify that the female in the video is Erin Andrews.

Scrap Irony
07-23-2009, 08:45 PM
So because she didn't lie, she's guilty of... something?

Jesus, that's harsh. Blame the victim for the crime much?

The only people guilty of something are those that taped her and those that watch said tape. It is sad what this world is coming to.

savafan
07-23-2009, 08:48 PM
TMZ has proven that it is in fact video taken in two different hotel rooms.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/21/erin-andrews-peeping-tom-naked-video-inside-job/

reds44
07-23-2009, 08:49 PM

The only people guilty of something are those that taped her and those that watch said tape. It is sad what this world is coming to.
Oh please, get off your high horse. First of all, I don't think EA committed any crime, even if she did knowingly get taped. Second of all, don't pass judgement on anybody who watched it. I was curious to see it, it's like I've watched it dozens of times for pleasure. And finally, I know EA about as well as anybody else on this site, and that is not at all. For anybody to assume they know her and she is somehow above doing something like this is just ignorant, IMO. Am I saying she did it? No, I have no idea if she did it or not. But IN MY OPINON (yes, it's America, I am allowed to have one of those) it looks like she knew she what was going on.

Yeah. Mmmhmm. Impossible she knew what was going on.

savafan
07-23-2009, 08:49 PM

It's become par for the course in Hollywood, if you want publicity, have a sex tape uncovered without your knowledge, and react as though you're shocked by it. So, I'm jaded.

Yachtzee
07-23-2009, 08:58 PM

I think the skepticism comes from the number of celebrities and media personalities who have had sex tapes allegedly stolen and posted on the internet. Pseudo-celeb expresses horror and indignation at the invasion of privacy, only to have it later come out that said celeb was in on the whole thing and used it to raise publicity. I give Ms. Andrews the benefit of the doubt, as she's a serious media personality rather than a person famous only for being rich or famous, but I think a certain amount of skepticism in these times is to be expected.

Highlifeman21
07-23-2009, 10:10 PM
I think the skepticism comes from the number of celebrities and media personalities who have had sex tapes allegedly stolen and posted on the internet. Pseudo-celeb expresses horror and indignation at the invasion of privacy, only to have it later come out that said celeb was in on the whole thing and used it to raise publicity. I give Ms. Andrews the benefit of the doubt, as she's a serious media personality rather than a person famous only for being rich or famous, but I think a certain amount of skepticism in these times is to be expected.

That might be a bit of a stretch.

Token media hottie, check.

Serious media personality, not so much.

KoryMac5
07-23-2009, 11:31 PM
That's fine, you are entitled to your opinon just as I am mine. If she was taped without knowing, then whoever did it is pretty sick and perverted, no doubt. What I say on here really has no effect on anything. I don't think EA is some awful person, I don't know her.

Oh, and she could have easily came out and said it wasn't me and it would have been impossible to prove otherwise. You can't tell anything other than it is a good looking blonde in a hotel room. But she didn't.

Absolutely she could have come out and said that the tape wasn't her. It is my understanding that the images in the video are pretty blurry, personally I have only seen the images the Post put out. That being said if she says nothing than the perp gets away with stalking her on several different occasions and invading her privacy. Takes a lot of guts for someone to come forward and face public scrutiny and embarrassment like she has.

reds44
07-23-2009, 11:59 PM
That might be a bit of a stretch.

Token media hottie, check.

Serious media personality, not so much.
She makes a living off of being hot. Period.

reds44
07-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Absolutely she could have come out and said that the tape wasn't her. It is my understanding that the images in the video are pretty blurry, personally I have only seen the images the Post put out. That being said if she says nothing than the perp gets away with stalking her on several different occasions and invading her privacy. Takes a lot of guts for someone to come forward and face public scrutiny and embarrassment like she has.
A. Your second to last sentence is definatley a fair point. If I had somebody stalking me, I probably would admit it was me to try to get them apprehended.
B. As for the last sentence, unless she wanted it to happen then it's not really embarrassment.

tyfighter
07-24-2009, 12:14 AM

just like they confirmed that Kimo Leopoldo was dead yesterday?

Dom Heffner
07-24-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't know how long this topic will last on here,

Why do people type these things?

IslandRed
07-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Don't be so sure. Look what internet sex videos did for the careers of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. Before this whole thing is over, everyone will know who Erin Andrews is, not just those who watch ESPN/ABC sports (or spelling bees). In the entertainment business, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I'm not sure Hilton and Kardashian are good comps, since their "careers" are about doing whatever it takes to get attention and they could care less who takes them seriously. I could be wrong, but I don't see that as Erin Andrews' intended career path.

Puffy
07-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I am just wondering for the people defending themselves for watching the video - if you were in a hotel and somebody was able to look through a peephole at a gorgeous woman and you were walking by and they said to you, "Dude, you've got to check out this naked chick through this hole!" Would you look?

And if you would not, how is this any different? Just asking.

And for those who think she may be in on this - how is this going to help her career? Unless you think she wants to branch out and get into movies or something, how is this going to help? She is already ESPN's top dog at sideline reporting, so she is set there. I really can only see this as hurting her in her current profession, so again, unless you think she wants out and into the movie/TV show business I just don't see it.

Yachtzee
07-24-2009, 05:14 PM
I am just wondering for the people defending themselves for watching the video - if you were in a hotel and somebody was able to look through a peephole at a gorgeous woman and you were walking by and they said to you, "Dude, you've got to check out this naked chick through this hole!" Would you look?

And if you would not, how is this any different? Just asking.

