PDA

View Full Version : Streaks

UPRedsFan
07-26-2009, 02:08 PM
The current 5 game losing streak - longest of the year - got me thinking. What's our biggest winning streak this year?

4 games in late May. they beat Cle and then swept Ari in a 3 game series.

Since then they haven't won more than 2 in a row! And they have had a couple 4 game losing streaks.

I'm still keeping the faith that it's possible they could go on an extended win streak (as the Rockies did last year) to jump back into contention. But it's going to take everyone getting hot at the same time. Do I predict it will happen? no. But who would have predicted the Rockies last year?

If EE, Phillips and Dickerson can warm up to give Votto some support and the pitching can get back to what it did in May, they may be able to put together some win streaks and make September interesting. But time is wasting. Is it possible?

BigPoppa
07-26-2009, 02:19 PM
You know, I've been the eternal optimist (probably the last one on this forum) that if we ever got hot and the Cards and Brewers stumbled, we might sneak in and take the Central Division.

I think now, as of today, I am abandoning that hope.

After yesterday's "comedy of errors" as Marty called it, I see no conceivable scenario in which we win the Division.

Still a fan, still hope I am proven wrong, still going to GABP to see the Dodgers next month and still taking the dog to Bark at the Park........

.......but yeah, I think we're done.

mroby85
07-26-2009, 02:57 PM
an 8 game winning streak would just put us at .500 right now. To be honest, as much as I wish it was, I just don't think it's in the cards for this year anymore.

UPRedsFan
07-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Afraid I have to agree.

No Jay Bruce

Dickerson hurt

Owings hurt

Hernandez hurt

Encarnacion's head keeps getting in the way of his talent

Not this year.