PDA

View Full Version : Teahen

flash
07-30-2009, 07:03 PM
I read in the Old Red Guard that the Cubs were after Teahen the 3B man for the Royals. Word is that KC is looking for a centerfielder. Just how good is Teahen defensively. He looks every bit as good as EE offensively.

I was thinking maybe the Reds could offer Dickerson and EE for him and a catcher, something KC has plenty of. They have an excellent prospect at the A level. Probably a lot like Coddington.

Blood Red Path
07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Actually there career numbers are quite similar, as are there ages and experience levels. The problem is that I'm not really sure Teahen is an upgrade. Defensively at 3B Teahen is only marginally better than EE(and considerably below average for an everyday ML 3B). If you are trading for Teahen to be used as the regular 3B, then you aren't really solving any problems.

Hondo
07-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Pass, Teahen is not 3B for a Major League Team... He is a great Mix it up player, playing multiple Positions... This team needs some cornerstones, not some 25th man players...

flash
07-31-2009, 01:18 AM
If KC is really looking for a center fielder why couldn't the Reds possibly engineer a minor league trade for Jeff Bianchi a 23 year old shortstop. He has been having a heisey like year albeit at A and AA. Bianchi might be close to being really ready which could solve the SS problem.