And for those who think she may be in on this - how is this going to help her career? Unless you think she wants to branch out and get into movies or something, how is this going to help? She is already ESPN's top dog at sideline reporting, so she is set there. I really can only see this as hurting her in her current profession, so again, unless you think she wants out and into the movie/TV show business I just don't see it.

I guess if you think her intended profession involves being hot, you might think its a good career move. On the other hand, if you believe she works for ESPN because she wishes to be a serious sports journalist/media professional, then I can't see how you could believe this is an intentional career move at all.

Boston Red
07-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I guess if you think her intended profession involves being hot, you might think its a good career move. On the other hand, if you believe she works for ESPN because she wishes to be a serious sports journalist/media professional, then I can't see how you could believe this is an intentional career move at all.

Which do you think it is? Do you think she has that job absent her appearance?

Reds4Life
07-24-2009, 05:58 PM

If she used her looks to get ahead, more power to her. Use it while you can.

One female sports writer was on the radio yesterday and blamed the whole thing on Erin, saying she dresses "provocatively" and brought it on herself. I have seen a lot of her on TV, and I've seen her a few times in person at different sporting events, and I've never seen anything wrong with the way she dresses. She dresses well, sure, but nothing over the line. I've never seen her out there struting around in mini skirts, or tops with clevage hanging out. What do they want her to wear, a black trash bag with some duct tape to hold it up?

Could just be my male opinion of course.

Yachtzee
07-24-2009, 06:53 PM

Should it matter? The folks at ESPN probably took her looks into consideration, but I think the important factor to consider is whether she takes her job seriously.

savafan
07-24-2009, 07:04 PM
If she used her looks to get ahead, more power to her. Use it while you can.

One female sports writer was on the radio yesterday and blamed the whole thing on Erin, saying she dresses "provocatively" and brought it on herself. I have seen a lot of her on TV, and I've seen her a few times in person at different sporting events, and I've never seen anything wrong with the way she dresses. She dresses well, sure, but nothing over the line. I've never seen her out there struting around in mini skirts, or tops with clevage hanging out. What do they want her to wear, a black trash bag with some duct tape to hold it up?

Could just be my male opinion of course.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/07/erin-andrews-was-clubhouse-distraction.html

http://jezebel.com/5034377/espn-reporter-publicly-flogged-for-wearing-low+cut-dress-in-locker-room

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/andrewsreact.html

http://deadspin.com/5032584/the-erin-andrews-floozy+dress-mess-gets-dissected-from-all-angles

http://deadspin.com/5031564/the-erin-andrews-backlash-has-officially-beguns

Reds4Life
07-24-2009, 08:35 PM
http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/07/erin-andrews-was-clubhouse-distraction.html

http://jezebel.com/5034377/espn-reporter-publicly-flogged-for-wearing-low+cut-dress-in-locker-room

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/andrewsreact.html

http://deadspin.com/5032584/the-erin-andrews-floozy+dress-mess-gets-dissected-from-all-angles

http://deadspin.com/5031564/the-erin-andrews-backlash-has-officially-beguns

She's wearing a dress, get real. I've seen women wear similar dresses in an office environment.

That is hardly skanky or out of line.

savafan
07-24-2009, 08:49 PM
She's wearing a dress, get real. I've seen women wear similar dresses in an office environment.

That is hardly skanky or out of line.

I'm just pointing out the comments where those who were present stated their feelings on the subject.

Matt700wlw
07-26-2009, 02:32 AM
Still haven't seen it.

That's a bummer!

MJA
07-27-2009, 02:56 AM

I think people are confusing "journalist" with "sideline reporter".

Sideline reporter is one of the easiest professions in the media, you ask the same cliche questions day after day and occasionally say a couple sentences in the middle of the game. She got the job because of looks foremost and her sports knowledge second.

That doesn't really matter though, it has nothing to do with the tape and whether watching it makes you guilty or not. I'll go right ahead and say I watched it, as I'm sure every other 18 year old male did. Still, I can't say this is the same as being the one who made the actual tape.

When you buy something from a company that pays kids 10 cents a day to make shoes or other products, are you just as guilty as the company since you bought the product?

You could argue that those people are worse than the ones who watched the Erin Andrews tape, at least she is being paid well. We just don't like to talk about that since it happens all the time and we as a society have accepted that as ok while nudity is still taboo.

Scrap Irony
07-27-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't think people have a problem with nudity, MJA. We have a problem with purposefully clicking on a link that is sure to show someone who does not know they're being recorded.

Think of it this way-- if you did it in person, would it be crime?

In this case, the answer is easy. Yes.

And I'm not talking about "role playing" or any of that other stuff. Those girls are "acting" and accept that they're selling a product. Andrews was selling nothing in her hotel room. She was simply a victim.

That's my problem with it.

Yachtzee
07-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I think people are confusing "journalist" with "sideline reporter".

Sideline reporter is one of the easiest professions in the media, you ask the same cliche questions day after day and occasionally say a couple sentences in the middle of the game. She got the job because of looks foremost and her sports knowledge second.

People seeking a job in tv sports journalism have to start somewhere. You don't get to start out behind the desk or in the booth. You have to cut your teeth on the sidelines and doing features first. It's not unlike the newbie on the evening news having to start out on puff pieces until they can move up to more serious stuff and then weekend anchor. In Ms. Andrews case, she comes from a journalist family, with her father being a long time investigative reporter for a TV station in Tampa. Also, she's probably been offered substantial money from Playboy, having won their "America's Sexiest Sportscaster" vote two years in a row. The fact she hasn't taken it should tell you where her heart lies. The fact that she's often limited to the cliches that other sideline reporters use is more likely the nature of the business. If a sideline reporter gets too tough on these guys, they risk being frozen out, which would be disastrous for a sideline reporter.

