PDA

View Full Version : Tigers acquire Washburn

Homer Bailey
07-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Tigers Acquire Jarrod Washburn
By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 10:27am CST]
The Tigers acquired pitcher Jarrod Washburn from the Mariners, according to Mike Salk of ESPN radio in Seattle. Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports agrees, saying the Mariners will get Luke French and another prospect. MLB Network says the other prospect is Mauricio Robles (both are pitchers).

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Homer Bailey
07-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Does that help or hurt the market for Harang? Not a huge haul for the Mariners. Robles has a solid K rate, but French doesn't leave me too enamored.

flyer85
07-31-2009, 11:45 AM
middling prospects but that's probably all Washburn was worth.

Benihana
07-31-2009, 11:47 AM

not a good sign for our pitchers

Homer Bailey
07-31-2009, 11:48 AM
I hope there is a season in which the Reds are in contention and can make a trade like this.

BRM
07-31-2009, 11:49 AM
not a good sign for our pitchers

Nope. The best thing coming back will be salary relief, payflex.

redsfandan
07-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Does that help or hurt the market for Harang? Not a huge haul for the Mariners. Robles has a solid K rate, but French doesn't leave me too enamored.
If Washburn only gets that much when there's only a few months left on his contract and he's actually having a good season it can't be a good sign for Harang.

indy_dave00
07-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Harang's last 2 seasons have made his worth maybe 2 grade level B prospects.

traderumor
07-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Yea, I got ripped just a few weeks ago for noting Harang's demise. I'm not often right so I don't make too many bold predictions, but he certainly seems to have hit the wall in his career. Now, he is just going to rot on the vine. Bob Howsam, where art thou?

Nugget
07-31-2009, 02:35 PM
If Washburn only gets that much when there's only a few months left on his contract and he's actually having a good season it can't be a good sign for Harang.

They're both lefthanded starters which are a step above just getting two pitching prospects. Also one has purportedly been impressive in his time in the major leagues with Detroit. Its not like Washburn is a top starter by any stretch of the imagination. I think it would be like getting Maloney an maybe Wood from Cincinnati.

jojo
07-31-2009, 03:00 PM

Its a great trade for the Ms.

*BaseClogger*
07-31-2009, 03:38 PM

Luke French is the AAA version of Washburn and Robles is a solid prospect. Not bad for a guy who you can't offer arbitration at the end of the season...