PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Clement pulled

Brutus
07-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Saw on Twitter from MLBTR that Jeff Clement was pulled from Tacoma's game in the third inning.

What say ye?

redsfandan
07-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Will he be able to stick at catcher?

jojo
07-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Saw on Twitter from MLBTR that Jeff Clement was pulled from Tacoma's game in the third inning.

What say ye?

The Brewers think he's better than Kendall?

Highlifeman21
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
He won't be a Red

RedLegSuperStar
07-29-2009, 12:45 PM
He will be a Yankee with Washbourne

Benihana
07-29-2009, 12:47 PM
He will be a Yankee with Washbourne

If true, cross another Arroyo suitor off the list.

I'd still guess he and Washburn are headed to Milwaukee, but we'll see.

Sea Ray
07-29-2009, 01:35 PM
If true, cross another Arroyo suitor off the list.

I'd still guess he and Washburn are headed to Milwaukee, but we'll see.

Do you think Milwaukee will cough up Escobar?

Benihana
07-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Do you think Milwaukee will cough up Escobar?

No. If they wouldn't move him for Halladay, can't imagine he goes for Washburn/Clement. I heard that Jack Z likes Rickie Weeks from his days in Milwaukee's front office. Weeks seems to have fallen out of favor in Milwaukee, so it would make sense.

nate
07-29-2009, 01:40 PM
MLBTR just reported that they think he's going to the Pirates, perhaps for Duke.

Benihana
07-29-2009, 01:42 PM
MLBTR just reported that they think he's going to the Pirates, perhaps for Duke.

:eek:

Nice trade for the M's, depending of course on who else is involved. Meanwhile, the Bucs continue to accumulate upside.

EDIT: Looks like the M's are getting Jack Wilson and Ian Snell. Snell could be an All-Star in that park, but it's an awful lot of payroll to absorb for Seattle.

Jpup
07-29-2009, 01:42 PM
:eek:

Nice trade for the M's, depending of course on who else is involved. Duke should do well in that park.

I'm guessing that the speculation of a 3 team deal is true. Pittsburgh has no room for Clement behind the plate. They may play him at first?

nate
07-29-2009, 01:44 PM
The latest:

Pirates trade Wilson and Ian Snell for Jeff Clement,Ronny Cedeno, Aaron Pribanic, Brett Lorin, Nathan Adcock

Jpup
07-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Great trade for the Pirates.

Benihana
07-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Great trade for the Pirates.

Yep- get a lot younger, cheaper, and more upside. Surprised Balentien is not in the deal as well. That would have made sense given Pittsburgh's latest moves.

Highlifeman21
07-29-2009, 01:52 PM
So much for the Mariners throwing in the towel

Jpup
07-29-2009, 01:53 PM

Maybe they have another deal on the way.

LoganBuck
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Who saw that one coming?

Highlifeman21
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Maybe they have another deal on the way.

I would hope, b/c getting Wilson and Snell says "buy" to me

Jpup
07-29-2009, 01:57 PM
I would hope, b/c getting Wilson and Snell says "buy" to me

Same here.

schroomytunes
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
meanwhile the Reds are still printing playoff tickets as we speak.

Jpup
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM

If we could just get those hitters to hit and pitchers to pitch better, they have a run in them.

M2
07-29-2009, 01:59 PM

You can't really go into all-out sell mode when you've got 52-48 record, even if that record is a mirage. A limited buy, like what's being mentioned here, would be more in order. Snell could be around in the future and Wilson at least gives them a professional SS for the rest of the season. It's been a while since Seattle has had something other than a gaping hole at SS.

Highlifeman21
07-29-2009, 02:07 PM
You can't really go into all-out sell mode when you've got 52-48 record, even if that record is a mirage. A limited buy, like what's being mentioned here, would be more in order. Snell could be around in the future and Wilson at least gives them a professional SS for the rest of the season. It's been a while since Seattle has had something other than a gaping hole at SS.

All I know is that in MLB The Show, both Betancourt and Cedeno were freakin' vacuums @ SS.

So they got that goin' for them.

edabbs44
07-29-2009, 02:09 PM
All I know is that in MLB The Show, both Betancourt and Cedeno were freakin' vacuums @ SS.

So they got that goin' for them.

Clement is very low rated as well, so the Pirates may have gotten ripped.

Matt700wlw
07-29-2009, 02:09 PM

Is that really more cost effective than toilet paper?

HokieRed
07-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Sorry to see it. I had some faint, completely unjustified hopes, that Snell would end up here.

Jpup
07-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Sorry to see it. I had some faint, completely unjustified hopes, that Snell would end up here.

That would involve movement on the part of the Reds. We haven't seen any for over a year. Hopefully something will change before Friday. 2 days to go.:beerme:

Benihana
07-29-2009, 03:27 PM
1:24pm: Kovacevic reports that the Pirates will pay nearly all of the money owed to Wilson and Snell this year. The Mariners will pay each player $400k.

Wow- outstanding deal for the Mariners. This is the exact type of trade the Reds should be making.

OnBaseMachine
07-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Now Freddy Sanchez has been traded to the Giants for Tim Alderson. Alderson is a very good pitching prospect. Nice deal for the Pirates.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

jojo
07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
The Ms got two legit, though not fancy, major leaguers plus significant money while the Pirates got a propsect who is much less interesting as a firstbaseman than a catcher plus alot of low minor pitching mud to throw up against the wall.

Wilson is more valuable than alot of people might give him credit for-major league average players playing a position like short are very useful but not really sexy. Considering they had Yuni at short, this is a significant upgrade at a premium position that didn't really cost them much when considering Snell is part of the deal too. Also, Wilson isn't a long commitment.

Many Ms fans will be disapointed because they've started fantasizing about Hardy but Milwaukee's recent slide kind of killed that dream.

HokieRed
07-29-2009, 08:34 PM
The Ms got two legit, though not fancy, major leaguers plus significant money while the Pirates got a propsect who is much less interesting as a firstbaseman than a catcher plus alot of low minor pitching mud to throw up against the wall.

Wilson is more valuable than alot of people might give him credit for-major league average players playing a position like short are very useful but not really sexy. Considering they had Yuni at short, this is a significant upgrade at a premium position that didn't really cost them much when considering Snell is part of the deal too. Also, Wilson isn't a long commitment.

Many Ms fans will be disapointed because they've started fantasizing about Hardy but Milwaukee's recent slide kind of killed that dream.

Agree. I see it as a clear win for the M's. Most important player in the trade is, IMHO, Snell because of his significant upside. Would love to have taken a chance on him.

Falls City Beer
07-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Agree. I see it as a clear win for the M's. Most important player in the trade is, IMHO, Snell because of his significant upside. Would love to have taken a chance on him.

Yeah, the Reds have tons of AWESOME starters. No need for Snell.