MJA
07-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't think people have a problem with nudity, MJA. We have a problem with purposefully clicking on a link that is sure to show someone who does not know they're being recorded.

Think of it this way-- if you did it in person, would it be crime?

In this case, the answer is easy. Yes.

And I'm not talking about "role playing" or any of that other stuff. Those girls are "acting" and accept that they're selling a product. Andrews was selling nothing in her hotel room. She was simply a victim.

That's my problem with it.

I know its not about the nudity, and its why I posted my example of buying items from companies that take advantage of child labor. In both cases you are being an accessory to a crime (If we go with the opinion that reaping the benefits of a crime is the same as committing the crime) but because we buy things all the time its not a big deal to us.

I just think people are being hypocritical.

Eric_the_Red
07-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I know its not about the nudity, and its why I posted my example of buying items from companies that take advantage of child labor. In both cases you are being an accessory to a crime (If we go with the opinion that reaping the benefits of a crime is the same as committing the crime) but because we buy things all the time its not a big deal to us.

I just think people are being hypocritical.

Legally buying a product, regardless of who made it, is not a crime. Viewing someone naked in private is a crime.

Poor comparison.

All you video watchers, try again to defend your actions.

MJA
07-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Legally buying a product, regardless of who made it, is not a crime. Viewing someone naked in private is a crime.

Poor comparison.

Is it even true that watching said video online is illegal? Have you ever seen someone get arrested for watching an online video? No, and thats because its not the same thing as making the video.

Anyway, watching a video of someone nude against their wishes is better than supporting a company that basically employs child slaves, if you want to go down the moral route.

Its all about perspective.

Scrap Irony
07-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey, I did something wrong in viewing the video, but, since everyone else does wrong things, it makes it okay to watch the video that I really wanted to watch.

I get it, man. You wanted to watch the video. But insisting that every 16-year-old would have done the same thing or slave profiteering through tennis shoes is more wrong is grasping at straws.

It was wrong.

We all make mistakes. And, even if it felt good, it was still a mistake. No biggie. Learn something from it.

Highlifeman21
07-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey, I did something wrong in viewing the video, but, since everyone else does wrong things, it makes it okay to watch the video that I really wanted to watch.

I get it, man. You wanted to watch the video. But insisting that every 16-year-old would have done the same thing or slave profiteering through tennis shoes is more wrong is grasping at straws.

It was wrong.

We all make mistakes. And, even if it felt good, it was still a mistake. No biggie. Learn something from it.

Watch your step when you come down from your high horse.

GIDP
07-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm watching it again right now.

sonny
07-28-2009, 01:51 PM
I guess I just don't understand the stance on the ones watching this thing. In essence, YOU are invading her privacy. Is it illegal to watch from the privacy of your own home? I don't know, but it sure as hell is distasteful.

The arguments provided by the pro-video folks is rather weak. Basically, you have said it is okay to spy on a woman in the privacy of her hotel room.

I just don't get it.

*BaseClogger*
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
I guess I just don't understand the stance on the ones watching this thing.

She's famous. She's hot. She's naked. What's so confusing?

Highlifeman21
07-28-2009, 02:38 PM
She's famous. She's hot. She's naked. What's so confusing?

I forget who said it in this thread, but how many of us would NOT go take a peek if someone we knew said "Hey, come look at this"?

The fact that she's hot is just icing on the cake. I'm more concerned with the people pretending they wouldn't look, or haven't looked.

It'd be one thing if you're watching the video clip 24/7 like a voyeur stalker, but if you saw it once out of curiosity, then what the heck is the problem?

Humans are curious by nature, right?

To the best of my knowledge, none of us spied on her and made the video, so it's completely different if you're just a casual viewer.

GIDP
07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
I'd never set up some camera and do this, but its not because I have morals, I just wouldnt want to be caught.

Eric_the_Red
07-28-2009, 03:20 PM
The fact that she's hot is just icing on the cake. I'm more concerned with the people pretending they wouldn't look, or haven't looked.

I wouldn't look, haven't looked, and am not "pretending". Why would that concern you?

I'd never set up some camera and do this, but its not because I have morals, I just wouldnt want to be caught.

Which tells me all I need to know about you.

GIDP
07-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't look, haven't looked, and am not "pretending". Why would that concern you?

Which tells me all I need to know about you.

:eek:

RBA
07-28-2009, 05:40 PM

Poor comparison.

And according to legal analyst it is a crime to seek out and watch the video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/21/crimesider/entry5177132.shtml

You're Busted! Watching Erin Andrew's Naked Video is a Crime

NEW YORK (CBS) As more people click on or search for the video that shows ESPN reporter Erin Andrews walking naked around a hotel room, many online viewers don’t realize they are actually breaking the law.

"The Early Show" spoke with CBS News Legal Analyst Lisa Bloom, who said downloading or watching the nude Erin Andrews video is illegal.

"Its like buying or selling stolen property," said Bloom. "If you know you are buying something that was stolen... you could be liable criminally and civilly."

More at link...

GIDP
07-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Who bought anything?

TeamSelig
07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm watching it again right now.

LOL

RosieRed
07-28-2009, 08:04 PM

But if you knew you wouldn't get caught, you would go commit this crime? :rolleyes:

How sad. And stupid.

RosieRed
07-28-2009, 08:09 PM
LOL

Yeah, it's so funny. Keep it up. Pretty soon you guys can really have an all-boys club here. May as well just tack up the sign right now.

