PDA

View Full Version : Morrow available?

kheidg-
07-28-2009, 02:39 PM
A source tells FOXSports.com that the Mariners are shifting into "sell mode," with Jarrod Washburn and potentially Mark Lowe, Sean White and Brandon Morrow available.

"They're about ready to do some things," an official of one contender said. With the Mariners now seven and a half games out of a playoff spot, trading Washburn would serve them well, but there is little incentive to giving up on former first-round pick Morrow, which the article acknowledges.

I'd jump all over grabbing Morrow if he is indeed available.

savafan
07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I put him as one of the three moves I'd make to improve the Reds, in the thread on that subject.

BCubb2003
07-28-2009, 08:11 PM
"I throw the ball to Who. Whoever it is drops the ball and the guy runs to second. Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I Don't Know. I Don't Know throws it back to Morrow, Triple play."

jojo
07-28-2009, 11:17 PM
What would the Reds offer the Ms for Morrow?

Benihana
07-28-2009, 11:19 PM
What would the Reds offer the Ms for Morrow?

Drew Stubbs :cool:

jojo
07-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Drew Stubbs :cool:

They've kinda got some internal options for left field.

Benihana
07-28-2009, 11:25 PM
They've kinda got some internal options for left field.

Wladimir Balentien? :cool:

In all seriousness, I'm more interested in Balentien than I am in Morrow, considering the talent that it would take to acquire them. Unless the Reds believe Morrow could be a successful starter (which they might), Morrow is far down on their list of needs.