PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Rotoworld take on Dusty & Willy

Hollcat
08-03-2009, 08:27 PM
This was posted on Rotoworld player news Sunday

Willy Taveras has been scratched from the lineup a fourth straight game Sunday.

Taveras is battling wrist problems. Without Jerry Hairston Jr, Laynce Nix is the immediate beneficiary. Taveras is batting .240/.279/.290 this season with 21 stolen bases. The Reds would be better served to move on after the year, but Taveras signed a two-year pact. It means another year of Dusty Baker ensuring the leadoff position isn't clogging up the bases. Of course, here Baker is just clogging up the bench.

Chip R
08-03-2009, 08:37 PM
lol

StillFunkyB
08-03-2009, 11:07 PM
but Dusty is "The man".....

Was Bob Boone this bad? The memory is getting cloudy....

Brutus
08-03-2009, 11:26 PM
but Dusty is "The man".....

Was Bob Boone this bad? The memory is getting cloudy....

I would still take Dusty before Bob Boone. Bob Boone's Sunday specials were worse than anything Dusty can get his hands on. Dusty's biggest problem is sticking with guys too long to the point of being detrimental. Of course, there's a history of some players getting a chance by Dusty that should not have to begin with, but I still take him over Boone given equal availability of resources.

Homer Bailey
08-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I would still take Dusty before Bob Boone. Bob Boone's Sunday specials were worse than anything Dusty can get his hands on. Dusty's biggest problem is sticking with guys too long to the point of being detrimental. Of course, there's a history of some players getting a chance by Dusty that should not have to begin with, but I still take him over Boone given equal availability of resources.

I'll take a Bob Boone Sunday Special over a Monday No Funday, a Tuesday "won't score 2 day", Wednesday "Bleh"ndsay, Thursday Worst Day, Friday Whyday, Saturday Sinking Ship, AND a Sunday Special.

Fire Dusty.

wheels
08-04-2009, 12:14 AM
I'll take a Bob Boone Sunday Special over a Monday No Funday, a Tuesday "won't score 2 day", Wednesday "Bleh"ndsay, Thursday Worst Day, Friday Whyday, Saturday Sinking Ship, AND a Sunday Special.

Fire Dusty.

Awesome.

Brutus
08-04-2009, 12:15 AM

Fire Dusty.

I'll disagree with you in principal, but rep points to you for the imagery.

reds44
08-04-2009, 12:52 AM
He's still better than Jerry Narron, the worst Reds manager I ever did see.

vic715
08-04-2009, 01:54 AM
He's still better than Jerry Narron, the worst Reds manager I ever did see. I can top that one.Ever hear of Don Heffner. 1966 for about half a year.

VR
08-04-2009, 02:02 AM
I can top that one.Ever hear of Don Heffner. 1966 for about half a year.

Excellent poster here at RZ as well....