MJA
07-28-2009, 08:20 PM
How about this then, any of you guys gamble on sports with friends? Do you join a March Madness bracket, for cash, every year? Guess what guys, thats illegal too!

Boss-Hog
07-28-2009, 08:23 PM
If you can't be civil to those who disagree with however it is you feel about this, well, don't say you weren't warned.

GIDP
07-28-2009, 08:28 PM
But if you knew you wouldn't get caught, you would go commit this crime? :rolleyes:

How sad. And stupid.

Im not afraid of the crime really. If I found pictures of my friends girlfriend on his computer or one of my friends found them Id look but it doesnt mean im going to searching for them or setting up the camera to get it.

Plus being the guy to get busted isnt worth the effort.

RosieRed
07-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Im not afraid of the crime really. If I found pictures of my friends girlfriend on his computer or one of my friends found them Id look but it doesnt mean im going to searching for them or setting up the camera to get it.

Plus being the guy to get busted isnt worth the effort.

Do you even hear what you're saying?

GIDP
07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Do you even hear what you're saying?

Yes.

guttle11
07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Do you join a March Madness bracket, for cash, every year?

No it's not. It's only illegal if a "house" takes a cut of the money.

MJA
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
No it's not. It's only illegal if a "house" takes a cut of the money.

That's actually incorrect

http://www.gambling911.com/031006inews.html

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/17/news/economy/ncaa.fortune/index.htm

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2825646

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008881265_webofficepools18m.html

All say that participating in a bracket is technically illegal, no matter what.

All you bracket participants, try again to defend your actions. :)

savafan
07-28-2009, 11:59 PM
I see both viewpoints. Our morals are dictated by each of us individually based on our own personal beliefs.

The law is the law. Working for a law firm as I do, and standing on my own morals, I chose to not view the video.

I won't personally condemn anyone who has, nor will I argue with anyone who feels strongly against it.

We make our own decisions, and we're each individually left to live with the consequences, look at ourselves in the mirror and try to sleep at night.

reds44
07-29-2009, 12:46 AM
This thread is kind of funny. You have such different view points of it.

TeamSelig
07-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, it's so funny. Keep it up. Pretty soon you guys can really have an all-boys club here. May as well just tack up the sign right now.

wahhhhh, don't open the the thread... I'm just laughing at some off the wall comments

TeamCasey
07-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Who the hell irons in the nude?

I've tried ironing with my clothes on. It hurt like hell!

RosieRed
07-29-2009, 09:15 PM
wahhhhh, don't open the the thread... I'm just laughing at some off the wall comments

Blah blah blah. Sorry I spoiled the "fun." :rolleyes:

reds44
07-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Not going to lie, after reading this I felt bad.

Dispatcher: DeKalb 911. What's the address of your emergency?

Andrews: Um, I was in the news recently about being in a hotel naked, and I have paparazzi outside my window, and I was told by law enforcement that if I did to call 911.

Dispatcher: Do you want to meet with an officer?

Dispatcher: Do you want to meet with an officer, ma'am, when they come out?

Andrews: Yeah, these guys are sitting in a car outside my house right now. I would like to tell the officer to have them leave because the cops have told me to call 911 if they're outside my house.

Dispatcher: And what's your name?

Andrews: My name is Erin. My last name is Andrews. I'm all over the news right now.

Dispatcher: I'm not familiar.

Andrews: I'm the girl that was videotaped without her knowing, without her clothes on in the hotel.

Dispatcher: Really?

Andrews: And I've got two *******s sitting outside my house.

Dispatcher: I'm so sorry.

Andrews: I am, too. Thank you.

Dispatcher: We'll send someone out. What kind of vehicle are they in?

Andrews: They're in a RAV, a white RAV4. I'm in a gated community, and I don't know how they got in. Mom, can you see their license plates? It's a handicap license plate they have. What's the license plate number?

Dispatcher: What's the tag number?

Andrews: We're trying to see. Do you see it, Mom? OK, I'm gonna try and go to another room and see if I can read it. I can't believe these jerks are knocking on my door. ****ing *******s. Mom, you're totally being obvious.

Dispatcher: Are they black, white or Hispanic?

Andrews: What?

Dispatcher: Are they black, white or Hispanic?

Andrews: They're both white males. I think it's — they know I'm here, 'cause I have a car out front. So they know I'm inside. I have private security that I'm working with, but they're not with me currently, and they said call 911. OK, here's the license plate. It's a handicap license plate for Georgia.

Andrews: They're looking at me through my window.

Dispatcher: Are you OK?

Andrews: Yeah, I'm just — I did nothing wrong, and I'm being treated like ****ing Britney Spears, and it sucks. I'm sorry.

Dispatcher: OK, the first available unit will see you as soon as possible.

Andrews: Thanks. Do you know how far they're out?

Dispatcher: No. They should be in — they'll be here as soon as possible.

Andrews: OK.

Dispatcher: OK, thank you.

Andrews: Thanks.

TMZ says the reporters left without incident. To the lunatic fringe .
out there that believes beyond all reason and sense that Erin Andrews is somehow basking in the attention now, I think "Mom, can you see their license plates?" is a pretty clear rejoinder
http://deadspin.com/5325885/erin-andrews-911-call-im-being-treated-like-****ing-britney-spears

CTA513
07-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Not going to lie, after reading this I felt bad.

http://deadspin.com/5325885/erin-andrews-911-call-im-being-treated-like-****ing-britney-spears

She already has it bad enough with the video but now she has to deal with that crap?
I hope she gets some male family members or friends to stay at her house with her.

guttle11
07-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Not gonna lie, the first thing I thought when reading that was a small stack of money with eyes. Am I a horrible person?

