PDA

View Full Version : FUnny stuff...

mrherd05
07-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Before the season people complained about EE's defense, no big RBI hitting Right handed bat, and a veteran leader.

We got it with Rolen...a little late...maybe...but stranger things have happened.

We gave up a middle reliever, a minor league pitcher albeit a good one, and EE who very few people even liked.

I find it funny that you got what you wanted, and its STILL not good enough.

Sorry, attack me all you want, but this has been just flat out humerous to read and follow the past hour.

GIDP
07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
i want a left handed pitcher but im not going to give up Bruce to get Jamie Moyer.

mrherd05
07-31-2009, 06:50 PM
thanks for that comeback..

mlh1981
07-31-2009, 07:01 PM
While I don't mind the trade, Scott Rolen isn't a fiery leader. From what I've heard, he pretty much keeps to himself. His example on the field is something that a lot of guys could learn from, but he's not going to be any sort of inspirational force in the clubhouse.

bgwilly31
07-31-2009, 07:03 PM
im thrilled with the trade. :thumbup:

Shawn_RedsFan
07-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Before the season people complained about EE's defense, no big RBI hitting Right handed bat, and a veteran leader.

We got it with Rolen...a little late...maybe...but stranger things have happened.

We gave up a middle reliever, a minor league pitcher albeit a good one, and EE who very few people even liked.

I find it funny that you got what you wanted, and its STILL not good enough.

Sorry, attack me all you want, but this has been just flat out humerous to read and follow the past hour.

i want a left handed pitcher but im not going to give up Bruce to get Jamie Moyer.

I agree with you herd, at first i was upset but now that it has actually went down I think this will be a good move for us in 2010. Also another smart response from GIDP :rolleyes:

Kingspoint
07-31-2009, 07:05 PM
I love great defense if the hitting is tolerable (Balentien is a joke).

We got EE's opposite defensively in Rolen, though 3rd Base isn't a Defensive position. To be opposite of EE Defensively, though is a huge upgrade. Is Rolen worth $11M next season on this team? He is if they can unload Arroyo's $11M contract.

GIDP
07-31-2009, 07:12 PM
If you dont like Edwin you dont trade your best pitching prospect just to get rid of him. the logic behind that is silly. Edwin was arbitration eligible at the beginning of the year and they went 2 years on the deal. Then they waited months for him to get back from the DL. What is the logic, and what is the plan behind these moves? Is walt just flying by the seat of his pants? Seems like it. I heard from someone on this board who I trust a lot when it comes to minor leaguers that the Reds didnt even ask their scouts about Stewart.

Its not about getting rolen its about giving up what they gave up for Rolen who has just as many question marks on him as Edwin.

Believe it or not Rolens health its a big issue. Rich Hardens health is a big issue. Trading Bailey for Harden isnt a good deal. Trading Edwin for Rolen isn't exactly a bad deal but including Stewart certainly is a bad bad deal.