07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Worth a flyer?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/josh-fields-wants-to-be-traded.html

Homer Bailey
07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Gomes?

Homer Bailey
07-29-2009, 10:36 AM
On 2nd thought he's 26 and sporting a career .302 OBP in the majors. Also strikes out a ton and isn't that good in the field. Probably not. Although I could see him doing better in the NL.

Benihana
07-29-2009, 10:40 AM
I'd take a flyer (as I can never resist a former top prospect), but I wouldn't expect much. While I support a Jonny Gomes trade for value, he would be too much in this instance. I'd think a guy much lower on the value chart could get it done. Maybe they'd like to have Danny Richar back?

*BaseClogger*
07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
No. Even if he coult hit as well as EE he's not an improvement in the field...

mth123
07-30-2009, 06:48 AM
I'd take a flyer (as I can never resist a former top prospect), but I wouldn't expect much. While I support a Jonny Gomes trade for value, he would be too much in this instance. I'd think a guy much lower on the value chart could get it done. Maybe they'd like to have Danny Richar back?

Willy, Willy, Willy. The Sox may be the one place that will take him. I'd throw in a Maloney or Lecure if I had to just to move him.

Benihana
07-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Willy, Willy, Willy. The Sox may be the one place that will take him. I'd throw in a Maloney or Lecure if I had to just to move him.

I would too, but with Dye, Quentin, Wise, and now Kotsay, I can't see the Sox wanting him.

mth123
07-30-2009, 09:24 PM
I would too, but with Dye, Quentin, Wise, and now Kotsay, I can't see the Sox wanting him.

Kenny Williams would make him the starter between Quentin and Dye.

cincinnati chili
07-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Worth a flyer?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/josh-fields-wants-to-be-traded.html

Do you mean Josh Fields of the career .302 on base percentage?

No thank you!

Highlifeman21
07-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Kenny Williams would make him the starter between Quentin and Dye.

So you're saying if Dewayne Wise can't start for the Sox, then Willy Taveras surely can?

mth123
07-31-2009, 03:36 AM
So you're saying if Dewayne Wise can't start for the Sox, then Willy Taveras surely can?

I'm saying Kenny Williams might think that way. Guy traded for Griffey to play CF.

Personally, I think Wise is better than Willy. Said it early on when some one created a thread specifically to mock the Sox and the use of Wise. I just think the Sox may go for a relative name as a potential upgrade. Moving Willy off the roster should be goal number one IMO. His $4 Million in 2010 doesn't represent the potential savings of moving Harang, Arroyo or Cordero, but those guys at least provide something. In Willy's case, its like flushing $4 Million down the toilet.