GIDP
07-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Not gonna lie, the first thing I thought when reading that was a small stack of money with eyes. Am I a horrible person?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It always feels like some bodys watching meeeeeeee

:laugh:

savafan
07-30-2009, 12:07 AM
I guess I don't understand what the reporters were hoping to get. I mean, and I'm being totally serious, were they expecting her to do nude ironing in the living room with open curtains of her mom's house? Geez

MJA
07-30-2009, 12:33 AM
I guess I don't understand what the reporters were hoping to get. I mean, and I'm being totally serious, were they expecting her to do nude ironing in the living room with open curtains of her mom's house? Geez

Its a shame, if the press doesn't let up I seriously doubt she will be able to continue her job–unless she goes to writing columns.

I have a feeling though that the public is 100% behind her, she might have a shot.

TC81190
07-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Maybe the best post on RedsZone, ever.

RosieRed
07-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Maybe the best post on RedsZone, ever.

Someone saying they would illegally videotape women is the best post on RZ ever? Really?

This is sickening.

MJA
07-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Someone saying they would illegally videotape women is the best post on RZ ever? Really?

This is sickening.

He was joking, I think your taking this whole situation a little too much to heart.

RosieRed
07-30-2009, 03:05 AM
He was joking, I think your taking this whole situation a little too much to heart.

Oh, right. Of course.

Sorry that reading about how guys would knowingly commit this crime and SUPPORT it having happened isn't funny to me. It's disgusting, in fact. There are kids on this board. And women. And men who don't agree with this either. And yet people are sitting here laughing about this event and acting like it's not only no big deal, but perfectly okay. And it's not, and I will say so all the live long day.

MJA
07-30-2009, 03:17 AM
I don't think many people "support" this crime at all, what people are simply saying is that watching the video is not the same as actually buying the equipment and spying on Andrews; and those people are right.

People have made the argument that its illegal so you shouldn't break the law, and I showed them how taking part in a March Madness bracket is illegal–by providing them with multiple links proving my point. Before that, I argued that this is no worse morally then buying from a company who employ child labor.

My point is that we do things are technically illegal and morally dubious all the time, but its only when those morally dubious and technically illegal activities aren't apart of our every day life that people get in an uproar.

Its terrible that this happened to Erin Andrews and I hope her career recovers, but the morality police would do themselves and others a much better service by targeting other problems–Companies that take advantage of children, the poor in this country etc....–with as much vigor as they do this.

savafan
07-30-2009, 03:24 AM
The more I find out, the worse I feel for Ms. Andrews. I retract my belief that this was a publicity stunt.

savafan
07-30-2009, 03:27 AM
Its terrible that this happened to Erin Andrews and I hope her career recovers, but the morality police would do themselves and others a much better service by targeting other problems–Companies that take advantage of children, the poor in this country etc....–with as much vigor as they do this.

Let's be honest, bad taste and reprehensible action is what it is. Let's just admit that men have two heads, but only enough blood in the body to think with one at a time...and that is why we have the reputation that we do.

MJA
07-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Let's be honest, bad taste and reprehensible action is what it is. Let's just admit that men have two heads, but only enough blood in the body to think with one at a time...and that is why we have the reputation that we do.

For me, it was more about curiosity, I watched it once and then deleted it off my computer. I would never do what that guy did and I don't think I would feel comfortable viewing a naked chick through a window my friend found, Thats just me. If she wasn't famous, i don't think I would have watched and you can blame our celebrity focused society or the voyeuristic approach of the media, the point is I don't know where the impulse comes from but I had it.

I agree its bad taste to watch, but I have a problem with people equating watching with committing the crime in person, that to me is not a fair statement at all.

RosieRed
07-30-2009, 03:42 AM
I don't think many people "support" this crime at all, what people are simply saying is that watching the video is not the same as actually buying the equipment and spying on Andrews; and those people are right.

Watching it = supporting it.

MJA
07-30-2009, 03:44 AM
Watching it = supporting it.

I guess we can agree to disagree, I personally don't feel that way but I can understand why someone else would feel differently.

guttle11
07-30-2009, 08:07 AM

They're just looking for anything that would sell to a gossip rag. Those people, while pretty sleazy, aren't nearly as bad as someone videotaping her naked for personal pleasure.

westofyou
07-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Oh, right. Of course.

Sorry that reading about how guys would knowingly commit this crime and SUPPORT it having happened isn't funny to me. It's disgusting, in fact. There are kids on this board. And women. And men who don't agree with this either. And yet people are sitting here laughing about this event and acting like it's not only no big deal, but perfectly okay. And it's not, and I will say so all the live long day.

I'm with you Rosie, threads like this help me hone in on who I'll be ignoring from now on.

GIDP
07-30-2009, 10:18 AM

This is sickening.

to be fair I said I wouldn't do it because i wouldn't want to get caught.

Its not morals stopping me its the fact that it is illegal and frowned upon by others.

Scrap Irony
07-30-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm with you Rosie, threads like this help me hone in on who I'll be ignoring from now on.

+1

KoryMac5
07-30-2009, 11:21 AM
For anyone out there that thinks this is still kinda funny. Have someone you know read the 911 transcript aloud to you. Than pretend that Ms. Andrews is your wife, mother, or sister. If your still laughing after that or trying to justify your actions your beyond help and I feel sorry for you.

GIDP
07-30-2009, 11:26 AM
I didnt record her, I didnt pay someone to do it, I didnt sit outside her house. No reason to justify those actions because they arent my actions.

