PDA

View Full Version : Even Johnny Cueto has caught it now

BluegrassRedleg
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Dude can't stand the thought of a quality start. Only has two of them since June 20th, although he's been close on several occasions. He's been in a position to record a third out (it seems to me) several times to preserve a very nice starting effort. Then they end up looking like this mess tonight. Dicking around with a No. 8 hitter, giving up a knock to a pitcher who hasn't had one for more than a year. It's just ridiculous.

malcontent
08-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Could be all the innings they let him pitch (including winter ball).

Maybe if he goes the same TJ route as Volquez, Jocketty would begin to get a clue. Though I won't hold my breath till that happens.

GIDP
08-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Normally when all the pitchers go bad you target the one constant.

texasdave
08-04-2009, 10:10 PM

The baseball? :D

GIDP
08-04-2009, 10:13 PM
The baseball? :D

Is that a nick name we are giving someone? :D

BigPoppa
08-04-2009, 11:00 PM

What's the constant, dude ?

GIDP
08-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Pitching coach and scouting reports

Captain Hook
08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Lets stop beating around the bush guys.

We need to fire Dick Pole!!!!!

What kind of name is that anyways?Dick Pole...makes me laugh every time I hear it.:laugh:

sivman17
08-05-2009, 02:10 AM
We need to fire Dick Pole!!!!!

What kind of name is that anyways?Dick Pole...makes me laugh every time I hear it.:laugh:

used to make me laugh too... now the thought of him or his name just make me cry

bounty37h
08-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Could be all the innings they let him pitch (including winter ball).

Maybe if he goes the same TJ route as Volquez, Jocketty would begin to get a clue. Though I won't hold my breath till that happens.

Not that there is any proof of it from this, but it could also be part result of the WBC-a reason I didn't want it. The extra innnings are so hard, to start off without having time to get back into it is extra pressure and strain on the body. Again, just my theory with nothing to back up, but I said it from the getgo I didnt like it cause of the extra work. Would love to see how other WBC players are doing with injruries/fatigue, etc this year after that (and yes, I know players who didnt paly also get hurt).