PDA

View Full Version : Reds starter Tuesday...tba???

Btrester151
07-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Does anyone know who will be starting on Tuesday????????

From reds.com

Tuesday, July 28 Great American Ball Park | 7:10 PM ET

Kevin Correia, RHP (6-8, 4.84)
Padres (38-61) @ To be announced
Reds (44-53)

Scouting Report:
Padres: Correia, who has easily been the Padres most dependable starter this season with Jake Peavy and Chris Young each stuck on the disabled list, was hit hard in his last start on July 23 against the Phillies. Correia yielded a season-high eight runs on nine hits in 3 1/3 innings. That also marked his shortest stint of the season. He had previously lasted only 3 2/3 innings in a start on May 4. Correia finished with three walks and two strikeouts. Correia figured to be a candidate to be moved before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, though his last start probably didn't help him.

Btrester151
07-26-2009, 11:20 PM
It is supposed to be Arroyo. Could a deal have been completed today? Is he hurt?

Where are all of those people who's uncles next door neighbors bosses sons best friends dad who knows a source in the reds organization?

Very interesting, but probably not. :thumbdown

mound_patrol
07-26-2009, 11:34 PM
It is supposed to be Arroyo. Could a deal have been completed today? Is he hurt?

Where are all of those people who's uncles next door neighbors bosses sons best friends dad who knows a source in the reds organization?

Very interesting, but probably not. :thumbdown

My uncles next door neighbor's bosses son's best friend's dad is out of town doing top secret reds organization stuff...he was unavailable for comment.

GIDP
07-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Interesting and nice pick up.

mound_patrol
07-26-2009, 11:43 PM
It could be that a trade is in the works to send Arroyo out...but I'm guessing it's probably as suggested on ORG that they are pushing Arroyo back to fill Owings spot and calling up a pitcher from AAA who's normal day's rest falls on Tuesday.

GIDP
07-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Maloneys next start was supposed to be tomorrow I think. So its very possible that hes coming up.

Btrester151
07-27-2009, 12:25 AM
What is a realistic return for Bronson? How long does he have left on his current contact? he is signed through the 2010 season with an 2011 option right?

Could you send Arroyo and Rhodes and a minor leaguer to the Holos for ss/3b/1b-Brandon Wood?

We might even have to eat some of Bronsons contract next year in that deal.

Brandon Wood with regular playing time will rake!!!!

Do you think that is that enough to get him? Do you think that the angels would want bronson if they miss out on Roy Hall?

Captain Hook
07-27-2009, 01:32 AM
What is a realistic return for Bronson?

That is the million dollar question.If we eat a good potion of his contract then maybe we can get someone who can help next year.If we refuse to eat any of his contract it will be very hard to get any kind of deal done unless we are also sending a few prospect to another team.If Walt proves this thinking completely wrong and gets something decent for Bronson alone and rids the team of any salary obligations then he will have a good start in renewing some faith amongst Reds fans.I can't see it happening though.

aubashbrother
07-27-2009, 02:55 AM
Fay has said over in his blog a couple times that Arroyo is listed in the teams notes as the Tuesday starter that he doesnt know why he is not in the reds site but it has nothing to do with a trade. Heres one line from Fay

You think jocketty called the desk at MLB.com and said list tuesday as tba, I might trade arroyo? Arroyo is listed on the team notes

texasdave
07-27-2009, 10:19 AM
TBA = Totally Bronson Arroyo, dude. :)

BLEEDS
07-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Maloneys next start was supposed to be tomorrow I think. So its very possible that hes coming up.

I'm sure that's the answer.

Trading Arroyo is a pipe-dream at this point, IMO.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

GIDP
07-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Owings is also scheduled to go on the 31st. Maloney could go on that day also if they need him to.

lidspinner
07-27-2009, 01:11 PM
nah, I am still holding out hope for a trade.....Hey, hoping for a trade is more exciting than actually watching the Reds.