Eric_the_Red
07-30-2009, 11:30 AM
+2.

I really think some opinions in this thread could present a hostile environment to many RZers. It's one thing to have a lack of morals but flaunting/boasting to others that are offended by your opinion shows a stunning lack of regard for others, and a stunning lack of character, IMO.

And you can say "don't read the thread". Which is fine. But I don't want to give the impression to visitors of RZ that this is the mentality of the average RZ member. So I and others have an obligation to post our dissenting opinions, and hopefully drown the neanderthals out.

Eric_the_Red
07-30-2009, 11:35 AM
I didnt record her, I didnt pay someone to do it, I didnt sit outside her house. No reason to justify those actions because they arent my actions.

You watched someone that was naked WITHOUT HER PERMISSION. How hard is that to understand? Regardless of HOW you did it, you still did it. You can try to rationalize it all you want to help you sleep at night.

dabvu2498
07-30-2009, 11:37 AM
+2. I really think some opinions in this thread could present a hostile environment to many RZers. It's one thing to have a lack of morals but flaunting/boasting to others that are offended by your opinion shows a stunning lack of regard for others, and a stunning lack of character, IMO. And you can say "don't read the thread". Which is fine. But I don't want to give the impression to visitors of RZ that this is the mentality of the average RZ member. So I and others have an obligation to post our dissenting opinions, and hopefully drown the neanderthals out. +3 Well said.

GIDP
07-30-2009, 11:47 AM
You watched someone that was naked WITHOUT HER PERMISSION. How hard is that to understand? Regardless of HOW you did it, you still did it. You can try to rationalize it all you want to help you sleep at night.

I didnt sit outside her house, I didnt video her, I didnt have anything to do with the video being made. I have no actions to justify other than that I watched it. I watched the Paris Hilton tape, and im sure a large majority did also. I dont think they are completely the same but we didnt have permission to see that either but im sure plenty of you have. This high and mighty kick is laughable. Give me greif for watching it fine. I already stated if I found nude shots of my friends GF on his computer id look at them also. It doesnt mean im going to go searching for them though.

dabvu2498
07-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Would you go to your friend's house to watch tv if you knew the tv was stolen? Would you steal the tv yourself if you knew you would get away with it?

GIDP
07-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Would you go to your friend's house to watch tv if you knew the tv was stolen? Would you steal the tv yourself if you knew you would get away with it?

Id go to his house yes, and if I knew I wouldnt get caught id probably steal it also.

I wouldnt be actively looking for a TV to steal though, or scheming to even. Just like I wouldnt be telling him "Hey man steal a TV so we can watch it". Id rob a bank if I could get away with it and never be caught also. I really doubt a lot of you wouldn't. I have never stolen anything, but I wouldnt be surprised if I own something that has been stolen. I dont see the connection really.

dabvu2498
07-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Id go to his house yes, and if I knew I wouldnt get caught id probably steal it also. I wouldnt be actively looking for a TV to steal though, or scheming to even. Just like I wouldnt be telling him "Hey man steal a TV so we can watch it". Id rob a bank if I could get away with it and never be caught also. I really doubt a lot of you wouldn't. I have never stolen anything, but I wouldnt be surprised if I own something that has been stolen. I dont see the connection really. Stolen property and stolen privacy are close enough for me to see a connection.

Eric_the_Red
07-30-2009, 12:33 PM
I didnt sit outside her house, I didnt video her, I didnt have anything to do with the video being made. I have no actions to justify other than that I watched it. I watched the Paris Hilton tape, and im sure a large majority did also. I dont think they are completely the same but we didnt have permission to see that either but im sure plenty of you have. This high and mighty kick is laughable. Give me greif for watching it fine. I already stated if I found nude shots of my friends GF on his computer id look at them also. It doesnt mean im going to go searching for them though.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Roy Tucker
07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't think its being high and mighty. I think its more having a conscience.

Hey, I'll admit to when I saw the headline to this thread I thought "woo, Erin Andrews, naked? hmmm, tell me more". I then read the article and the circumstances and sat back and thought. Took a minute, but I came to the conclusion of "well, that's just not right".

It would be one thing if they were old professional model photos or college art film from early on or even if she got wasted at some bar in Cancun and took off her shirt. Something like that may be construed as being in the public domain and taking a look at it may be defensible (maybe not morally, but at least legally).

But it was none of those things. She was in the privacy of her own room and had no intent of being on public display. There are laws against what was done to her. It was illegal. Taking a look at this video implicitly condones what was done and also helps create a market for these kinds of things. Its just wrong.

GIDP
07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Stolen property and stolen privacy are close enough for me to see a connection.

I see a connection between humans and apes also.

dabvu2498
07-30-2009, 12:44 PM
I see a connection between humans and apes also. Ummm...

GIDP
07-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't think its being high and mighty. I think its more having a conscience.

Hey, I'll admit to when I saw the headline to this thread I thought "woo, Erin Andrews, naked? hmmm, tell me more". I then read the article and the circumstances and sat back and thought. Took a minute, but I came to the conclusion of "well, that's just not right".

It would be one thing if they were old professional model photos or college art film from early on or even if she got wasted at some bar in Cancun and took off her shirt. Something like that may be construed as being in the public domain and taking a look at it may be defensible (maybe not morally, but at least legally).

