PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Cubs fans tonight?

Redlegs
08-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Have times gotten so bad in the 'Nati that we can't even fill GABP when the Cubbies are in town? Looks like a lot of empties tonight at the yard.

Chip R
08-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Unemployment office stays open late on Tuesday?

Joseph
08-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Terrible weather all over the tri-state tonight, that plays a huge part of it no doubt.

RedsManRick
08-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Terrible weather all over the tri-state tonight, that plays a huge part of it no doubt.

And gorgeous weather here in Chicago. Maybe they came home to spend a day on the lakefront?

redsmetz
08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Listening on the radio, I heard loud cheering when the Cubs did something. I'm guessing proportionally, they're still there.

cincrazy
08-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Listening on the radio, I heard loud cheering when the Cubs did something. I'm guessing proportionally, they're still there.

Actually, that sound you heard was the vendors finally turning on the Reds and deciding to root for the other team, since they're subjected to such brutal Reds baseball every home game.

redsfan1966
08-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I wasnt at the game tonite...normally, I dont make it down for any but business day specials anymore, so I probably dont have a right to criticize...but yeah, only 18,000 for a game against the Cubs seems pretty weak...on the other hand, I was surprised to see a Cubs series scheduled for early in a week and not on a weekend.....after 14 losing seasons, I guess its hard to keep being a "baseball town".

Reds/Flyers Fan
08-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Have times gotten so bad in the 'Nati that we can't even fill GABP when the Cubbies are in town? Looks like a lot of empties tonight at the yard.

Hard to get fans to come out to watch an intrasquad scrimmage, which is what playing the Reds amounts to.

Reds/Flyers Fan
08-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Does this final line of the Enquirer's game story anger anyone else:

The majority of the crowd of 17,992 wore Cubs gear, and gave Gorzellany a standing ovation when he left the game in the eighth. He tipped his cap.

Does it get any lower than that? Where the opposing players tip their hat while walking off the field to thunderous applause?

Reds baseball is officially irrelevant.

Reds Freak
08-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Can you imagine if they weren't playing the Cubs this series? What do you think they'd get a game? 6-7,000? I think we're going to start approaching Florida Marlins territory these last two months...

Eric_the_Red
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Can you imagine if they weren't playing the Cubs this series? What do you think they'd get a game? 6-7,000? I think we're going to start approaching Florida Marlins territory these last two months...

Serves them (ownership) right.