But it was none of those things. She was in the privacy of her own room and had no intent of being on public display. There are laws against what was done to her. It was illegal. Taking a look at this video implicitly condones what was done and also helps create a market for these kinds of things. Its just wrong.
Fair enough, but then again who created the market? Was there a market before the video came out? If anything the way she is marketed has some blame here also if we want to get into that type of game. I wont disagree that the video is wrong, and the person who did it deserves to get into trouble. I just dont agree with the whole discussion revolving around how if you watch it you are just as bad as the person who made it.

Hoosier Red
07-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Fair enough, but then again who created the market? Was there a market before the video came out? If anything the way she is marketed has some blame here also if we want to get into that type of game. I wont disagree that the video is wrong, and the person who did it deserves to get into trouble. I just dont agree with the whole discussion revolving around how if you watch it you are just as bad as the person who made it.

Nah, that's a weak excuse. Your defense has boiled down to basically "Yeah well everyone wants to see Erin Andrews naked."
This may very well be true, but if setting up a camera to look through a peep hole is wrong, being the 2nd or the 2,000,000,000,000th to look through the camera lens is equally wrong.

MJA
07-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Nah, that's a weak excuse. Your defense has boiled down to basically "Yeah well everyone wants to see Erin Andrews naked."
This may very well be true, but if setting up a camera to look through a peep hole is wrong, being the 2nd or the 2,000,000,000,000th to look through the camera lens is equally wrong.

See, I disagree completely with that. As I said before, I watched the video once out of curiosity and deleted it.

Was it wrong? Probably and I don't feel good or happy that I watched it, and I would say I feel worse now that idiots are stalking her, but I still don't think they are equivalent crimes. I'll also say that I watched it so that when me and my friends talked about it, I would know what exactly happened. Once again, probably wrong but I don't think what I did was heinous.

Also, I think its a bit harsh to judge members on one thread alone, I would consider myself a "good" person but this one thread has apparently caused people to view me as someone who should be ignored. I don't think thats fair and I hope you guys are willing to look past this.

Roy Tucker
07-30-2009, 02:05 PM

And for the marketed reason, that dog don't hunt for me.

OK fine, I can see someone holding up a banner at a basketball game saying "Erin is hot" or setting up a Eric Andrews tribute web site or some other nonsense. The fact that she is an attractive woman has something to do with her being on TV. But by no means does that justify breaking the law and committing felonies to violate her privacy.

Whether or not those acts are comparable to viewing the videos is something you'll have to ask yourself when you look in the mirror.

GIDP
07-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Fair enough. We dont agree, and nothing I say will change your mind, and nothing you say will change mine.

TC81190
07-30-2009, 02:33 PM

This is sickening.
Actually, due to the context of it, someone bluntly stating they have no morals, in what is quite possibly the most brutally honest statement I have ever seen posted on here, is quite hilarious.

Highlifeman21
07-30-2009, 04:05 PM
+2.

I really think some opinions in this thread could present a hostile environment to many RZers. It's one thing to have a lack of morals but flaunting/boasting to others that are offended by your opinion shows a stunning lack of regard for others, and a stunning lack of character, IMO.

And you can say "don't read the thread". Which is fine. But I don't want to give the impression to visitors of RZ that this is the mentality of the average RZ member. So I and others have an obligation to post our dissenting opinions, and hopefully drown the neanderthals out.

Really....

So lemme get this straight... you'd rather everyone on RZ have and express the same opinion, perspective, POV, etc?

How Socialist/Communist of you...

Did you get your opinions from Mao's little red book?

I'm amused by all the moral outrage expressed in this thread.

Big difference between taking/making the video, posting the video to the internet, and watching the video.

Pretty sure the ones that have seen the video fall into that 3rd category, which is far less offensive IMO than taking/making the video or distributing the video on the internet.

But apparently some treat watching the video the same as making/taking the video? I just don't get it.

Eric_the_Red
07-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Highlifeman21, please work on your reading comprehension skills. I never suggested everyone should have the "same opinion, perspective, POV". I have no idea how you even came to that conclusion.

My point is that some RZ visitors and even some RZ members could be so turned off by some of what is being presented in this thread that they do not return to RZ, and that is why I am so adament about expressing a differing opinion.

And I find it interesting that morals are so amusing to you.

Highlifeman21
07-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Highlifeman21, please work on your reading comprehension skills. I never suggested everyone should have the "same opinion, perspective, POV". I have no idea how you even came to that conclusion.

My point is that some RZ visitors and even some RZ members could be so turned off by some of what is being presented in this thread that they do not return to RZ, and that is why I am so adament about expressing a differing opinion.

And I find it interesting that morals are so amusing to you.

I'd say it's more on the RZ visitors and RZ members if they are going to judge the quality of RZ on the thoughts, feelings, morals, etc of individual posters within 1 thread.

Talk about small sample size, no?

Morals are very amusing to me, b/c they are very much subjective in the fact that they cannot be objectively proven.

It's hard for me to understand at times how people believe we live in a black and white world when IMO the world is various shades of gray.

Eric_the_Red
07-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Okay, so it isn't the content in threads but how many people express that opinion? So it would be okay for an individual poster to start a thread about how much he hates a certain race, religion, etc? After all, it is just one individuals thoughts and subjective morals.

*BaseClogger*
07-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Okay, so it isn't the content in threads but how many people express that opinion? So it would be okay for an individual poster to start a thread about how much he hates a certain race, religion, etc? After all, it is just one individuals thoughts and subjective morals.

It should be okay (freedom of expression) so that we could discuss it with them, but it's against RZ rules...

Highlifeman21
07-30-2009, 04:46 PM

That's what the Peanut Gallery is for.

And I really hope you're not trying to categorize me into hating a certain race, religion, etc...

If people are going to an internet sports/baseball forum to push a moral agenda, then wow.

Eric_the_Red
07-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Who is pushing a moral agenda? A thread where posters are taking obvious pleasure in watching a nude woman filmed without her knowledge seems questionable at best. I mean, how do those type of posts present a different impression than posting pictures of "hotties", which is not allowed here, IIRC?

Boston Red
07-30-2009, 05:05 PM
how do those type of posts present a different impression than posting pictures of "hotties", which is not allowed here, IIRC?

Posting pictures of hotties is not allowed?!? :thumbdown

MJA
07-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Who is pushing a moral agenda? A thread where posters are taking obvious pleasure in watching a nude woman filmed without her knowledge seems questionable at best. I mean, how do those type of posts present a different impression than posting pictures of "hotties", which is not allowed here, IIRC?

Where are these litany of posters that are "taking obvious pleasure" in watching this video? The only person i can think of is GIDP and he certainly isn't his own one man army. You are fighting an enemy that simply isn't there.

I do find the morality police stationed at Mt. Pious hilarious at this point. Why do you guys continue to support companies that employ child laborers for 10 cents a day? I can't believe we have such immoral people who use this board! I keep hammering that point home because morally, thats worse than watching 10 famous nude women without their permission, but because we support these companies every day we don't really care.

It kind of reminds me of the Mike Vick situation, if Vick had been killing cows or chickens no one would have really cared, but because he killed fido people were in a uproar. DUI on the other hand doesn't get nearly the same amount of scrutiny, even when players kill another person.

Think about this for a second, Donte Stallworth spent 24 days in jail for killing someone under the influence, while Mike Vick was in 18 months.

Society has determined that killing dogs is worse than killing a person, it just goes to show that morals are subjective! I think killing a person is worse, even if its a DUI, but a lot of fan reaction tells me otherwise. I don't go about yelling how those people are immoral, I accept that they have a different view than me.

TC81190
07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Really....

So lemme get this straight... you'd rather everyone on RZ have and express the same opinion, perspective, POV, etc?

How Socialist/Communist of you...

Did you get your opinions from Mao's little red book?

I'm amused by all the moral outrage expressed in this thread.

Big difference between taking/making the video, posting the video to the internet, and watching the video.

Pretty sure the ones that have seen the video fall into that 3rd category, which is far less offensive IMO than taking/making the video or distributing the video on the internet.

But apparently some treat watching the video the same as making/taking the video? I just don't get it.

Seriously.

This might possibly be the most thin skinned message board on the internet.

RosieRed
07-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Seriously.

This might possibly be the most thin skinned message board on the internet.

Which might be why so many people like RZ. Most BS and typical message board behavior isn't (usually) tolerated here.

MJA
07-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Which might be why so many people like RZ. Most BS and typical message board behavior isn't (usually) tolerated here.

I don't see whats wrong with what people are saying, no one is calling each others names or threatening each other, just simply stating an opinion that you don't agree with. I don't begrudge your opinion, but you seem to be saying that anyone who thinks watching the video isn't as bad as a crime as making it has zero morals when you don't know anything else about me/us.

Raisor
07-30-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm with WOY, my ignore list is about to get awfully long.

GIDP
07-30-2009, 09:02 PM
I dont think watching the video is as bad as setting up the camera and actually taping it. If you dont see the difference I see or other see thats perfectly fine.

There are people in the world who think gun makers are just as bad as murderers. Its all personal feelings.

That said I'm pretty sure there is things you guys do that I would probably view as bad. You will never change someones opinion on this probably no reason for us to keep going on about it.

MJA
07-30-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm with WOY, my ignore list is about to get awfully long.

I'm not sure if thats directed at me, but have I really done anything that badly? Just because we disagree doesn't mean you should put me on ignore, that seems to be a bit of an overreaction.

savafan
07-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I think this thread has outlived its usefulness...not that it ever had any to begin with.

westofyou
07-30-2009, 09:55 PM
If this thread gets closed then that's silly, that said some of folks have a different idea of privacy then I do.

I guess I'm old school, I expect folks to be able to lock their hotel room door and not be filmed or if I am make it out like I deserve it based on who I am.

Silly me, I respect people.

Damn I'm a chump.

Dom Heffner
07-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I dont think watching the video is as bad as setting up the camera and actually taping it. If you dont see the difference I see or other see thats perfectly fine.

What you don't seem to see is that it doesn't matter if watching is as bad as actually taping it.

What's inherently lost on you is that both acts are wrong. If you want to get into degrees of wrongness, perhaps you would be so kind as to type us up an essay on the moral shades of someone who robbed a bank versus someone who didn't participate in the theft but knowingly spent the money anyway.

If you agree that that taping someone in a state of undress without their consent is wrong- and I'm hoping against hope that your moral compass doesn't aim in the other direction- then how on Earth is watching it any better?

I'm not some prude here- believe me, I haven't been anywhere but my bed on a Sunday morning before noon since I was 6.

But to sort of excuse the act of watching a nonconsensual videotape on the grounds that you weren't the one who filmed it is idiocy.

I have avoided watching the tape at all costs because I don't desire to see someone in such a manner that they have not granted permission for me to do so.

My curiosity does not extend to up skirt videos, pinhole movies, or any other form of spying, so that I can get my rocks off at the expense of unsuspecting participants.

To come on a message board and say that you saw this video and that she looks really good shows a level of disrespect that is inhuman.

paintmered
07-30-2009, 10:05 PM
This thread has more than run its course.

Chip R
12-10-2009, 09:19 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091211/ap_on_sp_ot/us_espn_andrews_video